Dear Aspirants, Our IBPS Guide team is providing a new series of English Questions for IBPS RRB PO 2019 so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.[WpProQuiz 6619]
Directions (1-5):- Each of the questions given below contains two paragraphs. You need to read and understand which of the options may be a connector between the two paragraphs.
Para 1- The Supreme Court on Tuesday sought the response of the government on a special leave petition filed by RajyaSabha MP Jairam Ramesh against a February 28 decision of the Delhi High Court, rejecting his challenge to amendments enacted to the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) from 2015 onwards, through Finance Acts as ‘Money Bills’.
Para 2- Mr. Chidambaram submitted that before 2015, the PMLA was amended on various occasions through Ordinary Bills as defined under Article 109 of the Constitution. However, post 2015, the Act has been amended through Money Bills.
The amendments in question are Sections 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 and 151 of the Finance Act, 2015, Section 232 of the Finance Act, 2016 and Section 208 of the Finance Act, 2018.
a) A Bench led by Justice S.A. Bobde issued notice to the government on the petition, represented by senior advocate P. Chidambaram.
b) The government had argued in the High Court that the petition by a person not affected by the amendments should not be entertained.
c) The present CJI is Justice RanjanGogoi, and is the 46th CJI since 3 October 2018. January 1950, the year the Constitution came into effect and the Supreme Court came into being. He succeeded Justice DipakMisra on 2 October 2018, and will remain in office till 17 November 2019, the day he retires on turning 65 years in age.
d) The Constitution of India is the supreme law of India. The document lays down the framework demarcating fundamental political code, structure, procedures, powers, and duties of government institutions and sets out fundamental rights, directive principles, and the duties of citizens. It is the longest written constitution of any country on earth. B. R. Ambedkar, chairman of the drafting committee, is widely considered to be its chief architect.
e) Both A and B
Para 1- The frontrunner in the race to become Prime Minister came under heavy criticism after promising to review the taxes, specifically on sugar and salt; the review will not cover tobacco and alcohol.
The former Foreign Secretary vowed not to introduce new sin taxes or increase current levels unless a review concluded they were effective and did not unfairly hit those on low incomes.
Para2-Mr Johnson’s commitment coincided with a warning from Cancer Research UK that obesity caused more cases of some cancers than smoking.
It also came as UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock, his key ally, prepared to publish a Government Green Paper recommending the extension of the sugar tax to milkshakes
a) Tax fraud essentially entails cheating on a tax return in an attempt to avoid paying the entire tax obligation
b) The airline was found to be paying commissions every year to its general sales agent in Dubai, which was also part of a group unit, they said.
c) The sugar tax on soft drinks has been celebrated by the Treasury for shrinking the amount of sugar in the national diet by 45 million kg a year and for raising millions in sports funding.
d) Both A and C
e) Both A and B
Para 1- Walnut trees are native to eastern North America but are now commonly grown in China, Iran, and within the United States in California and Arizona. Beneath the husk of the walnut fruit is a wrinkly, globe-shaped nut. The walnut is split into two flat segments to be sold commercially. Walnuts are available both raw or roasted, and salted or unsalted.
Para 2-They are high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids. They are also a good source of protein. Nuts have a reputation for being a high-calorie and high-fat food. However, they are dense in nutrients and provide heart-healthy fats. The combination of healthy fats, protein, and fiber in walnuts helps to increase satisfaction and fullness. This makes them more healthful as a snack, compared with chips, crackers, and other simple carbohydrate foods.
a) There are many articles which provide a nutritional breakdown of walnuts, a look at its possible health benefits, how to incorporate more walnuts into the diet and any potential health risks of consuming walnuts.
b) Many kinds of bread are high in carbohydrates and quickly raise blood sugar levels. As a result many types of bread should be avoided.
c) The liver is responsible for breaking down carbohydrates, making glucose, and detoxing the body.
d) The pancreas is about 6 inches long and sits across the back of the abdomen, behind the stomach.
e) Either A or B
Para1-Pancreatic cancer begins in the tissues of your pancreas — an organ in your abdomen that lies horizontally behind the lower part of your stomach. Your pancreas releases enzymes that aid digestion and hormones that help manage your blood sugar. Pancreatic cancer typically spreads rapidly to nearby organs.
Para 2- But for people with pancreatic cysts or a family history of pancreatic cancer, some screening steps might help detect a problem early. One sign of pancreatic cancer is diabetes, especially when it occurs with weight loss, jaundice or pain in the upper abdomen that spreads to the back. Treatment may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy or a combination of these.
a) It’ll usually take around 2 weeks to return to your normal activities after operating the gall bladder. After open surgery, you’ll usually have to stay in hospital for 3 to 5 days, and your recovery time will be longer. It can take around 6 to 8 weeks to return to your normal activities.
b) It is seldom detected in its early stages.
c) The pancreas is an organ located in the abdomen.
d) Either b) or c)
e) The pancreas has two main functions: an exocrine function that helps in digestion and an endocrine function that regulates blood sugar.
Para 1-WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook’s services are seemingly experiencing technical glitches since earlier today. The outage appears to be global, with media reports and tweets revealing that the issue is prevalent across Europe, USA and Africa as well. In India, while the WhatsApp chat interface and Instagram posts and stories are active, transferring any form of media, including audio and images, appear to be frozen for now.
Para 2- There has been no word so far from Facebook Inc., which owns each of these apps, as to why the outage must have happened, or whether that could be a cyber-attack. As of 8:30PM IST, each of WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram have been inactive for nearly over an hour. While exchanging text messages on WhatsApp remain possible, other parts of the world such as Scotland and Zimbabwe have confirm via their reports that WhatsApp is, in fact, completely down in Europe and USA. With no official update yet, there is no clarity on when might the features be restored.
a) WhatsApp download failed Sending of files are still active, hinting that this may be some sort of a widespread server bug that is preventing individuals from downloading content that has been shared with them.
b) WhatsApp’s client application runs on mobile devices, but is also accessible from Windows and Mac desktop computers, as long as the user’s mobile device remains connected to the Internet while they use the desktop app
c) Kaspersky, the cybersecurity research, analysis and protection giant, has signed a five year extension to their collaboration agreement with Interpol.
d) By February 2018, WhatsApp had over one and a half billion users, making it the world’s most popular messaging application at the time
e) Both C and D
Directions (6-10): In the questions given bellow a sentence has been broken down into four fragments labeled (A) (B) (C) and (D)arranged not necessarily in the same order. You have to find the correct order of the arrangement from the options given bellow. In case, the sentence is correct in its original form, please select (E) as your answer.
6) Commerce Minister PiyushGoyal said in a written reply to the LokSabha that trade deficit depends upon relative fluctuations in the imports and exports of different commodities due to the global and domestic factors such as demand and supply, (A)/ India’s trade deficit, difference between imports and exports, has widened during the past three years with as many as 25 major countries including South Korea, Japan, Germany, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, Parliament was informed Wednesday. (B)/ currency fluctuations, cost of credit, and logistics costs. The increasing trade deficit in spite of positive growth of exports is mainly due to higher (C)/imports of products such as crude oil, electronic goods, iron and steel, chemicals, coke, fertilisers, and machinery.(D)
e) No rearrangement required
7) One of Japan’s largest warships, the helicopter carrier Izumo, offers a glimpse of where its military is headed: (A)/The Izumo left Subic, a former U.S. naval base in the Philippines, at the end of a two-month deployment in the Indo-Pacific region at a time of prolonged tensions involving China’s sweeping territorial claims in and around the South China Sea. (B)/For the first time, troops from a newly formed amphibious brigade of Japan’s army participated in an extended naval deployment.(C)/The carrier, along with the destroyers Murasame and Akebono, just finished a series of drills with the United States and other countries. (D)
e) No rearrangement required
8) A woman at the centre of a raging social media storm in which her mother claimed that Prophetic Healing and Deliverance Ministries (PHD) leader Prophet Walter Magaya raped her,(A)/ has disowned her parents’ claims, clearing the man of the cloth. Last week, a Mrs Molly Maenzanise accused Prophet Magaya of raping and impregnating her daughter (B)/ in a video that went viral drawing mixed comments on social media. However, at the weekend, the alleged victim, MrsChenai Agatha Maenzanise-Hassan, (C)/publicly dismissed the rape claims in a self-made video that also featured her husband, Christian Hassan.(D)
e) No rearrangement required
9) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 1.75 crore on four public sector banks, (A)/ Punjab National Bank, Allahabad Bankand UCO Bank have been fined Rs 50 lakh each, (B)/while a penalty of Rs 25 lakh has been imposed on Corporation Bank. (C)/including PNB and UCO Bank, for non-compliance with KYC requirement and norms for opening of current accounts.(D)
e) No rearrangement required
10) If things had gone otherwise, the 23-year-old forward would have had his first AFCON finals adventure for his country, and according to the man who has been instrumental to try and get him to play for Zimbabwe, Marshall Gore, he would certainly have scored some goals at this tournament. When Bonne declared in May via Twitter that he was on his way to this football showcase,(A)/ it triggered a wave of expectations among the Warriors fans who have been crying out for a gunslinger with a good record of scoring goals for their team. “To counter the Press reports, I have completed all necessary documents to get my #Zimbabwe passport. (B)/I will be travelling to #AFCON2019 this summer, representing my country,” he said. But, Bonne’s dreams didn’t come true and complications in securing a Zimbabwean passport that would have enabled him to play for the Warriors here, (C)/elbowed him out of the tournament. The Warriors scored just one goal at this tourney, their lowest return of goals since making their debut at this football festival 15 years ago, with KhamaBilliat on target against Uganda.(D)
e) No rearrangement required
Direction (1-5) :
1) Answer: a)
A is the correct answer here.
Other options do not relate to the topic mentioned here in the two paragraphs and if used will make the two paragraphs meaningless. Hence, they cannot be used.
Option B is incorrect. Option B, if used as a connector, makes no sense and hence cannot be used.
Option C is incorrect. It speaks about the Chief Justice of India, and is not fit to be used as a connector here.
Option D is incorrect. It speaks about the Constitution and does not fit here.
2) Answer: c)
Option C is the correct answer here. The two paragraphs deal with the topic of sugar tax and the other sentences, i.e. A and B are irrelevant here.
Option A and B are incorrect. While A defines ‘tax fraud’, B refers to the tax and commissions of an airline.
Option A is the correct choice here.
Option B is incorrect. It deals with breads and nothing related to walnuts which is the main topic here.
Option C is incorrect.Option C deals with the liver and its function.
Option D is incorrect. It deals with the topic of pancreas and is irrelevant.
Option E is incorrect. As already mentioned option B is incorrect here.
4) Answer: b)
Option B is the correct choice here.
Option A is incorrect. It deals with the operation of the gall bladder, a topic which is completely different from the one given here.
Option C is incorrect. Option C deals with the functions of the pancreas but cannot be used as a connector between the two paragraphs.
Option E is incorrect. It deals with the functions of the pancreas but cannot be used as a connecting sentence between the two given paragraphs.
5) Answer: a)
Option A is the correct choice.
Option B is incorrect. It deals with the features and functions of WhatsApp, but cannot be used as a connector between the two paragraphs as it will make no sense.
Option C is incorrect. It tells about Kaspersky Company and is not contextually correct.
Option D is incorrect. It deals with the information about the user base of WhatsApp, but cannot fit between the two given paragraphs.
Direction (6-10) :
6) Answer: d)
India’s trade deficit, difference between imports and exports, has widened during the past three years with as many as 25 major countries including South Korea, Japan, Germany, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, Parliament was informed Wednesday.(B)/ Commerce Minister PiyushGoyal said in a written reply to the LokSabha that trade deficit depends upon relative fluctuations in the imports and exports of different commodities due to the global and domestic factors such as demand and supply, (A)/ currency fluctuations, cost of credit, and logistics costs. The increasing trade deficit in spite of positive growth of exports is mainly due to higher (C )/imports of products such as crude oil, electronic goods, iron and steel, chemicals, coke, fertilisers, and machinery.(D)
7) Answer: c)
One of Japan’s largest warships, the helicopter carrier Izumo, offers a glimpse of where its military is headed: (A)/For the first time, troops from a newly formed amphibious brigade of Japan’s army participated in an extended naval deployment. (C)/The Izumo left Subic, a former U.S. naval base in the Philippines, at the end of a two-month deployment in the Indo-Pacific region at a time of prolonged tensions involving China’s sweeping territorial claims in and around the South China Sea. (B)/The carrier, along with the destroyers Murasame and Akebono, just finished a series of drills with the United States and other countries.(D)
8) Answer: e)
9) Answer: b)
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 1.75 crore on four public sector banks, (A)/ including PNB and UCO Bank, for non-compliance with KYC requirement and norms for opening of current accounts.(D) /Punjab National Bank, Allahabad Bankand UCO Bank have been fined Rs 50 lakh each, (B)/while a penalty of Rs 25 lakh has been imposed on Corporation Bank. (C)
10) Answer: e)