IBPS SO eligibility criteria: IBPS SO Exam is conducted every year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection to recruit candidates for various posts such as IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/ Personnel Officer, and Marketing Officer under various PSBs (Public Sector Banks).
This year as well IBPS will be conducting exams for the post of SO and the tentative dates for the same has been released by IBPS SO.
IBPS SO Exam is conducted in three stages:-
- Interview round
The tentative dates of the IBPS SO 2020 Prelims Exam is December 26 and 27, 2020
and IBPS SO tentative date for the Mains Exam is January 30, 2021.
Candidates should carefully see the eligibility criteria of all the posts as the IBPS SO eligibility criteria is different for different posts.
In this article, we will take you through the IBPS SO eligibility criteria for each post.
IBPS SO eligibility criteria has three important parts namely:-
2) Educational Qualification
3) Age Limit
We will take you through each of them one by one.
1) IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria – Nationality
A candidate must be either –
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
2) IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria – Educational Qualification
Educational qualification is an important aspect for IBPS SO eligibility criteria. Kindly go through the educational qualification of each post to understand for which exam you are eligible.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria for IT Officer (Scale-I)
- 4 year Engineering/ Technology Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation.
- Post Graduate Degree in Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications
- Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria for Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)
- 4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri. Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking/ Agro-Forestry/Forestry/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Food Science/ Agriculture Business Management/ Food Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Agricultural Engineering/ Sericulture.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria for Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)
- Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree (graduation) level
- Post graduate degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the degree (graduation) level.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria for Law Officer (Scale-I)
- A Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria for HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
- Graduate and Two Years Full time Post Graduate degree or Two Years Full time Post Graduate diploma in Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/ HR / HRD/ Social Work / Labour Law.
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria for Marketing Officer (Scale-I)
- Graduate and Two Years Full time MMS (Marketing)/ Two Years Full time MBA (Marketing)/ Two Years Full time PGDBA / PGDBM/ PGPM/ PGDM with specialization in Marketing.
Apart from the above educational qualifications candidates should also note that:
- In case of dual specializations, one of the fields of specialization should be in the field prescribed.
- In case of major/ minor specializations, major specialization should be in the stream prescribed.
- Candidates having PG Degree (MMS or MBA)/PG Diploma with more than two specializations are not eligible to apply.
- No equivalent educational qualification shall be considered as eligible by IBPS or Participating Organizations.
- For posts other than IT Officer Scale I Candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/ language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/ College/Institute.
- Candidates can apply for only one post. Multiple applications will be summarily rejected.
3) IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit
The age limit for all of the above posts is the same.
|Lower Age Limit||20 Years|
|Upper Age Limit||30 Years|
However, there is a relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved category students. The relaxation in the age limit is as below:
|1.||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|2.||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||3 Years|
|3.||Persons With Benchmark Disability as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”||10 Years|
|4.||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 Years|
|5.||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||5 Years|
|6.||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 Years|
Also note that Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ copies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organization(s).
- You can also know more about the IBPS SO Exam Pattern, vacancies, important dates
- You can attempt exact exam level IBPS SO mock test from here
- You can also cover the free daily current affairs and quizzes
Q1. What is the selection procedure for IBPS SO?
Ans. The selection procedure for IBPS SO consists of three stages
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
- Interview Round
Q2. Is the IBPS SO eligibility criteria different for different posts?
Ans. Yes, the IBPS SO eligibility criteria are different for different posts.
Q3. Is the IBPS SO and IBPS PO exam the same?
Ans. No, IBPS PO recruits candidates for Probationary officers whereas IBPS SO recruits for various posts such as IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/ Personnel Officer, and Marketing Officer.
Q4. What is the exam pattern for IBPS SO?
Ans. You can know about the IBPS SO exam pattern in detail from here.
Q5. Is the age limit in IBPS SO Eligibility criteria the same for all the posts?
Ans. Yes, the age limit for IBPS SO Eligibility criteria is 20 Years to 30 Years.
That’s all from this blog. Hope you get to know the IBPS SO Eligibility criteria for different posts from this blog.
Best of Luck.