Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 3rd week February 2020. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2020 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
Soil Health Card Day being observed on 19th Feb
- The Soil Health Card Day is being observed on 19th of February. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched the Soil Health Card (SHC) Scheme on 19th February 2015 at Suratgarh in Rajasthan.
World Day of Social Justice: 20 February 2020
- World Day of Social Justice is observed on 20 February to promote gender equality, indigenous peoples and migrants’ rights
- The theme of World Day of Social Justice 2020 is “Closing the Inequalities Gap to Achieve Social Justice”. It focuses on social justice as it is the global mission of the UN to promote the development and human dignity.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Govt sets up teams to examine villages bordering Nepal for novel corona virus infection
- Union Health Ministry has constituted central teams of experts for examination of villages bordering Nepal for novel corona virus infection.
- Villages bordering Nepal in the states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Sikkim and West Bengal will be inspected by central teams for community-level Information Education Communication activities for novel coronavirus.
Indian Railways zone becomes 1st in India to have energy-neutral stations
- Indian Railways takes a huge leap towards environmental sustainability.The Indian Railways South Central Railways (SCR) zone has become the first zonal railway in the country to have functional “energy neutral” railway stations on the network.
IDSA to be renamed as Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
- Union Government has decided to rename the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, IDSA as Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses.
External Affairs Ministry issues travel advisory for Indians travelling to five provinces of Iraq
- External Affairs Ministry has stated that Indian nationals may now consider travelling to Iraq except to the five provinces of Nineveh, Salahuddin, Diyala, Anbar, and Kirkuk.
EAM to inaugurate Indian Pavilion at 70th Berlin International Film Festival on Feb 20 in Germany
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar will inaugurate Indian Pavilion at 70th Berlin International Film Festival on February 20 in Germany.The festival will be held till 1st of March.
Indian pharma & biotech industry expected to grow to 100 billion dollars by 2025: Piyush GoyalI
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industries Piyush Goyal has stated that the Indian pharma and biotech industry is expected to grow to 100 billion dollars by 2025 from the current size of about 40 billion dollars.
Govt to achieve 50% Gross Enrollment Ratio in higher education by 2030, says HRD Minister
- Union Government has set an ambitious target to achieve 50 per cent Gross Enrollment Ratio in higher education by 2030 to equip its working population with employable skills.
Govt to set up Central Consumer Protection Authority by first week of April
- Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan has stated the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) will be set up by the first week of April this year. The CCPA to be set up under Consumer Protection Act 2019, will address issues related to consumer rights, unfair trade practices, misleading advertisements and impose penalties for selling spurious and adulterated products.
Union Cabinet approves constitution of 22nd Law Commission of India
- Union Cabinet approved the constitution of the Twenty-second Law Commission of India. Union Minister Prakash Javadekar stated that the commission will function for a period of three years from its date of official constitution.
Cabinet approves phase two of Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen
- Union Cabinet has approved the Phase- 2 of the Swachh Bharat Mission, Grameen till 2024-25, which will focus on Open Defecation Free Plus (ODF Plus). The program will work towards ensuring that no one is left behind and everyone uses a toilet.
Cabinet approves constitution of empowered Technology Group
- Cabinet has approved the constitution of an empowered Technology Group which will advise the Government on priorities and strategies for research on emerging technologies across sectors.
Govt to launch Tilhan Mission to boost oilseed production
- The government will launch Tilhan Mission to make the country self-reliant in oilseed production.
India to switch to world’s cleanest petrol, diesel from April 1
- India will switch to the world’s cleanest petrol and diesel from April 1 as it leapfrogs straight to Euro-VI emission compliant fuels from Euro-IV grades now. This has been achieved in just three years and not seen in any of the large economies around the globe.
- India will join the select league of nations using petrol and diesel containing just 10 parts per million of sulphur as it looks to cut vehicular emissions that are said to be one of the reasons for the choking pollution in major cities.
Centre releases Rs 19,950 cr as GST compensation to states, UTs
- The Central Government has released 19,950 crore rupees as GST compensation to states. The amount was released to states. With this release of GST compensation, the Central Government has released a total of over 20 lakh crore rupees towards GST compensation to the states during current fiscal.
Fourth Anniversary of Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission to be observed on 21st feb
- The fourth Anniversary of the launch of Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM) will be observed On 21st February 2016, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched the Mission with the vision to deliver catalytic interventions to rural areas on the threshold of growth.
V Prez inaugurates four-day Indian Students’ Parliament in New Delhi
- Inaugurating the four-day Indian Students’ Parliament in New Delhi, Mr Naidu stated, politics is a vehicle for serving the people and bringing about the desired socio-economic change.
CPCB identifies 60 pollution river stretches in northeastern states
- The Central Pollution Board (CPCB) has identified 60 pollution river stretches based on Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) in different northeastern states.
- According to the report, CPCB has identified over 350 polluted river stretches across India and the number continues to grow.
- The Central Pollution Control Board of India is a statutory organisation under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. It was established in 1974 under the Water Act, 1974. The CPCB is also entrusted with the powers and functions under the Air Act, 1981. Founded: 22 September 1974
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Agency executive: S.P. Singh Parihar (Chairperson), Dr. Prashant Gargava (Member Secretary)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India, Norway to strengthen bilateral cooperation to contain marine pollution
- India has initiated Ocean dialogue with Norway to address the problem of Marine Plastic litter. Both countries decided to strengthen the bilateral cooperation in the field of environment and climate change particularly in the field of marine pollution.
South Africa keen to establish direct air connectivity between Mumbai & Johannesburg: Andrea Kuhn
- The newly appointed Consul General of South Africa in Mumbai Andrea Kuhn has asserted that her country is keen to establish direct air connectivity between Mumbai and
Bangladesh to sign Free Trade Agreement with Nepal
- Bangladesh and Nepal have agreed to sign a Free Trade Agreement to enhance trade between the two countries, a committee will be formed to work out the modalities of the agreement.
- Bangladesh has also agreed to allow Nepal to use it Saidpur airport located in its norther nmost district of Nilphamari close to Nepal.
UAE issues reactor license for first Arab nuclear power plant
- The United Arab Emirates has issued a license for a reactor at its Barakah nuclear power plant, the first in the Arab world, hailing a “historic moment.”
Nepal celebrates 70th National Democracy Day
- Nepal celebrated its 70th National Democracy Day A special ceremony was held at the Nepal Army Pavilion Tudikhel in Kathmandu to mark the occasion.
Bangladesh to enhance Mongla Port Capacity
- The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) of Bangladesh has approved the proposal to enhance the capacity of the Mongla port. The decision was taken in a meeting of the ENCEC chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in Dhaka.
UK announces new points-based visa system
- UK Home Secretary, Priti Patel has announced the launch of Britain’s new points-based visa system. It aims at attracting the “brightest and the best” from the world, including from India.
- Ms Patel, the senior-most Indian-origin Cabinet minister stated, the new system will cut down numbers of cheap, low-skilled migrating workers coming to the country.
Seminar on Indian Defence Equipment held in Dhaka
- High Commission of India in Bangladesh organised a seminar on Indian Defence Equipment in
Sri Lanka: Government decides to withdraw from UNHRC consensus resolutions
- Sri Lankan Government formally announced its decision to withdraw from the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) resolution co-sponsored in
- The proposal to withdraw from the resolution was tabled by Foreign Minister Dinesh Gunawardena who also sought the support of the international community for the move. The announcement came after the Cabinet unanimously decided to withdraw from the resolution in its meeting.
India attends SCO defence and security experts meeting in Pakistan
- Pakistan hosted a two-day meeting of defence and security experts of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Islamabad which was attended by India and other member states.
- The 9th Defence and Security Expert Working Group meeting of the SCO from February 19 to 20 discussed different aspects of cooperation between the SCO member states’ and regional security, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) – the media wing of the Pakistan army.
|Pakistan||Islamabad||Pakistani rupee||Prime minister: Imran Khan
President: Arif Alvi
|UK||London||Pound sterling (GBP)||Prime minister: Boris Johnson|
|UAE||Abu Dhabi||United Arab Emirates dirham||President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
|South Africa||Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein||South African rand|
|Bangladesh||Dhaka||Bangladeshi taka||Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina|
|Afghanistan||Kabul||Afghan afghani||President: Ashraf Ghani|
|Australia||Canberra||Australian dollar||Prime Minister (PM)- Scott John Morrison|
- The United Nations Human Rights Council is a United Nations body whose mission is to promote and protect human rights around the world. The UNHRC has 47 members elected for staggered three-year terms on a regional group basis. The headquarters of UNHRC is in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 15 March 2006
- Head: President; Coly Seck
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Simplified tax compliance regime to be rolled out by April 1: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman stated that simplified tax compliance regime will be rolled out by April 1st, this year. Addressing economists and experts as part of Jan Jan Ka Budget held in Hyderabad the minister directed senior officials to conduct district level interactions in person to clear all GST related issues of traders and industry people.
Moody’s lowers GDP growth rate for 2020 to 5.4 per cent
- Revised growth forecasts to 4 per cent for 2020 and 5.8 per cent for 2021, down from the previous projections of 6.6 per cent and 6.7 per cent.
Govt to facilitate doubling of milk processing capacity by 2025
- Union Government will facilitate doubling of milk processing capacity from over 53 million tonne to 108 million tonne by 2025.
Special Economic Zones continue to take lead in expanding exports
- The Special Economic Zones, SEZ continue to take the lead in expanding the exports for the country.
- Even in the midst of a volatile global economy, SEZs in India have shown resilience and have achieved 100 billion dollar worth of exports so far.
Gujarat govt partners with SBI to facilitate MSME loans
- The Gujarat government signed an MoU with State Bank of India (SBI) to facilitate approval of loans to entrepreneurs in the MSME sector with ease and within a short time-frame.
- As per the MoU, the top public sector lender will provide working capital to entrepreneurs seeking to start new micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) within a short time -frame after providing theoretical approval within 15 days of making an application.
Kotak Mahindra Bank gets RBI nod on promoters’ stake dilution plan
- Kotak Mahindra Bank stated that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted its final approval regarding the dilution of promoters’ shareholding in the bank.
- On January 30, Kotak Mahindra Bank stated that the bank decided to cap the promoters’ voting rights to 15% from April 1 onwards. The RBI gave its in-principle acceptance for reducing promoters’ shareholding to 26% of the paid-up voting equity share capital of the bank within six months from the date of final approval of the regulator
India needs to invest USD 109 billion to halve its road accident fatalities in next decade: World Bank
- India needs to invest an estimated extra USD 109 billion in road safety over the next decade to halve its crash fatalities, the World Bank stated in a report released on a day when at least 35 people were killed in four separate accidents in the country.
- The bank stated such an investment will bring economic benefits equivalent annually to 3.7 per cent of the GDP.The report titled “Delivering Road Safety in India” was released at the ‘Third Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety’ in
Kotak Mahindra bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Uday Kotak
- Founded: February 2003
- Tagline :Lets make money simple
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Membership: 189 countries (IBRD); 173 countries (IDA)
- Founded: 1944
- President: David Malpass
- MD and CEO: Anshula Kant
- Chief Economist: Penny Goldberg
State Bank of India(SBI):
- Chairperson– Rajnish Kumar.
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Former name– Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline– The Banker to Every Indian; With you all the way; Purely Banking Nothing Else; The Nation Banks on Us.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
SEBI constitutes municipal bonds development committee
- Markets regulator Sebi stated it has constituted a committee which will suggest on policy matters pertaining to development of municipal debt securities and facilitate municipalities for issuance of such bonds.
- The regulator has constituted a municipal bonds development committee headed by its Executive Director Sujit Prasad and comprises representatives from municipal corporations, lawyers, professionals and market practitioners.
IRDAI to set up common electronic platform to settle health insurance claims
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) is looking at setting up a common electronic platform for settling health insurance claims.
- The platform, which is expected to come up , will help standardise settlements and ensure that they are done within a specific period of time.
SEBI decides to permit the use of regulatory sandbox
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has decided to permit the use of regulatory sandbox, a system that will allow live testing of new products, services and business models by market players on select customers. The decision was taken at SEBI’s board meeting held in Mumbai.
Microsoft to set up engineering, innovation hub in Noida
- Tech giant Microsoft has set up a new development centre in Noida, its third such facility in India that will serve as an engineering and innovation hub for the company. The India Development Centre (IDC) represents Microsoft’s strategy of globally shared development to build products and services for driving digital innovation.
Rs 1,931 crore Nabard loan for Chintalapudi LIS
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) has sanctioned `1,931 crore as a term loan to the Andhra Pradesh Water Resources Development Corporation (APWRDC) for the completion of Chintalapudi Lift Irrigation Scheme in West Godavari and Krishna districts.
- The financial assistance has been made under the Nabard Infrastructure Development Assistance (NIDA).
Fintech startup Lendingkart partners with Northern Arc Capital
Fintech startup, LendingKart Technologies Private Limited has announced a full-stack co-lending partnership with Non-Banking Finance Company, Northern Arc Capital to disburse over Rs 100 crore as working capital to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is an Apex Development Financial Institution in India. The Bank has been entrusted with “matters concerning Policy Planning and Operations in the field of credit for Agriculture and other Economic activities in Rural areas in India”.Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Agency executive: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala (Chairperson)
- Purpose: Development assistance; Poverty Reduction
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator for the securities market in India owned by the Government of India. It was established in 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
- Founded: 1999
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Founded: 4 April 1975
- Headquarters: Washington, United States
- Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
‘Pyaar ka Paudha’ campaign launched by Bihar govt to encourage practice of planting trees
- ‘Pyaar ka Paudha’ (a plant of love) campaign has been launched by the Bihar government’s Department of Environment and Forest in Patna, to encourage the practice of planting trees in the state.
Gadkari Inaugurates First Inter-City Electric Bus Service in Maharashtra
- Union Minister for Transport, Highways, and MSMEs, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the first inter-city electric bus service, between Mumbai and Pune in
- The 43-seater capacity luxury electric bus, manufactured by Mitra Mobility Solution, has a range of 300 kilometres on a single charge and would be operated twice daily between the two cities.
Gandhinagar railway station to have 5-star hotel
- In a first of its kind in India, the Indian Railways is going to build a five-star hotel above the railway tracks in the station. Gandhinagar will be the first railway station to have a 5-star facility above the tracks.Railways has allowed for pillars to come on the tracks to form the ceiling which will allow for the hotel to be constructed on top.
Haryana to give cash prizes, employment to sportspersons
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar stated that in order to promote sports in the state and encourage youths to excel in sports, the State government has made provision of cash prizes and employment in the Sports Policy.46th Junior National Kabaddi Competition organised by the Amateur Kabaddi Association Haryana at Sports Complex of Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
J&K, Ladakh to come under jurisdiction of CAT soon
- Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Jitendra Singh has stated that Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh will soon be covered by the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT). Addressing the annual conference of the CAT in New Delhi, he stated the tribunal will have jurisdiction to handle disputes and other issues related to the UT services. The CAT so far had jurisdiction only over central services issues in Jammu and Kashmir.
Arunachal Pradesh govt to form panel for Stilwell Road Development
- Arunachal Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein stated that the state government will form a committee on Stilwell Road Development and would appeal Govt. of India for prioritizing on restoration of the road. He stated both India and Myanmar would be mutually beneficial by the road, further deepening the age old cultural linkage and help promoting spiritual tourism.
Uttarakhand CM inaugurates web portal of Badrinath-Kedarnath Mandir Samiti
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivender Singh Rawat inaugurated official web portal of Badrinath-Kedarnath Mandir Samiti.
- This web portal is designed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) all the important information regarding Chardham yatra will be accessible to the people from any part of the world through the official portal.
Manipur: Seed sowing festival ‘Lui-Ngai-Ni’ celebrated at Ukhrul
- The Naga tribes of Manipur celebrated it’s seed sowing festival ‘Lui-Ngai-Ni’, under the theme “Oneness through Culture”, with much fanfare at Tangkhul Naga Long (TNL) ground in
Uddhav Thackeray approves renaming of Latur Medical College after former CM Vilasrao Deshmukh
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has approved the renaming of the Latur Medical College as Vilasrao Deshmukh Institute of Medical Sciences.The late Vilasrao Deshmukh had served as the former CM of Maharashtra.
Ambala city bus stand renamed after late Sushma Swaraj
- The Ambala city bus stand was renamed after late external affairs minister and BJP veteran Sushma Swaraj. Swaraj was born in Ambala Cantt, Haryana and was elected MLA twice from here.
Punjab to honour cops under ‘Appreciate and Commend’ scheme
- The Punjab Police have launched ‘Appreciate and Commend’ scheme.The move is aimed at boosting the morale of police officers who work exceptionally and diligently.
- Nominations will be sought from police chiefs of various districts by the 25th of every month, and these will be screened by a committee comprising senior Police Officers from the headquarters and the field.
Kerala CM launches ”Yodhavu” mobile app to combat drug menace
- ‘Yodhavu’ (Warrior), a mobile app through which the public can inform police about drug abuse and its distribution, was launched by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan as part of efforts to curb the growing menace in the State.
Uttar Pradesh government announces two new youth-centric schemes
- The Uttar Pradesh government announced two new schemes to promote and help the youth of the state.
- The two new schemes are Chief Minister Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (CMAPS) and the Yuva Udyamita Vikas Abhiyan (YUVA) will make the youth self-dependent.
Police, Uber launch Himmat Plus app at IGI airport
- To ensure safety and security of people travelling in cabs, the Delhi Police along with Uber launched the Himmat Plus app at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport.
- In case of an emergency, the police headquarters will receive the real-time location of a driver or a rider through this app so that a PCR van can be assigned to provide assistance.
UP becomes first state to enforce Performance Regulation Act for power department
- Uttar Pradesh has enforced Performance Regulation Act 2019 for the power department. It is to provide timely and hassle-free service to the consumers.
- The consumers would now get financial compensation for delay in solving their complaints by the department. Around 2 crore 87 lakh people are likely to be benefitted from the new law.
Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan to launch hospital Nadu-Nedu
- ‘Nadu – Nedu’ (Now and then) in hospitals, a scheme initiated by the State government to upgrade facilities in government hospitals for ensuring quality medical treatment to patients, launched by Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Kurnool.
- The government plans to spend `11,737 crore for the implementation of Nadu-Nedu in hospitals in three phases in the next three years. Besides upgrading the infrastructure in the existing hospitals, the government has also decided to construct new hospitals wherever required.
Lithium reserve found in Mandya near Bengaluru
- The Researchers of India’s Atomic Energy Commission have found lithium reserves of 14,100 tonnes in Mandya, Bengaluru, Karnataka. Lithium is a rare metal used for manufacturing batteries for electric vehicles.
- India currently imports all its lithium needs and lithium batteries worth $1.2 billion for the year 2019 from $384 million in 2017.
Uttarakhand govt organises wellness summit
- To promote investment opportunities in Uttarakhand, the State government organised “Uttarakhand Wellness Summit 2020” in New Delhi.
- The primary objective of the summit is to shed light on the potential of developing the State as a ‘global spiritual economic zone’.
Ganga Kayak Festival organised in Uttarakhand
- The eighth edition of Ganga Kayak Festival was inaugurated in Devprayag, Uttarakhand.
- The festival is jointly organized with Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council and The Adventure Sports Society is witnessing participation of 45 male and 6 women athletes from Russia, Australia and Nepal.
Tamil Nadu, Karnataka to observe Jayalalithaa’s birth anniversary as ‘Girl Children Protection Day’
- TN and Karnataka government will celebrate former Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa’s birthday as ‘State Women Children Protection Day’ on February 24.
- TN government will implement five new schemes, including a Rs 2 lakh assistance by way of bank deposit, for the welfare of destitute girl children.
Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami announces 50 per cent subsidy for Ulemas to buy two-wheelers, increases pension
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami announced a 50 per cent subsidy for ‘Ulemas‘ to buy new two-wheelers and doubled their pension by increasing the payout to Rs 3,000 from the present Rs 1,500.
UP govt allots Rs 2,000 cr for Jewar airport in budget
- The Uttar Pradesh government allotted a fund of Rs 2,000 crore for the Jewar Airport in Gautam Buddh Nagar.
- A budget of Rs 2,000 crore has been proposed for the Noida International Greenfield Airport in Gautam Buddh Nagar’s Jewar. The airport is expected to go operational by 2023.
Haryana govt to open Atal Kisan – Majdoor canteens to provide meals at concessional rate
- Haryana government will open Atal Kisan – Majdoor canteens in all mandis and sugar mills across the state to provide affordable and cheap meals to farmers and labourers at a concessional rate of 10 rupees per plate.
Tripura: Bharat-Bangla Tourism festival begans in Agartala
- In Tripura, a two-day long first-ever Bharat-Bangla Paryatan Utsav-Tourism festival began with spectacular cultural events Ujjayanta Palace compound in Agartala.
Arunachal Pradesh celebrates 34th Statehood Day
- Arunachal Pradesh is celebrating its 34th Statehood Day . Arunachal Pradesh attained statehood on February 20, 1987. Home Minister Amit Shah will attend the celebrations at Itanagar.
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||K Palaniswami||Banwarilal Purohit|
|Haryana||Chandigarh||Manohar Lal Khattar||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru||Yediyurappa||Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun||Trivendra Singh Rawat||Baby Rani Maurya|
|Uttar pradesh||Luck now||Yogi Adityanath||Anandiben Patel|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai||Uddhav Thackeray||Bhagat Singh Koshyari|
|Punjab||Chandigarh||Captain Amarinder Singh||Vijayender Pal Singh Badnore|
|Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram||Pinarayi Vijayan||Arif Mohammad Khan|
|Delhi||Arvind Kejriwal||Anil Baijal|
|Andhra Pradesh||Legislative Capital- Amaravati.
Executive Capital- Vishakapatnam
Judicial Capital- Kurnool
|YS Jagan Mohan Reddy||Biswabhusan Harichandan|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun||Trivendra Singh Rawat||Baby Rani Maurya|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar||Pema Khandu||B .D.mishra|
|Bihar||Patna||Nitish Kumar||Phagu Chauhan|
- National Informatics Centre is an attached office under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. NIC provides infrastructure to help support delivery of Government IT services and delivery of some of the initiatives of Digital India.
- Founded: 1976
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Director General: Neeta Verma
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Gujarat Tourism- ITDC sign MoU to develop light, sound show at major tourist places
- Gujarat Tourism Department and ITDC of Government of India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU for consultancy service to develop innovative and decorative light and sound show at major tourist places in the state
Bird ringing station to come up in Bihar; MoU inked in Gujarat
- Principal Secretary, Environment and Forests, Dipak Kumar Singh, stated a Memorandum of Understanding was exchanged by representatives of the Bihar government and the Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) at
IOC to invest Rs 500 crore for Karnataka unit
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Karnataka government under which the firm will invest `500 crore to set up petroleum products receiving, storage and distribution terminal at Chitradurga in Karnataka.
- It will be set up in an area of 120 acres in the district.The MoU was signed during ‘Invest Karnataka’, conference at Hubballi.
EESL inks pact with BSNL for 1,000 EV charging stations across country
- State-owned Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) has signed an initial pact with BSNL for installing charging stations for electric vehicles.
- As per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), EESL will set up public EV charging stations at 1,000 BSNL sites in a phased manner across the country.
- Founded- 2000.
- Headquarters- New Delhi, India.
- Chairman & MD -Pravin Kumar Purwar.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Sanjiv Singh
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
NCLAT gives approval to JSW Steel to acquire Bhushan Power
- The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) approved the resolution plan put in place by JSW Steel to take over the debt-laden Bhushan Power & Steel (BPSL).
- The National Company Law Tribunal is a quasi-judicial body in India that adjudicates issues relating to Indian companies.
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 1 June 2016
- Headquarters: New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Vinay Dube appointed as GoAir CEO
- Wadia group-promoted GoAir has appointed Vinay Dube as the airline’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Dube would be responsible for the management of the airline and also for meeting the goals and long-term growth objectives of the company.
1988 batch IAS officer Rajiv Bansal becomes Air India’s new CMD
- The government appointed the 1988 batch IAS officer of Nagaland Cadre Rajiv Bansal as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India.
- Mr Bansal is presently serving as the Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Karnataka Deputy CM Laxman Savadi set to be elected unopposed
- Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister Laxman Savadi from BJP is set to win the lone vacant seat of legislative Council following the withdrawal of candidature by Independent candidate Anil Kumar who was supported by JD(S).
- Laxman Savadi who had lost the Assembly election was made Deputy Chief Minister and hence it is necessary for him to be elected to the House to retain his position.
Australia appoints Barry O’Farrell as the new high commissioner to India
- Australia has appointed former New South Wales premier Barry O’Farrell as the next high commissioner to
- O’Farrell will succeed Harinder Sidhu who has been in the office since 2016.
Afghanistan: Ashraf Ghani secures 2nd term as President
- In Afghanistan, independent Election Commission announced that Ashraf Ghani has won a second term as President of the country.
PM-led panel names President’s secretary Sanjay Kothari as next CVC, ex-IAS officer Bimal Julka to be CIC
- Sanjay Kothari, the Secretary to the President, has been selected as the new Central Vigilance Commissioner by a high-powered committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The committee has also chosen former Information and Broadcasting Secretary Bimal Julka, currently serving as an Information Commissioner, as the new Chief Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission.
Supratim Bandyopadhyay named new PFRDA Chairman
- Supratim Bandyopadhyay was appointed as chairman of the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), a body which regulates the National Pension Scheme subscribed by government and private employees from organised and unorganised sectors.
Mahant Nritya Gopal Das elected as President of Ram Mandir Trust
- The first meeting of the Ram Mandir Trust to oversee the construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya was held in New Delhi .
- Nripendra Misra, former principal secretary of Prime Minister Modi will be the head of the temple construction committee. Mahant Nritya Gopal Das was elected as the president of the Trust whereas Champat Rai would be the general secretary.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Renowned Feminist Scholar Gita Sen Wins Dan David Prize
- Feminist scholar and activist Gita Sen has won the prestigious Dan David Prize for her expansive work in the fields of population policies, reproductive and sexual health, women’s rights, poverty, labour markets and global governance.
Dr Sohini Sastri wins Best Astrologer of the Year at Indian Achievers Award ceremony
- Kolkata-born renowned astrologer Dr Sohini Sastri, has been graced with prestigious Indian Achievers Award, wherein she was adjudged the Best Astrologer of the Year.
Scientist from CDRI gets Tata Innovation Fellowship
- Dr Ritu Trivedi, Principal Scientist from Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) has been conferred with prestigious Tata Innovation Fellowship for the year 2019-2020.The fellowship has been given to her in recognition of her contributions in translational research by innovative scientific knowledge and platform technologies.
Filmfare 2020: ‘Gully Boy’ Bags Top Awards
- The 65th Amazon Filmfare Awards 2020 was held at Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati, This was the first time that the prestigious award ceremony was held outside Mumbai.
- Best Film:Gully Boy
- Critics’ Award for Best Film:Article 15 and Sonchiriya
- Best Director:Zoya Akhtar, Gully Boy
- Best Actor In A Leading Role (Male):Ranveer Singh, Gully Boy
- Best actress in a leading role(female): alia bhatt
Sachin Tendulkar wins the Laureus Sporting Moment Award for ICC World Cup 2011 victory lap
- Sachin Tendulkar won the Laureus World Sports Award for Laureus Sporting Moment 2000-2020. Laureus World Sports Awards 2020 was held in Berlin, Germany.
- The former Indian cricket team captain became the first Indian sportsperson to win a Laureus World Sports Award with his win at the 20th-anniversary edition of the event dubbed as the ‘Oscars of Sport.’
Ratan Tata conferred honorary doctorate by UK university
- Tata Group Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Manchester for his contribution to innovation and philanthropy.The UK university stated that the award was presented to the 82-year-old industrialist in Mumbai recently during the India tour of President and Vice-Chancellor Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell.
Biocon Chairman Kiran Mazumdar Shaw gets EY’s ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award
- Biocon’s Chairman and Managing Director Kiran Mazumdar Shaw has been declared EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019.Shaw will now represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) to be held in Monte Carlo from June 4-6, 2020.
Indian freelance journalist Ahmer Khan wins AFP’s Kate Webb Prize for covering ‘challenging’ Kashmir
- Ahmer Khan, the 27-year-old Indian freelance reporter, was named the winner of the 2019 Agence France-Presse Kate Webb Prize for his coverage on the ground in Kashmir during the lockdown of the region. The award, named after one of AFP’s finest correspondents, recognizes journalism by locally hired reporters in Asia operating in risky or difficult conditions.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Difficult Dialogues 2020
- The fifth edition of Difficult Dialogues will be held from February 14 to February 16 at the International Centre Goa, Dona Paula.
Delhi to host 3-day global conference on traditional medicines
- The 7th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology (SFEC 2020), to be inaugurated by Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik, will be attended by more than 2,000 experts and representatives from the industry in New Delhi academicians gather to discuss the state of law.
All India Conference of Central Administrative Tribunal 2020 held in New Delhi
- The annual All India Conference of the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) was held in New Delhi.The one day conference was attended by Judicial and Administrative Members from all 17 Benches of CAT from across the country, members of the CAT Bar Association and eminent Jurists, who deliberated on key issues related to the functioning of the Tribunal and priorities for 2020.
PM Modi inaugurates ‘Kashi Ek Roop Anek’ exhibition in Varanasi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Kashi Ek Roop Anek’– a cultural, arts and handicrafts exhibition, at Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Hastakala Sankul in
- ‘Kashi Ek Roop Anek’ showcased products from over 10,000 artisans from all over Uttar Pradesh.
2020 UN Climate Change Conference (UNFCCC COP 26)
- The 26th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 26) to the UNFCCC is expected to take place from 9-19 November 2020, in Glasgow, UK.Indian-origin Alok Sharma from Agra,Uttar Pradesh(UP) has been appointed as the minister in charge of the UK’s COP26 climate change summit.
J&K Global Investors Summit-2020
- Chief Secretary, B V R Subrahmanyam chaired 2nd Apex Committee meeting to review preparations for the upcoming J&K Global Investors Summit-2020 to be held in the capital cities of Srinagar and Jammu.
- The summit will not only help to present business-friendly policies of the Government; identify business opportunities in J&K to participating trade and industry organizations but also harmonize J&K’s intrinsic strength and aspirations of development and employment opportunities.
Hyderabad all set to host 17th Edition of BioAsia 2020
- Telangana is all set to host the three-day Bio Asia 2020, Asia’s largest Biotechnology and Life Sciences Forum with the theme of ‘Today for Tomorrow’ in Hyderabad.
- Switzerland will be the partner Country this year as part of the annual tradition. An eminent 40-member team comprising industries, academia and start-ups from Switzerland will participate in the event.
3rd Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety
- The 3rd Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety “Achieving Global Goals 2030” will take place in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Hosted by the Government of Sweden and co-hosted by WHO, the Ministerial Conference will be an opportunity for delegates to share successes and lessons from implementation of the Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011–2020
Secretary Agarwal reviews Fasal Bima in Udaipur
- Sanjay Agarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, inaugurated the 4th National Conference on Review of Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) began in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
S Jaishankar inaugurates Indian pavilion at Berlin International Film Festival
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar inaugurated the Indian pavilion at the Berlin International Film Festival for which three feature films and one documentary from the country have been selected.
- Information and Broadcasting ministry in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is participating in the 70th edition of the festival
NE Sustainable Development Goals Conclave to be held in Assam
- North East Sustainable Development Goals Conclave 2020 will be held in Assam from February 24-26, 2020.
- Government think-tank Niti Aayog is organising the ”Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Conclave 2020: Partnerships, Cooperation and Development of North Eastern States”.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- PMFBY provides a comprehensive insurance cover to farmers against failure of the crop. Currently, the scheme has three active participants namely the state government, banking sector and the insurance sector.
- The scheme is being administered by the Ministry of Agriculture with an aim of supporting sustainable production in agriculture.
- Launched on 18th February 2016
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
DMart’s Radhakishan Damani is second richest man in India: Forbes
- Riding on the ongoing stock rally of Avenue Supermarts, founder Radhakishan Damani has become the second most richest in India, behind Reliance Industries’s Mukesh Ambani ($57.4 billion).
- According to Forbes’ Real-Time Billionaires Index, the total net worth of Damani is at $17.8 billion.
Global defence spending: the United States widens the gap
- In 2019, the United States remained by far the world’s largest defence spender, widening the gap between it and the second largest spender,
- The United States’ defence investments in weapons procurement and R&D were also worth around four times as much as European states’ combined.
India becomes world’s 5th largest economy, overtakes UK, France
- India emerged as the world’s fifth largest economy by overtaking the UK and France in 2019.
- India’s economy is the fifth largest in the world with a GDP of USD 2.94 trillion, overtaking the UK and France in 2019 to take the fifth spot.
Hindi is 3rd most spoken language in the world with 615 million speakers after English, Mandarin
- Hindi is the 3rd most spoken language of the world in 2019 with 615 million speakers. The 22nd edition of the world language database Ethnologue stated English at the top of the list with 1,132 million speakers. Chines Mandarin is at the second position with 1,117 million speakers.
IISc ranks 16th among top 100 universities of emerging economies
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has ranked 16th among the top 100 universities of emerging economies.
- Indian universities had a good performance year within the emerging economies of the world as a record 11 made it to the top 100 Times Higher Education’s (THE) Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) emerged as India’s top-ranked institution followed by the Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs).
India jumps five ranks to 35th in Worldwide Education for the Future Index 2019
- India jumped five ranks in the Worldwide Educating for the Future Index (WEFFI) 2019, as per a report published by The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- India ranked 35th on the overall index in 2019 with a total score of 53, based on three categories – policy environment, teaching environment and overall socio-economic environment. The country ranked 40th with an overall score of 41.2 across categories in 2018.
CSIR tops scientific research institutional ranking
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has been ranked first in the Nature Ranking Index-2020. The rankings are based on total research output which the institutions have carried out from December 01, 2018 to 30th November, 2019. Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, has been ranked second.
India ranks 77th on sustainability, 131st in child flourishing index rankings
- India ranked 77th on a sustainability index that takes into account per capita carbon emissions and ability of children in a nation to live healthy lives and secures 131st spot on a flourishing ranking that measures the best chance at survival and well-being for children
- Norway leads the table for survival, health, education and nutrition rates – followed by South Korea and the Netherlands. Central African Republic, Chad and Somalia come at the bottom.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Anti-hijack mock drill conducted in Vishakapatnam
- A mock anti-hijack exercise was conducted by INS Dega at Visakhapatnam airport.
- The anti-hijack exercise was conducted with a mock situation created that involved the actions of various agencies including Marine Commandos (MARCOS), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Airport Authority of India (AAI) and the State Government agencies.
CDS Gen Bipin Rawat announces plan to create Peninsula Command
- Chief of Defence Staff, General Bipin Rawat stated there are plans to create a Peninsula Command with Navy’s Eastern and Western Command under it.
- General Rawat stated India is looking at setting up two to five theatre commands. Air Defence command will be rolled out by beginning of next year and peninsula command will be rolled out soon.
GRSE delivers the 4th Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette, INS Kavaratti
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd., (GRSE), a leading Warship builder and Miniratna Category 1 Company under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence delivered Yard 3020 INS Kavaratti, to the Indian Navy.
- The ship is the 104th Warship built and delivered by GRSE since its inception in 1960 and is the Last in the Series of 04 Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvettes (ASWC) under the Project 28.
India-Russia defence deals set to cross $16 bn; to include S-400 systems, Kalashnikov rifles
- Defence deals between India and Russia are set to cross $16 billion and Moscow is committed to the timely implementation of contracts, including the supply of S-400 air defence systems and production of Kalashnikov rifles and Kamov helicopters.
India to send its largest military aircraft to evacuate more Indians from Wuhan
- India will send a C-17 military transport aircraft to the Chinese city of Wuhan to evacuate more Indians and deliver a consignment of medical supplies to China’s coronavirus-hit people
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
NIT, Trichy develops a mobile app for Self Help Group products
- The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy, Tamilnadu has developed Thirumathikart – a mobile app for SHG (Self Help Group) products.
- The application was developed in coordination with the Union Department of Science and Technology.The main objective of the app is to empower women and help them access market opportunities in a seamless manner.
ISRO to launch an unprecedented 10 earth imaging satellites
- The country will send up an unusually large number of 10 earth observation (EO) satellites during 2020-21, according to the latest annual report of the Indian Space Research Organisation for 2019-20.
- It includes new categories such as the first Geo Imaging Satellite, GISAT-1.
Pakistan Test Launches Ra’ad II Nuclear-Capable Air-Launched Cruise Missile
- Pakistan test-launched a new variant of its Ra’ad II nuclear-capable air-launched cruise missile (ALCM).
- The new longer-range Ra’ad II significantly enhances air delivered strategic standoff capability on land and at sea.
Solar Powered PHASA-35 Completes First Test Flight In Australia
- BAE Systems is celebrating the successful maiden flight of a solar powered High-Altitude Long Endurance (HALE) aircraft at the RAAF’s Woomera Test Range in South Australia.
- PHASA-35 is an unmanned 35-metre wingspan solar-electric aircraft that has progressed from design to flight in just 20 months.
SCSC launches new app to make women feel safe
- The She M Power Women Security Conclave organised by the Society for Cyberabad Security Council (SCSC) saw the launch of a new comprehensive mobile application called She Safe.
Personal reading scanner machine for visually impaired
- Nearly 4.7 million people in India are blind or visually impaired, this physical disability keeps them away from many things one of which is, reading.
- To make them self-dependant when it comes to reading Central Scientific Instruments Organisation, (CSIO) Chandigarh has developed a scanner-based reading device called ‘Divyanayan.
- Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Chairman– K Sivan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHOR
Book compiles well-known aphorisms of Chanakya
- “Chanakya Niti: Verses on Life and Living” is translated from the original Sanskrit by long-time career diplomat A N D Haksar and published by Penguin Random House India.
- A new book takes a look at the Chanakya Niti corpus as a whole through some of well-known aphorisms attributed to the ancient master of statecraft Kautilya.
Union Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar unveils India/Bharat 2020
- Union Minister Prakash Javadekar unveiled Annual Reference India/Bharat 2020. The book is a complete reference manual for all people including those appearing for competitive examinations. The book has become a tradition and is becoming popular by the day.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Indian athletes clinch 3 medals in World SnowShoe Championship
- Indian athletes finished with three medals in different categories in the World SnowShoe Championship at Myoko, Japan .
- Ayan Bin Shahnaz bagged silver, while Zain Ali and Muzamil Hussain Mir, all are from Kashmir, bagged bronze medals in their respective categories.
Vidit Gujrathi continues to lead standings in Masters category of Prague Chess Festival
- Indian Grandmaster Vidit Gujrathi continued to lead the standings in the Masters category of the Prague Chess Festival, after sharing a point with Swedish GM Nils Grandelius in the fourth round.
Manchester City banned from European competition for two seasons by UEFA
- The Premier League stated in March that it had opened its own investigation into Manchester City and Financial Fair Play after UEFA began its probe.
- English champions Manchester City have been banned from European competition for the next two seasons and fined 30 million euros ($32.53 million) by European soccer’s governing body UEFA after an investigation into alleged breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.
Asian Wrestling Championship begins in New Delhi
- Asian Wrestling Championship will begin in New Delhi. It will be held at the KD Jadhav Hall of Indira Gandhi Stadium till 23rd of this month.
- The event will have a total of 30 weight classes, 10 each in Freestyle Men, Women, and Greco Roman.
NADA bans javelin thrower Amit Dahiya for four years
- National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) has banned javelin thrower Amit Dahiya for four years for evading sample collection and trying to cheat officials during the 2nd National Javelin Throw Open Championship 2019 held at SAI Centre in Sonipat.
FIFA U-17 Women’s Football World Cup to be hosted in 5 cities in November
- Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launched an event in New Delhi to unveil the five host cities for the FIFA Under-17 Women’s Football World Cup which kicks off on2nd of November this year.
- The matches of the world cup will be held in five cities including Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata and Navi Mumbai. The finals of the tournament will be played on 21st of November at Navi Mumbai.
Sunil Kumar wins gold in 87-kg Greco Roman category in Asian Wrestling Championships
- Greco Roman wrestler Sunil Kumar opened India’s medal account in the Asian Wrestling Championships at New Delhi by winning a Gold. The seasoned grappler beat Azat Salidinov from Kyrgyzstan in the final of the 87 kg category.
AIFF receives ‘Grassroots Charter Bronze Level’ membership of AFC
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has received the “Grassroots Charter Bronze Level” membership of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). The Asian sports governing body has confirmed this in a letter to the AIFF General Secretary Kushal Das.
India claims five silver, six bronze medals at 2020 Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships
- India claimed five silver and six bronze medals at the ongoing 2020 Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- In 45 kilogram category, K V L Pavani Kumari won silver medals in both youth girls and junior women section, while Sidhanta Gogoi claimed silver in youth boys and junior men events in 61-kilogram category after lifting a total of 145 and 269 kilograms.
India to host AFC Women’s Asian Cup in 2022
- India will host the 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup. The Women’s Committee of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) announced this in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Asian Wrestling C’ships: Indian wrestlers win three bronze medals in Greco-Roman events
- Ashu, Aditya Kundu and Hardeep have won a bronze medal each in their respective weight categories as Indian wrestlers bagged five medals in Greco-Roman events of the Asian Wrestling Championships in New Delhi .
- While Ashu won a bronze in 67kg category, Aditya and Hardeep also bagged the medals of same colour in the 72kg and 97kg respectively on the second day of the competitions.
P V Sindhu wins third successive ESPN’s Female Sportsperson of the Year award
- World champion shuttler P V Sindhu won the ESPN’s Female Sportsperson of the Year award for a third consecutive time while young shooter Saurabh Chaudhary bagged the honour in the male category.
- Sprinter Dutee Chand became the first winner of the Courage award for being inspirational both on and off the field. Ace chess player Koneru Humpy won the award for the Comeback of the Year. Wrestler Deepak Punia bagged coveted ESPN’s Emerging Sports Person of the Year award.
Pragyan Ojha announces retirement from international, 1st-class cricket
- Indian left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha announced retirement from international and first-class cricket with immediate effect. The 33-year-old last played for India in 2013 during Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell Test against the West Indies in Mumbai.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Parikrama lead guitarist and founder Sonam Sherpa passes away
- The founding member and lead guitarist of acclaimed band Parikrama, Sonam Sherpa passed away.
- Sherpa formed Parikrama on June 17, 1991 in Delhi along with Subir Malik, who is also the organ player in the band.
Bengali actor and former MP Tapas Pal passes away
- Bengali actor and former Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal passed away.
- In 1980, Tapas Pal made his debut in the Bengali film industry with Tarun Majumdar’s Dadar Kirti. Four years after his first film, Tapas Pal made his debut in Bollywood with Abodh in 1984 and was cast opposite Madhuri Dixit.
Former Manchester United goalkeeper and ‘Hero of Munich’ air disaster Harry Gregg passes away
- Former Manchester United and Northern Ireland goalkeeper Harry Gregg has passed away at the age of 87.He spent nine years at the club, and also won 25 caps for Northern Ireland
- He was dubbed the ‘hero of Munich’ for his bravery during 1958 air disaster
Veteran journalist M S Mani passes away
- Veteran journalist and Chief Editor of ‘Kala Kaumudi’ daily M S Mani passed away.
- He started his career in 1961 as a staff reporter at ‘Kerala Kaumudi’ and within a year was posted in Delhi as the Parliament correspondent.
Greatest woman golfer, Mickey Wright dies at 85
- Mickey Wright, often described as the greatest woman golfer of all times, died at Florida in the United States at the age of 85. Her haul of 13 major victories included four US Women’s Open titles and four US Women’s PGA Championships.
Veteran Kannada actor Kishori Ballal passes away
- Veteran Kannada actor Kishori Ballal, who had acted in over 75 movies and left an indelible mark with her role in Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Swades, passed away.
- Kishori made her acting debut in the 1960s with Kannada movie Ivalentha Hendathi
Former FICCI president & Executive Chairman of KCP Group V.L. Dutt Passes Away
- L. Dutt, the executive chairman of KCP Group passed away.
- Dutt was the past president of FICCI, All India Organisation of Employers, ICC India, Indian Sugar Mills Association, Cement Manufacturers Association and Andhra Chamber of Commerce. He was also the past vice-chairman of ICC’s Commission on International Trade and Investment Policy, Paris.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st February 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (9th to 14th February 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 8th February 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (25th to 31st January 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (18th to 24th January 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (11th to 17th January 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 10th January 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st December 2019)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 21st December 2019)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (07th to 13th December 2019)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 06th December 2019)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 30th November 2019)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 22nd November 2019)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 15th November 2019)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th November 2019)
||Click Here to Download|