Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 4th week of December 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming IBPS Clerk / LVB PO 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Current Affairs: Important Days
|December 22||National Mathematics Day||–|
|December 23||Kisan Diwas or Farmer’s Day||–|
|December 24||National Consumer Day||Timely Disposal of Consumer Complaints|
Current Affairs: State
- The Karnataka State Cabinetapproved a grant of 8,037.87 crore for the development works in the city under the Chief Minister’s Nava Bengaluru Scheme.
- Odisha government today announced KrushakAssistanceforLivelihoodandIncomeAugmentation (KALIA) scheme for supporting small and marginal farmers and landless agricultural labourers in the state.
- Jharkhand Announces 2,250 Crore Scheme (MukhyaMantriKrishiYojana) to Help Farmers, The state government will give Rs. 5,000 per acre to 22.76 lakh medium and marginal farmers from the next financial year.
- The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the Centre of Excellence for Sickle Cell Anaemia, Thalassemia and Other Genetic Blood Disorders at the Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences in Karimnagar, Telangana
- The Manipur Assembly has passed a bill which recommends life imprisonment for those involved in mob violence,
|CM||N Biren Singh|
- Ross Island, Neil Island and Havelock Island in the Andaman and Nicobar, will be renamed as Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Island, ShaheedDweep and SwarajDweep respectively.
|Andaman And Nicobar Capital||Port Blair|
|Governor||Admiral D K Joshi|
- PM Modi inaugurated India’s longest rail-road bridge (Bogibeel Bridge) in Assam
- Uttar Pradesh Government to constitute board to discuss issues related to GST
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
- The 5th Rajasthan International Film Festival organized by RIFF Film Club is going to be held from January 19th to 23rd, 2019 at Inox, Jaipur.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced to name all the Child Care Institutes being run in the state as ‘Jagannath Ashrams.
|CM||Manohar lal Kathar|
|Governor||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
- Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana launched in Uttarakhand
|CM||Trivendra Singh Rawat|
|Governor||Baby Rani Maurya|
- Madhya Pradesh notified KunoWildlife Sanctuary as national park
|Madhya Pradesh Capital||Bhopal|
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched the Bharat RatnaAtalBihari Vajpayee International School on the occasion of 94th birth anniversary of the late prime minister
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
- The unique Chapparam (Chariot) festivalwas celebrated with traditional rituals and festivities in the famous Madurai Meenakshi temple, in Tamil Nadu.
|Tamil Nadu Capital||Chennai|
Current Affairs: National
- The Centre has earmarked Rs. 300 crore for implementation of the upcoming National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) for financial year 2018-19 and 2019-20.
- The government is considering an additional soft loan of Rs 7,400 crore to sugar mills for creating ethanol capacity under a recently launched scheme.
- The government has mandated the use of smart prepaid electricity meters in the country beginning April next year, as it looks to complete the transition over the next three years.
- Bhutan Prime Minister LotayTshering will be on a three-day visit to India
- All Indian airports set to install body scanners from 2019,The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) is soon going to come out with technical specifications of these scanners.
- The Centre has given an extension of six months to complete the ongoing exercise for updating the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam by June 30.
- The country’s milk production is expected to surpass the 180-million tonne mark in the current financial year
- The Union Cabinet approved Rs 10,000 crore budget for the proposed human spaceflight mission (Gaganyaan), ISRO’s Gaganyaan will help India become the fourth nation to independently send humans to space.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Rs. 4,500 crore financial assistanceto Bhutan, for its 12th five year plan.
- The mechanical branch of Central Railways’ Nagpur division has introduced a new state-of-the-art technology called Automated Train Examination System (ATES) for the enhancement of train safety.
- Prime Minister inaugurated the International Rice Research Institute’s South Asia Regional Centre (ISARC) campus in Varanasi.
- Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin initiative in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Current Affairs: International
- The UAE will deposit $3 billion (Dh11 billion) in the State Bank of Pakistan to support the country’s financial and monetary policy.
- Burundi declared the small central city of Gitega the country’s new political capital
|Burundi Capital||Gitega and Bujumbura|
- China launched its first satellite as part of the Hongyun Project, a low-orbit broadband communication satellite system.
- Government extends ban on import of milk products from China for 4 months
- The first meeting of the Follow-up Committee between India, Afghanistan and Iran held at the port city of Chabahar in Iran,
- Nepal imposed a monthly limit on the amount of Indian currency its citizen can spend in India, Nepali citizen would be unable to spend more than Rs.1 lakh per month.
|PM||Khadga Prasad Oli|
- Russia has successfully conducted its final test of a hypersonic glider capable of carrying nuclear warheads
- A Chinese space probe Chang’e-4 is moving into position to land on the dark side of the moon for the first time
- Bangladesh Prime MinisterSheikh Hasina wins third straight term
|Prime Minister||Sheikh Hasina|
Current Affairs: Banking and Finance
- RBI has been decided in consultation with the Government of India to have a rule-based dynamic limit for outstanding stock of ECB at 6.5 per cent of GDP at current market prices,
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) launched ‘Survey on Retail Payment Habits of Individuals (SRPHi) to capture payment habits of individuals in six cities, including four metropolitan towns.
- According to the RBI Annual Report Trends and Progress of Banking in 2017-18, Banks have recovered Rs. 40,400 crore worth of bad loans through IBC, SARFAESI Act, debt recovery tribunals (DRTs) and LokAdalats in the fiscal ended 31 March 2018.
|Reserve Bank of India Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the government will infuse Rs 83,000 crore in public sector banks in the next few months of the current fiscal
- Bandhan Bank is in talks with HDFC Ltd to buy its subsidiary GruhFinances,The deal will take Bandhan Bank’s market capitalisation from Rs 63,000 crore to Rs 88,000 crore.
- According to the RBI data The country’s foreign exchange reserves declined by $613.9 million to $393.12 billionon account of a fall in foreign currency assets
- Telecom regulator TRAI has imposed penalty of Rs 56 lakh on telecom operators in the first half of this year for failing to meet call drop benchmark
- The Goods & Services Tax (GST) Council cut rates of 33 items from 18 per cent to 12 per cent and 5 per cent
- The Reserve Bank of India has shortlisted six major IT companies, including TCS, Wipro and IBM India, to set up a wide-based digital Public Credit Registry (PCR) for capturing details of all borrowers and wilful defaulters
- National Company Law Tribunalhelps recover Rs. 800 bn in 2018
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a Rs. 100 commemorative coin in the memory of the former premierAtalBihari Vajpayee
- State owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) has launched a special card for KumbhMela 2019
|Punjab National Bank CEO||Sunil Mehta|
- Corporation Bank, Bank of India to resume lending from FY20 on pick-up in liquidity
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon introduce Rs. 20 notes with additional features
- The government is likely to infuse Rs 28,615 crore into seven public sector banks (PSBs) through recapitalisation bonds
- According to the Department of Industrial Policy and PromotionForeign Direct Investment in the non-conventional energy sector totalled $ 3,217.43 million in the April 2015 to June 2018 period.
- Reserve Bank of India cleared a proposal to give existing Rs 1000-crore corpus to Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) for funding micro finance institutions (MFIs).
- ICICI topped in list of banks penalising staff for fraud in 2015-2017
|ICICI bank CEO||Sandeep Bakhshi|
- HDFC group surpassed Tata group in m-cap, becomes most valuable business house
- ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd has received the RBI’s approval for inclusion in the second schedule of the RBI Act,
|ESAF Small Finance Bank MD&CEO||K Paul Thomas|
|Headquarters||Thrissur , Kerala|
Current Affairs: Appointments
- Infosys announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Bharti Airtel Ltd’s global CFO Nilanjan Roy as the chief financial officer (CFO) of the company, effective March 1, 2019
|Infosys CEO||Salil Parekh|
- WV Raman, former India opener, has been appointed as the coach of the Indian women’s team,He will take over the role from Ramesh Powar, who served on an interimbasis
- Harsh VardhanShringla appointed new Indian Ambassador to US,Shringla, a 1984-batch Indian Foreign Service diplomat willsucceed NavtejSarna. At present, Shringla is serving as Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh.
- BVP Rao Elected as president of Archery Association of India, Earlier he served as vice president of the archery association of the northeastern state.
- Tata Coffee Executive Director and Deputy CEO ChackoPurackal Thomas has been promoted as the managing director and chief executive officer.
- SangeetaVerma, a previous Indian Economic Service (IES) officer has joined the Competition Commission of India (CCI) as a member.
- V. Bharathi Appointed as MD&CEO Corporation Bank
|Corporation Bank CEO||Jai Kumar Garg|
|Tagline||A Premier Public Sector Bank, Prosperity for all|
- Dronacharya awardee C A Kuttappa has taken over as India’s chief boxing coach
- Rajesh Subramaniam, an IIT-Bombay graduate from Thiruvananthapuram, has been named as the president and chief executive officer of US multinational courier delivery giant FedEx Express.
- Madagascar ex-leader AndryRajoelina wins presidential Election
- Air Marshal Rajeev Sachdeva takes over as Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff
- Ambika Prasad Panda has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of South Eastern Coalfields Limited (SECL).
|SECL Headquarters||Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh|
- Government has appointed SudhirBhargava as new Chief Information Commissioner
- United States Defence Secretary James Mattis resigned
|US Capital||Washington DC|
Current Affairs: Ranking
- NITI Aayog to release SDG India Index – Baseline Report 2018, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala and Tamil Nadu and the Union Territories of Chandigarh and Pondicherry, are among the front-runners.
- Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh were the top three performing states under the maternity benefit programme PradhanMantriMatruVandanaYojana.
- Indian aviation sector retains highest Safety Audit Standard in 2018
- Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu has climbed 3 spots to Number 3 in the latest world badminton rankings
- NITI Aayog released second Delta Ranking of Aspirational districts
|Sector||Most improved district||Least improved district|
|Education||Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu)||Pakur (Jharkhand)|
|Health and nutrition||Chitrakoot (Uttar Pradesh)||Chatra (Jharkhand)|
|Agriculture and water resources||Sitamarhi (Bihar)||Giridih (Jharkhand)|
- According to Gallup survey former President Barack Obama was named the Most Admired Man in America For the 11th year in a row,
- According to the Public Enterprises Survey 2017-18 Indian Oil Corporation, ONGC and NTPC emerged as the top three most profitable PSUs in 2017-18.
- FIFA rankings have been released;Belgiumwill end the year as No. 1 ahead of world champions France in the global rankings.
|FIFA Headquarters||Zurich, Switzerland|
- Union Minister Suresh Prabhu confers Skoch Golden Jubilee Challenger Award at the 55th Skoch Summit in New Delhi.
Current Affairs: Awards and Honours
- Indian Railways bags 17 awards at the ‘National Energy Conservation awards 2018,Transport category10 awards,Building category3 awards, Institution category4 award,
- Rafi Award conferred to late music composer Laxmikant and singer Usha Timothy
- Sitar player Manju Mehta has been conferred with the ‘TansenSamman’ for 2018 by the Madhya Pradesh government
- Madhya Pradesh’s DivyaPatidar Joshi crowned Mrs. India 2018 title
- Croatia and Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric has been named Balkan athlete of the year.
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh conferred with the ‘Champions of Change’ award by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indian opener Smriti Mandhana was named the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year as well as the ICC Women’s ODI Player of the Year by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
Current Affairs: MOU
- The National Film Archives of India (NFAI) and the Film & Television Institute of India (FTII) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for transfer of three acres of land for the construction of a storage facility for films and film material.
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism K J Alphons handed over a Memorandum of Understanding to Resbird Technologies under the ‘Adopt a Heritage’ project for the development of a mobile audio guide application for five iconic sites.
Current Affairs: Summit and Conference
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 106th Indian Science Congress,The theme of the Summit is FUTURE INDIA – Science and Technology.
- 12th Annual Indian Subcontinent Decision Sciences Institute (ISDSI) conference commenced in SPJIMR, Mumbai, The theme of Conference ‘Data Driven Decision Making at the Digital Age’
- 26th National Children’s Science Congress held in Bhubaneswar, The theme of the NCSC this year — Science, Technology and Innovation for a Clean, Green and Healthy Nation.
- 42nd Indian Social Science Congress Inaugurated At in Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Odisha
Current Affairs: Committee
- BimalJalan to head expert panel on Economic Capital Framework
Current Affairs: Mobile App and Portal
- The civil aviation ministry along with the Airport Authority of India launched an official mobile app named ‘GAS2019
Current Affairs: Defence
- The Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Vikram is on a goodwill visit to the UAE, and will be conducting joint training exercises with the UAE Coast Guard.
- Indian and Chinese troops concluded the seventh round of counter-terrorism military exercises’Hand–in–Hand’
- India successfully test-fired its nuclear capable long range ballistic missile Agni-IV, with a strike rangeof4,000km,
- Indian Navy launched Information Fusion Centre to boost maritime security in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR)
- A naval hospital ship, the INHS Sandhani, has been commissioned at Naval station Karanja in the Raigad district of Maharashtra.
- Coast Guard deploys faster vessels for enhanced security in Sir Creek with Pakistan
Current Affairs: Sports
- Real Madrid Defeated the Al Ain in the Club World Cup final to lift their third consecutivetitle.
- Former Australian captain RickyPonting became the 25th player from his country to be inducted into the ICC hall of fame
- Third edition of women’s national boxing championships begins in Vijayanagara, Karnataka
Current Affairs: Obituaries
|2.||NirupamSen||Veteran CPI(M) leader|
|3.||Jai Narain Prasad Nishad||Former Union minister and Janata Dal (United) leader|
|5.||SulagittiNarasamma||social worker and Padma Shri awardee|
|6.||Hamidi Kashmiri||Urdu poet and former vice-chancellor of the University of Kashmir|
|7.||Amos Oz||Israel’s most famous author|
|9.||Norman Gimbel||Oscar, Grammy-winning lyricist|
IBPSGuide Recommends Affairs Cloud Current affairs PDF