Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 08th to 14th Apr 2021. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2021 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Valour Day (Shaurya Diwas) is observed on 9 April every year, as a tribute to the brave men of the Force. 2021 marks 56th CRPF Valour Day.
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is celebrating its 71st Foundation Day on April 09.
- World Homeopathy Day is celebrated every year on April 10 to spread awareness about homoeopathy and its contribution to the world of medicine.
- 10th April is celebrated as ‘Survey Day‘ throughout India. This day has a special significance in the History of Surveying as it is on this day that Major William Lambton started the GTS (Great Trigonometrical Survey).
- In 2003, the Government of India declared April 11, the anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi’s birth, as National Safe Motherhood Day.
- Every year, April 11is observed as World Parkinson’s Day to raise awareness of Parkinson’s disease, which is a progressive nervous system disorder.
- The United Nations (UN) celebrates the International Day of Human Space Flight on April 12 each year. The day remembers the first human space flight on April 12, 1961.
- Jallianwala Bagh Massacre, Jallianwala also spelled Jallianwalla, also called Massacre of Amritsar, incident on April 13, 1919.
- Ambedkar Remembrance Day is also known as Ambedkar Jayanti or Bhim Jayanti which is observed on 14 April to commemorate the memory of B.R Ambedkar.
- A Government Resolution issued by the General Administration Department (GAD)informed April 14will now be celebrated as Knowledge Day in the memory of Dr.Ambedkar.
- The World Chagas Disease Day is observed on 14 April to raise the public awareness and visibility among people about Chagas Disease (also called American trypanosomiasis) and the resources needed for the prevention, control or elimination of the disease.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL NEWS
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair a meeting of the High-Level Committee to commemorate the 400th Birth Anniversary of Guru Tegh Bahadur through video conferencing.
- Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan and Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda launched ‘Anamaya’– the Tribal Health Collaborative through video conference
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme– ‘National Programme on High Efficiency Solar PV Modules’ for achieving manufacturing capacity of Giga Watt with an outlay of Rs 4,500 crore.
- The first online Pre-Departure Orientation Training, PDOT Programme for migrant workers was launched today to supplement physical training being held in PDOT Centres.
- More than 28 crore 68 lakh loans for an amount of nearly 15 lakh crore rupees have been sanctioned since launch of Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana.
- Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region, Do NER Dr. Jitendra Singh has said that more than Rs. 250 crore had been sanctioned for augmenting healthcare facilities in the North-Eastern States for effective management of COVID-19.
- Minister of State in PMO Dr. Jitendra Singh flagged off India Russia Friendship Car Rally 2021. The event was organized by International Friendship Car Rally Association, IFCRA in New Delhi.
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched an initiative SARTHAQ which will help in the implementation of National Education Policy in the country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said that India and the Netherlands are working together for a supply chain in Indo-pacific region.
- India and the Netherlands have announced the launch of the strategic partnership in the water sector to further intensify ongoing cooperation and better coherence in the area.
- NITI Aayog will launch the first-of-its kind Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) handbook in India.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held a meeting with the Defence Minister of Kazakhstan Lieutenant General Nurlan Yermekbayev in New Delhi.
- Minister of State in PMO Dr. Jitendra Singh called for celebrating the Teeka Utsav by facilitating vaccination among those who are entitled to receive the jab.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appealed to everyone to follow a fourfold principle as the nation kick-starts four day special vaccination drive, Teeka Utsav.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu released a commemorative postage stamp in the memory of former Chief of Brahma Kumaris Rajyogini Dadi Janki in New Delhi.
- Minister for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Dr Jitendra Singh launched 75 series Pension awareness to mark 75 years of India’s independence.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated First bi-annual Indian Air Force, IAF Commanders’ Conference 2021 at Air Headquarters Vayu Bhawan in New Delhi.
- NITI Aayog, in partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Centre for Social and Behaviour Change, Ashoka University launched Poshan Gyan, a national digital repository on health and nutrition.
- EdCIL (India) Limited, a Mini Ratna Category-I Central Public Sector Enterprises under Ministry of Education, paid a highest ever dividend of 12.5 Crore rupees for the year 2019-20.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Interacted with Chief Executive Officer of Intel, Pat Gelsinger through video conferencing.
- The Siachen Warriors celebrated the 37th Siachen Day with tremendous zeal and enthusiasm.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Seychelles President Wavel Ramkalawan will jointly inaugurate a range of Indian projects in Seychelles
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a Virtual Summit with his Netherlands counterpart Mark Rutte.
- ICCR Foundation Day was celebrated at Indian Embassy in Seoul Ambassador Sripriya Ranganathan, highlighted the role of ICCR in promotion of Cultural Diplomacy and India’s Soft Power.
- A Sanskrit learning app will be launched in Bangladesh by the Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre (IGCC) of the High Commission of India.
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) celebrated its 71st Foundation Day. The ICCR has unveiled ‘Little Guru’ app, world’s first Gamified Sanskrit learning App which was jointly launched in Beijing by Ambassador Vikram Misri and renowned Chinese scholar on Sanskrit and India studies, Professor Wang Bangwei.
- Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan have launched the construction of an international center for trade and economic cooperation named ‘Central Asia’ on the borders of the two countries, the Uzbek Government.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Dialogue through a video message. President of Rwanda Paul Kagame and Prime Minister of Denmark Mette Frederiksen will also join the inaugural session as Chief Guests.
- French Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs Jean-Yves Le Drian arrived in New Delhi on a three day visit to India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE NEWS
- Union ministry of skill development and entrepreneurship or MSDE will organize the first regional workshop to understand provisions of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 or PMKVY 3.0 and to effectively implement the scheme in the NorthEast Region (NER) at Gangtok, Sikkim.
- In Leh, Ladakh Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur has launched a National Training programme on Packaging.
- Various regions of the country are celebrating traditional New Year in the form of Ugadi, Gudi Padava, Chaitra Sukladi, Cheti Chand, Vishu, Puthandu and Bohag Bihu.
- Second Shahi Snan takes place at Kumbh Mela in Haridwar on the auspicious occasion of Somavati Amavasya.
- Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal has approved the purchase of 200 acres of land for the AIIMS to be set up in Rewari, as well as the purchase of land for other seven projects.
- Tamizh Puththaandu, the first day of the Chithirai month marks the beginning of the Tamil Calendar.
- Keralites across the globe are celebrating, “Vishu the festival of harvest and prosperity.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS NEWS
- The International Monetary Fund has projected a 5 percent growth rate for Bangladesh for the year 2021.
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana has completed six years. It is a scheme under which loans of upto 10 Lakh rupees are provided to the non-corporate, non-farm, small and micro enterprises.
- Flipkart informed it has entered into a commercial partnership with the Adani Group to strengthen logistics and data centre capabilities of the Walmart-owned company and create about 2,500 direct jobs.
- Microsoft is reportedly acquiring speech-recognition company Nuance Communications for nearly USD 16 billion and the deal could be announced (US time), the media reported.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and President World Bank Group David Malpass met through virtual mode.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING NEWS
- The Reserve Bank of India has decided to publish the Financial Inclusion Index. To begin with, The FI index will be published annually in July for the previous financial year.
- Jeep India has tied up with Axis Bank to launch Jeep Financial Services, which will curate financial solutions for Jeep customers and Jeep brand dealers.
- Sri Lanka inked an agreement with the state-run China Development Bank for a loan of USD 500million, less than a month after it signed a currency swap deal worth USD 1.5 billion with Beijing, to ensure fiscal stability in the country amidst the challenges posed by the pandemic.
- Leading German lender Deutsche Bank AG will lend €68.87 million (nearly ₹600 crore) to the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC), a development finance statutory institution under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, for financing farmer cooperative initiatives in the country.
- Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL), announced that it has become the top enabler of digital payments in the country by registering over 970 million digital transactions in March.
- National Housing Bank(NHB) has rolled out a 10,000–crore ‘Special Refinance Facility–2021‘ (SRF–2021) to provide short term refinance support to housing finance companies (HFCs) and other eligible Primary Lending Institutions (PLIs).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATION NEWS
- Tanla Platforms Limited, a Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CpaaS) player, has roped in Aravind Viswanathan, who was with Wipro as its Senior Vice-President and CFO – iDEAS Global Business Line, as its Chief Financial Officer.
- The government has appointed S Ramann as Chairman and Managing Director of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
- Chinese smartphone major Vivo mentioned it has appointed cricketer Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador.
- Tamil Nadu Governor and Chancellor Banwarilal Purohit appointed KN Selva kumar as the new Vice-Chancellor (V-C) of the Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS).
- The S. educated female law professor Vjosa Osmani has been elected as the new President of Kosovo.
- Mahindra & Mahindra is expecting interest from other investors for Ssang Yong Motor Co (SYMC) even as SYMC’s CEO, Byung Tae Yea, quit after failing to find a strategic investor for the ailing company.
- IT services major Wipro Limited announced it has appointed former Walmart executive Subha Tatavarti as its chief technology officer.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has appointed retired Telangana bureaucrat BP Acharya, as the advisor of the National Animal Resource Facility for Bio Medical Research (NARFBR) that is coming up over an area of 100 acres at the Genome valley near Shamir pet.
- Niger President Mohamed Bazoum has appointed Ouhoumoudou Mahamadou as the new Prime Minister of the country effective from April 03, 2021.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Sushil Chandra, the senior-most Election Commissioner, as the Chief Election Commissioner of India.
- Siemens Health care India has elevated Vivek Kanade as Managing Director Operations effective April 1.
- Private life insurer Pramerica Life Insurance announced the appointment of Kalpana Sampat its managing director and CEO, effective April 9.
- Media and entertainment conglomerate Walt Disney has named K. Madhavan as president, the Walt Disney Company India and Star India, with immediate effect.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- On April 05, 2021, Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union health minister virtually launched the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP).
- On April 06, 2021, The Supreme Court unveiled its Artificial Intelligence (AI) portal SUPACE, designed to make research easier for judges, thereby easing their workload.
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched the “MyNEP2020” Platform of the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
- Defence Research and Development Organisation, DRDO will set up a Covid-19 hospital with 500 beds equipped with ICU facilities in Delhi Cantonment.
- China has opened a 5G signal base at the Ganbala radar station in the remote Himalayan region of Tibet .It is the world’s highest manually operated radar station at an elevation of 5,374 meters.
- On April 13, 2021, Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal virtually inaugurated e-SANTA. It is an electronic marketplace providing a platform to connect aqua farmers and buyers.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS & AUTHORS
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will release the Hindi translation of the book ‘OdishaItihaas’.
- On March 29, 2021, The updated version of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s book named ‘Exam Warriors’ was launched.
- A new book Akhtari: The Life and Music of Begum Akhtar to remember about the life and singing experience of indian singer Begum Akhtar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
- Ramanathapuram Forest Range Officer S Sathish was honoured with the International Ranger Award.
- Experienced India seamer Bhuvneshwar Kumar was among the cricketers nominated for the ICC ‘Player of the Month’ award for March following his standout performances in the limited overs matches against England.
- Filmmaker Chloe Zhao won the top prize at the Directors Guild of America (DGA) Awards for her feature film “Nomadland”, further bolstering the movie’s frontrunner status for the upcoming Oscars.
- Elaborate arrangements have been made for honouring gram and ward volunteers with Seva Mitra, Seva Ratna and SevaVajra Awards on the eve of Ugadi.
- Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ presented the AICTE Lilavati Awards 2020 on women empowerment to the winners in New Delhi.
- Bengaluru-based Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has bagged the first place for Innovative Training Practices2019-20 at the 30th National Award ceremony held recently at New Delhi by Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD).
- The unconventional 74th edition of the British Academy Film Awards (BAFTAs) held its first of two ceremonies on April 10, with the second one scheduled for the subsequent day.
- India’s Bhuvneshwar Kumar won the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for March for his impressive performances in India’s recently concluded series against England.
- New Zealand men’s captain Kane Williamson was awarded the Sir Richard Hadlee Medal for the fourth time in six years, while Amelia Kerr and Devon Conway claimed double honours at the New Zealand Cricket Awards for the 2020-21
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
- On April 05,2021, The country’s most valued online education firm, Byju’s, acquired Blackstone Group-backed Aakash Educational Services (AESL) for an estimated $1 billion cash and stock deal.
- On April 06, 2021, The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the proposed combination relating to acquisition of Principal Asset Management Private Limited, Principal Trustee Company Private Limited and Principal Retirement Advisors Private Limited by Sundaram Asset Management Company Limited.
- On April 06, 2021, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (HDFC) acquired 9 per cent stake in Kerala Infrastructure Fund Management Ltd.
- On April 06, 2021, Axis Bank Ltd informed it has become co-promoters of Max Life Insurance Company Limited, after completion of the acquisition of 12.99% stake collectively by the Axis Entities in the company.
- On April 12, 2021, The Competition Commission of India approved Adar Poonawalla-led Rising Sun Holdings Pvt Ltd.’s acquisition of a 60% stake in Magma Fincorp.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPS & SERVICES
- On April 07, 2021, The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar launched Madhukranti portal and Honey Corners of National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation, NAFED in New Delhi.
- On April 09, 2021, Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched Nano Sniffer, the world’s first Microsensor-based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD).
- On April 08, 2021, The Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal chaired a high-level meeting on the implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: PERSONS IN NEWS
- Actor-producer Priyanka Chopra Jonas has been announced as one of the presenters for the 74th British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
- On April 08, 2021, India formally handed over Rs 100 crore patrol vessel “PS Zoroaster” to Seychelles. The virtual summit was held between Indian PM Narendra Modi and Seychelles President Wavel Ramkalawan.
- On April 09, 2021, Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 103rd Meeting of the Development Committee through video conferencing.
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman participated virtually in the Second G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting.
- On April 15, 2021, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated First bi-annual Indian Air Force, IAF Commanders’ Conference 2021. It was held at Air Headquarters Vayu Bhawan in New Delhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
- Scientists from the Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) Speckled a New Avian Species three-banded rosefinch.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU’s AND AGREEMENTS
- Vedanta, India’s largest producer of aluminium and its value-added products, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for value-creation from bauxite residue (red mud), which is a by-product generated during processing of bauxite into alumina using the Bayer process.
- The company One Web has signed an MoU with the Kazakhstan government and local partners.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS NEWS
- On April 07, 2021, The Great Khali was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2021.
- In a historic first for the country, Four Indian sailors qualified for the upcoming Tokyo Olympics. The pair of Ganapathy Chengappa, Varun Thakkar, and Vishnu Saravanan made the cut during an ongoing Asian Qualifiers in Oman on April 8, 2021.
- On April 07, 2021, FIFA suspended the Pakistan Football Federation (PFF) and Chadian Football Association (FTFA) after concerns over the governance of the two member associations.
- On April 10, 2021, Union Minister for Sports & Youth Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurated Khelo India State Centre of Excellence for Rowing discipline at the Jammu & Kashmir Sports Council Water Sports Academy in Srinagar.
- Indian Army’s Lieutenant Colonel Bharat Pannu has earned two Guinness World Records for his fastest solo cycling.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
- The president of Gita Press, Radheshyam Khemka, passed away. He was 87. Radheshyam Khemka, was editor of Kalyan, a famous magazine of Sanatan Dharma for nearly 40 years
- India’s first female Cricket commentator Chandra Nayudu has passed away.
- On April 06, 2021, Veteran Renowned Journalist-author Fatima R Zakaria passed away.
- On April 09, 2021, Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom Passed away.
- Legendary shooting coach Sanjay Chakravarty passed away.
- Veteran Punjabi Mahabharat actor Satish Kaul Passed away.
- On April 12, 2021, IA Rehman, an iconic Pakistani human rights defender and journalist, has Passed away.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 22nd March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 15th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 28th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 20th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 13th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 22nd January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 13th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|