Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 22nd to 30th Apr 2021. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2021 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- Earth Day is an annual event on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. The theme this year is “Restore Our Earth”
- World Book Day is celebrated every year on April 23. UNESCO undertakes the responsibility of the event. The first ever World Book Day was celebrated on April 23, 1995.
- The UN English Language Day and UN Spanish Language Day is observed annually on 23 April.
- The World Veterinary Association (WVA) started celebrating the day in the year 2000.
- National Panchayati Raj Day is the national day of Panchayati Raj System in India celebrated by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj on 24 April annually.
- The International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace is marked on 24 April since 2019.
- World Day for Animals in Laboratories is observed every year on 24 April.
- National DNA Day is a United States holiday celebrated on April 25. It commemorates the day in 1953 when James Watson, Francis Crick, Maurice Wilkins, Rosalind Franklin and colleagues published papers in the journal Nature on the structure of DNA.
- World Malaria Day is an international observance commemorated every year on 25 April and recognizes global efforts to control malaria.
- The International Delegate’s Day is observed on April 25, to raise awareness of the role of representatives and delegates of the Member States to the United Nations.
- World Intellectual Property Day is observed annually on 26 April. The event was established by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in 2000.
- The annual World Day for Safety and Health at Work on 28 April promotes the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally. The theme for 2021 is “Anticipate, prepare and respond to crises – Invest Now in Resilient Occupational Safety and Health Systems”.
- Workers’ Memorial Day, also known as International Workers’ Memorial Day or International Commemoration Day for Dead and Injured takes place annually around the world on April 28.
- International Dance Day is a global celebration of dance, created by the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute, the main partner for the performing arts of UNESCO.
- Honesty Day is celebrated on April 30 in the United States to encourage honesty and straightforward communication in politics, relationships, consumer relations and historical education.
- International Jazz Day is an International Day declared by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization in 2011 “to highlight jazz and its diplomatic role of uniting people in all corners of the globe.”
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL NEWS
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address Leaders’ Summit on Climate. The two-day summit will be held virtually and Mr Modi will make his remarks in the session which has the theme – Our Collective Sprint to 2030.
- Serum Institute of India has announced the price for its COVISHIELD vaccine for State governments and Private Hospitals in the country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a US-India partnership on clean energy and climate change.
- The Center has directed States and Union Territories to ensure that there should be no restriction imposed on the movement of Medical Oxygen between the States and transport authorities shall be instructed to allow free inter-state movement of oxygen-carrying vehicles.
- The first Oxygen Express with Liquid Medical Oxygen tankers will start its journey for Mumbai from Visakhapatnam tonight.
- The US has joined the India-Sweden climate initiative, the Leadership Group for Industry Transition, LeadIT.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the distribution of e-property cards under the SVAMITVA scheme.
- Indian Navy ships under Headquarters, Southern Naval Command at Kochi are progressing with the mission of OXYGEN EXPRESS in order to render support to the local administration of the Union Territory of Lakshadweep (UTL).
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar has expressed grief over the demise of an Indian nuclear scientist Krishnamurthy Santhanam.
- The Ministry of Ayush released revised guidelines for Ayurveda and Unani Practitioners for COVID-19 Patients in Home Isolation and Ayurveda and Unani Preventive Measures for self-care during COVID-19 Pandemic.
- China’s state-run Sichuan Airlines retracted its announcement to suspend the cargo flights to India taking crucial supplies like oxygen concentrators to India after it created controversy.
- US President Joe Biden assured to provide assistance to India to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Ministry of Steel has said that over 3,130 Metric Tonnes of Liquid Medical oxygen was supplied by steel Plants to various states.
- To provide better educational opportunities for Ladakhi students, the Indian Army has initiated the project Ladakh Ignited Minds.
- Railways has made nearly four thousand Covid Care coaches with almost 64 thousand beds ready for use by States.
- Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated blood donation camps at 13 different locations in Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
- National Fertilizers Limited has ordered the setting up of four Oxygen plants. These plants will be set up in government hospitals in Noida, Lucknow, Gorakhpur and Bhopal.
- Serum Institute of India has dropped the price of COVISHIELD vaccine by Rs 100for the state government.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has sanctioned the procurement of one lakh Portable Oxygen Concentrators from the PM Cares Fund.
- The Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga under Ayush Ministry is offering online Yoga training programmes. These online Yoga training programmes are health-promoter and anxiety-relieving.
- The President has appointed Justice Vimla Singh Kapoor, Additional Judge of the Chhattisgarh High Court, to be a Judge of the Chhattisgarh High Court.
- Defence Research & Development Organisation, DRDO will set up 500 Medical Oxygen Plants within 3 months under the PM CARES Fund.
- The Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the signing and ratification of an Agreement between India and the United Kingdom on Customs Cooperation and Mutual Administrative Assistance in Customs Matters.
- Bharat Biotech reduced the cost of COVAXIN vaccine for State governments. It will now cost 400 rupees per dose for State Governments instead of the earlier announced price of 600 rupees per dose.
- The National Commission for Women has launched a WhatsApp helpline number for providing emergency medical assistance to pregnant women.
- Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad represented India at the G-7 Digital and Technology Ministerial Meeting.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Nine Bangladeshis feature in the Forbes 30 under 30 lists of innovators in 10 industries for Asia.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping will take part in the virtual climate summit convened by US President Joe Biden in which several world leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- The Head of the Military government of Myanmar Senior General Min Aung Hlaing will embark on his first foreign visit after the coup to Indonesia to participate in the ASEAN leaders meeting.
- The EuropeanCommission announced tough draft rules on the use of artificial intelligence, including a ban on most surveillance, in an attempt to set global standards for a key technology dominated by China and the United States.
- British authorities are exploring the possibility of creating a new digital currency that Treasury chief Rishi Sunak indicated could be known as Britcoin“.
- A UN-led global immunization strategy was unveiled to reach more than 50 million children who have missed lifesaving jabs against measles and other diseases because of COVID-19 disruption.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Yoshihide Suga discussed cooperation in key areas, including creating resilient supply chains and ensuring reliable supply of critical materials, to overcome challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has cut down the projected GDP growth rate of Bangladesh by at least 1 per cent from its earlier figure of 6.8 per cent for the FY 2020-21.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar had a conversation with Foreign Minister of Portugal Augusto Santos Silva through video conferencing.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS NEWS
- India has witnessed an impressive increase of almost 18.5 per cent in export of Agricultural and allied products during April 2020 to February 2021 as compared to the same period, the previous year.
- Hero MotoCorp has formed a partnership with Taiwan’s Gogoro Inc to develop electric vehicles for the Indian market.
- ReNew Power informed it has commissioned a 105 megawatt (MW) solar generation facility in Gujarat.
- Ola Electric said it will bring its electric scooter to the Indian market in July this year, and is working on setting up a ‘Hypercharger Network’ to include one lakh charging points across 400 cities.
- India Ratings and Research revised down India’s FY22 real GDP growth forecast to 1 per cent, from earlier projection of 10.4 per cent, citing the second wave of COVID-19 infections and slower pace of vaccination.
- Bharat Biotech has announced the cost of COVAXIN for State governments and Private Hospitals. It will cost 600 rupees per dose for State Governments and 1200 rupees per dose for Private Hospitals.
- Government has extended certain timelines in order to give respite to taxpayers in difficult COVID times. It has extended the deadline for making payment under tax dispute resolution scheme Vivad Se Vishwas by two months till 30th of June.
- The Indian market’s largest smartphone-seller Xiaomi introduced its flagship smartphone, the Mi 11 Ultra (5G), for the local market with a Rs 69,999 price tag.
- Agriculture Infrastructure Fund has crossed the eight thousand crore mark. The investment will give a boost to several agricultural projects which will unlock value for farmers across the country.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has projected India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth to rebound strongly to 11 per cent in current fiscal on the back of continued economic recovery boosted by increased public investment, vaccine rollout and surge in domestic demand.
- Government has left the GPF and other non-government PF interest rates unchanged at 1 percent.
- IT services companies including Tata Consultancy Services, Accenture, Cognizant, Infosys, Wipro are some of the top workplaces in India in 2021, as per a survey by professional networking platform, LinkedIn.
- Government has said that the procurement of Wheat in Rabi Marketing Season 2021-22 is going on smoothly in States and Union Territories.
- Insurance regulator IRDAI has directed insurers to approve Covid-related cashless claims within 60 minutes of receiving appropriate documents from the claimant.
- The country’s top two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp said it has launched a virtual showroom feature to help customers buy its motorcycles and scooters through a seamless digital experience amid rising in COVID-19 cases in the country.
- Vedanta said its Chairman Anil Agarwal has pledged Rs 150 crore to help India in its fight against deadly COVID-19 second wave.
- India’s second largest private sector lender, ICICI Bank, announced the launch of a comprehensive digital banking service that aims to empower over two crore offline and online retailers in the country.
- A special resolution to appoint Samit Ghosh as chief executive officer of Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd. was defeated as it didn’t get the requisite share of votes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE NEWS
- Uttar Pradesh government has said that it will invoke National Security Act and Gangster Act on those persons who are involved in black marketing and holding of necessary medicines, oxygen and injections required for covid treatment.
- In Jharkhand, the “Health Safety Week” begins from April 22 to break the chain of COVID-19 infection.
- Sardar Patel Covid Care Centre and Hospital at Chhatarpur in South Delhi will start functioning. Standard Operating Procedure for admission of patients will be strictly followed and all laid down protocols will be adhered to.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, five Gram Panchayats have bagged prestigious National Panchayat Awards-2021.
- Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has announced ex-gratia compensation of 50 lakh rupees, along with a government job each to the family of Sepoy Prabhjit Singh and Sepoy Amardeep Singh of 21 PUNJAB, who laid down their lives in the line of duty.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has encouraged the state health and Ayush department for maximum use of Ayurvedic and Homeopathic medicines to win the war against Covid19.
- Tamilnadu Government after considering the urgent need for increased oxygen production has decided to reopen Vedanta’s oxygen manufacturing plant at Tuticorin.
- The Odisha government has announced free vaccination for people above 18 years of age. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said that the State Government will incur an expenditure of two thousand crore rupees to meet the goal.
- Gujarat government will provide free vaccinations for all above 18 years of age from 1st of May. This decision was taken during the high level core committee meeting chaired by Chief Minister Vijay Rupnai at Gandhinagar.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that large oxygen plants are to be set up in all divisional headquarters of the state.
- Meghalaya has planned to achieve the target of Har Ghar Jal by December next year under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated a mobile Covid RT-PCR test laboratory in Nagpur.
- Maharashtra government has asked everyone to celebration Maharashtra Day in a simple manner on May 1.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING NEWS
- The government of Bangladesh signed an agreement for USD 250 million financing from the World Bank to help create more and better jobs, recover faster from the COVID-19 pandemic and build resilience to future crises.
- Reserve Bank of India has imposed restrictions on American Express Banking Corp and Diners Club International Limited from adding new customers to their card networks from 1st of next month.
- Home-grown digital financial services platform Paytm has launched a new video-based wealth community called the Paytm Wealth Community.
- Optimistic about the outlook for the life insurance industry, NS Kannan, Managing Director and CEO, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, said as of now Covid-related claims for the sector are under control.
- Blackstone said that the private equity funds managed by it have entered into definitive agreements to acquire a majority stake in Mphasis Ltd.
- “Talks with DBS Bank is at an advanced stage and they are keen to take up the entire consumer banking operation,” said a person familiar with the development.
- Neobank Fi partnership with Federal Bank to open instant savings account
- RBI article for monitoring movement of funds between banks and ARCs
- Punjab and Haryana, farmers, for the first time, have started receiving minimum support price (MSP) payment directly in their bank accounts under the Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme (DBT).
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has capped the tenure of bank MD and CEOs with immediate effect.
- Uttar Pradesh-based Shivalik Small Finance Bank has commenced operations as a small finance bank with effect from April 26, according to the Reserve Bank of India.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued guidelines for appointment ofStatutory Central Auditors (SCAs)/Statutory Auditors (SAs) in commercial banks, urban co-operative banks and non-banking finance companies from FY22 onwards, whereby they will have to appoint SCAs/SAs for a continuous period of three years.
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) has reported an impressive performance on many parameters in FY21that include strong growth in net profit, good asset quality and higher business.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) said it has provided $ 1.5 billion to India to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Indian Bank signed an MoU with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited to provide seamless telecom services to the bank at a competitive rate.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATION
- HDFC securities announced the appointment of Rajeev Srivastava as Head of Products and Business Development.
- Private sector lender HDFC Bank said the Reserve Bank has approved appointment of former Economic Affairs Secretary Atanu Chakraborty as the part-time chairman of the bank.
- Accenture India’s head, Rekha M Menon is the first woman Chairperson of the IT industry body, Nasscom.
- Former Nasscom chairman BVR Mohan Reddy said it was very “sad” to see a “good CEO” like Vishal Sikka stepping down as the CEO of Infosys, and added that promoters have no say after leaving a company.
- Credit Information Company Experian India appointed Neeraj Dhawan as its new managing director.
- IOB said the consultant has been appointed as part of its growth strategy and to transform its banking services into a digitized form.
- Amid shortage of medical oxygen in several hospitals across the city, the DDMA appointed two senior bureaucrats as nodal officers to ensure smooth movement of tankers and facilitate oxygen supply to city hospitals.
- Justice NV Ramana took oath as the 48th Chief Justice of India. President Ram Nath Kovind administered him the oath at Rashtrapati Bhavan in Delhi in a small ceremony due to Covid restrictions.
- India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) GC Murmu has been chosen as the external auditor of the Hague-based Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).
- Roland Bouchara has been elevated to the role of CEO & MD of automaker Stellantis India operations with full responsibility for the Jeep and Citroen national sales companies (NSCs), along with the group’s manufacturing activities.
- Auto parts maker Suprajit Engineering has appointed James Gerard Ryan as President – Controls & Cables Global Operations (except India). The company, in a regulatory filing to exchanges, said Jim Ryan is a US national and a seasoned professional with rich experience in the controls and cables
- Haryana Government has appointed the Managing Director of Haryana State Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation Anurag Agrawal and Director, MSME, Dr. Vikas Gupta for mapping of liquid oxygen manufacturing plants and monitoring their production and diversion to medical use.
- Tata Motors has appointed Martin Uhlarik as the new Global Design Head of the Indian car manufacturer.
- Biocon Ltd announced that its executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw has been appointed to the Board of Trustees of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK), a world leader in cancer treatment and research, based in New York, the US.
- IAS Officer T V Somanathan who is serving as Secretary, Department of Expenditure in the Finance Ministry has been designated as the Finance Secretary.
- The direction of women empowerment, the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) appointed its first women officer to command a Road Construction Company (RCC).
- To monitor preventive measures taken against the spread of Covid-19, the State government has appointed Dr Darez Ahamed, Executive Director of Guidance Bureau.
- Vikram Solar said it has appointed Milind Kulkarni as its Chief Technical officer (CTO).
- Rahul Bajaj, one of the most successful business leaders in the country, has finally decided to hang his boots at Bajaj Auto, the company he nurtured and steered to one of the leading firms in two and three-wheeler space.
- Airtel Africa named Olusegun (Segun) Ogunsanya, MD and CEO of Nigeria as the successor of Raghunath Mandava, as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer for Africa business,, following Mandava’s announcement to retire.
- Private sector lender Axis Bank said its board has approved the re-appointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as its Managing Director and CEO for three years with effect from January 1, 2022.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
- WHI, an organization having special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council, UN, has chosen Geevarghese Mar Coorilos Metropolitan, Diocese of Mumbai, for its maiden Golden Lantern Award.
- The State Panchayat Raj department has bagged 17 awards announced by the Union Panchayat Raj Ministry.
- Chloe Zhao’s meditative drama “Nomadland” continued its winning streak this award season by bagging best picture, best director and other awards at the 36th annual Film Independent Spirit Awards.
- Actor-filmmaker Emerald Fennell, “Another Round” and Daniel Kaluuya were the early winners at the 93rd Academy Awards.
- The election-fraud film “Absolute Proof”, singer Sia’s heavily panned directorial debut “Music” and Rudy Giuliani, former New York City mayor, were the top winners at the 2021 Razzie Awards, given to the worst movies and performances of the year.
- Theatre and film director Pramod Payyannur has been selected for the Thilakan Smarakavedi’s “Thilakan Award”, named after the late actor, for overall contribution.
- co, Coimbatore-based software as a service (SaaS) start-up, was named “Bootstrapped SaaS startup of the Year” by SaaSBoomi, at the inaugural edition of SaaSBoomi awards.
- Biocon Biologics‘ New Monoclonal Antibodies Manufacturing Facility Wins ISPE’s 2021 Facility of the Year Honorable Mention Award.
- Environmental filmmaker Craig Foster and his team scarcely imagined that their documentary, My Octopus Teacher, would travel around the world, let alone win the highest honours at BAFTA and the Oscars.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- On April 10, 2021, The 40th Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica (40-ISEA) hosted by the Ministry of Earth Sciences successfully returned to Cape Town, after completing a journey of around 12 thousand nautical miles in 94 days.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will support eight joint research projects mooted by the space technology cell (STC) of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi.
- On April 20, 2021, Russian space agency Roscosmos announced that it will launch its own space station in 2025.
- On April 23, 2021, NASA and Elon Musk’s commercial rocket company SpaceX launched a new four-astronaut team on a flight to the International Space Station the first crew ever propelled into orbit by a rocket booster recycled from a previous spaceflight.
- On April 24, 2021, China’s first Mars rover will be named Zhurong after a traditional fire god. The rover is aboard the Tianwen-1 probe that arrived in Mars orbit on February 24 and is due to land in May to look for evidence of life.
- On April 25, 2021, CSIR-CMERI, Durgapur, in association with MSME-DI, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, Government of India jointly organised a Webinar on ‘Oxygen Enrichment’ Technology.
- One Web, a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite communications operator, launched another batch of 36 satellites by Arianespace from the Vostochny cosmodrome in Russia. It is co-owned by Bharti Global and the UK government.
- On April 27, 2021, China launched NEO-01 into low earth orbit. The NEO-01, which looks into deep space and observes small celestial bodies, was launched by the government’s Long March 6 rocket with a small number of satellites.
- Microsoft and the United Kingdom’s Meteorological Office have decided to team up to build the most powerful supercomputer in the world to forecast weather and climate change.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU’s AND AGREEMENTS
- Public sector lender Indian Bank has entered into a pact with Chennai-based angel investment group ‘The Chennai Angels For financing start-ups under the bank’s loan product Ind Spring Board.
- Switch Mobility Ltd, an electric vehicle arm of Ashok Leyland Ltd, and TVS Supply Chain Solutions (TVS SCS) has entered into an agreement for establishing a sustainable logistics network.
- The Assam Government has signed two MOUs in Guwahati with Bhutan and Nagaland for procurement of oxygen.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
- On April 22, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in the Leaders’ Summit on Climate hosted by US President Joe Biden.
- On April 28, 2021, National Telecommunications Institute for Policy Research, Innovation and Training (NTIPRIT), the apex training institute of Department of Telecommunications, Government of India conducted a webinar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING & INDEX
- On April 21, 2021, India was placed at the 87th (Score 53) position among 115 countries in the 2021 Energy Transition Index (ETI),
- On April 26, 2021, India was retained as the third biggest military spender in the world in 2020 according to new data titled ‘SIPRI Military Expenditure Database. It is published by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
- Among 104 nations India has been placed at 49th position in the Chandler Good Government Index (CGGI) 2021. Finland has topped the CGGI 2021 list.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS & AUTHORS
- On the occasion of Earth Day on April 22, 2021, Aakash Ranison, a well-known Climate Change Activist and Sustainability Influencer launches an eBook “Climate Change Explained – for one and all.
- The Living Mountain is a new story by Jnanpith winner and internationally renowned author Amitav Ghosh. It will be Published by HarperCollins Publishers India.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jhumpa Lahiri is coming up with a new book Titled Whereabouts. It will be published under the Hamish Hamilton imprint of Penguin Random House.
- Renowned Amitav Ghosh authored A new book titled “The Living Mountain” is set to hit stands in January 2022. The book will be published by HarperCollins Publishers India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE NEWS
- From April, 25 to 27 2021, The 19th edition of the Indian and French Navy bilateral exercise ‘Varuna-2021’ has started in the Arabian Sea.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed single crystal blades that are used in helicopter engines. It has supplied 60 of them to the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for the company”s indigenous helicopter development program.
- On April 27, 2021, the DRDO successfully fired the 5th generation Python-5 Air-to-Air Missile (AAM) from Tejas aircraft, at Goa.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
- Professor Halil Ibrahimi has discovered a new insect species named Potamophylax coronavirus found in Kosovo’s western Bjeshket e Nemuna (Accursed Mountains) national park.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: PERSONS IN NEWS
- In the midst of a dangerous second wave, a city-based social worker Atif Alam has opened a medical oxygen bank to lend oxygen cylinders to needy patients free of cost.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS NEWS
- A Water Sports and Adventure Institute (WSAI) has been established by the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) at Tehri Dam in Uttarakhand.
- Global sportswear brand Puma has roped in Indian cricketers Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal as the brand ambassador.
- Tamil Nadu teenager Arjun Kalyan became India’s 68th Chess Grandmaster.
- From April 13 to 23, 2021, The 2021 AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships was held in Kielce, Poland. It is a 10-day biennial event
- The ITTF World Table Tennis Championships, the Harris County Houston Sports Authority has announced that it will host the event November 23–29, 2021, at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
- On April 25, 2021, Rafael Nadal defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-4, 6-7(6), 7-5. He collected a record-extending 12th Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell trophy.
- On April 25, 2021, Indian Archery newly-wedded couple Atanu Das and Deepika Kumari won individual gold medals at the ongoing Archery World Cup Stage 1 in Guatemala.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
- On April 21, 2021, Eminent Bengali poet Shankha Ghosh passed away.
- On April 20, 2021, Veteran actor Kishore Nandlaskar, who was a popular face in both Marathi and Hindi films, passed away.
- On April 20, 2021, The President of the Republic of Chad, Idriss Deby Itno, passed away.
- On April 21, 2021, Renowned qawwali singer Farid Sabri of the Sabri Brothers duo passed away in Jaipur.
- Popular Gujarati and Hindi film actor Amit Mistry, Passes away.
- Shravan Rathod of the iconic composer duo Nadeem-Shravan Passed away.
- On April 20, 2021, Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor M Narasimham passed away.
- On April 25, 2021, Supreme Court judge Justice Mohan M. Shantanagoudar Passed away.
- On April 25, 2021, Former Sashastra Seema Bal chief Arun Chaudhary Passed away.
- Renowned classical music singer Pandit Rajan Mishra passed away.
- On April 26, 2021, Former managing director of Maruti Suzuki India, Jagdish Khattar, passed away.
- Indian nuclear scientist Krishnamurti Santhanam Passed away.
- The famous and noted Gujarati poet and folk singer Dadudan Pratapdan Gadhvi Passed Away.
- On April 27, 2021, Manoj Das, an eminent Indian author who wrote in Odia and English, passed away.
- Senior Indian Information Service officer Sanjay Kumar passed away.
- On April 28, 2021, The American astronaut, Michael Collins, Passed away.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 22nd March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 15th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 28th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 20th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 13th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 22nd January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 13th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|