Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 22nd to 31st July 2021. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2021 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
- World Brain Day – Observed on July 22, The theme for this year’s campaign is “our brain, our future”
- National Broadcasting Day celebrated on 23rd July
- Aaykar Diwas (Income Tax Day) Observed on July 24, it has been marked by various activities undertaken by the regional offices of the department across the country.
- The United Nations has designated July 25 every year as the World Drowning Day.
- Kargil Vijay Diwas is observed on 26th July to honour the war heroes.
- The International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem, Observed on July 26, adopted by the General Conference of the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 2015.
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) celebrated its 83rd Raising Day on July 27 all over the country.
- World Natural Conservation Day is celebrated every year on July 28 to raise awareness about the importance of working for a healthy environment.
- World Hepatitis Day is commemorated each year on 28 July to enhance awareness of viral hepatitis, an inflammation of the liver that causes a range of health problems, including liver cancer.
- Global Tiger Day, often called International Tiger Day, is an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation, held annually on 29 July & the theme is “Their survival is in our hands”.
- United Nations observes 30 July every year as World Day Against Trafficking in Persons & the 2021 theme for World Day against Trafficking in Persons is Victims “Voices Lead the Way”.
- An International Friendship Day was first proposed on July 30, 1958 by the World Friendship Crusade, an international civil organization that campaigns to foster peaceful culture through friendship.
- World Ranger Day is celebrated on July 31 of every year & it pays tribute to the Rangers who are injured and killed in the line of duty and celebrates their colleagues who still boldly undertake their role in the field to protect the world’s natural and cultural treasures.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL NEWS
- NSE Foundation, a subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange (NSE), in partnership with the NITI Aayog and UNICEF has launched a programme to spread awareness on COVID-19 vaccination
- Union Cabinet approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for specialty steel. The duration of the scheme will be five years, from 2023-24 to 2027-28.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of an Integrated Multi-purpose infrastructure Development Corporation for the Union Territory of Ladakh
- Government receives 27 proposals from private entities for undertaking various space activities in India
- Government has achieved its atomic energy generation target set for the current year. The target set for the current year 2021-22 is 41821 Million Units
- Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the office of National Farmers Welfare Program Implementation Committee
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar laid the foundation stone of the Plant Authority building at Pusa, New Delhi
- Government is implementing Bhartiya Prakritik Krishi Padhati (BPKP) as a sub scheme of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) since 2020-21 for the promotion of traditional indigenous practices
- The Union Cabinet approved Rs 6,322 crore production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme for speciality steel in a move that is expected to attract an additional investment of about Rs 40,000 crore and capacity addition of 25 million tonnes in the segment.
- The Government of India has been implementing a dedicated scheme of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) since 2015-16 to promote chemical free organic farming in the country in cluster mode.
- Government has been implementing the Soil Health Card (SHC) scheme since 2015 to provide soil test based fertilizer use recommendations periodically to the farmers in the country.
- “Renewables Integration in India 2021” report was jointly launched by Dr. Rakesh Sarwal, Additional Secretary, NITI Aayog & Mr. Keisuke Sadamori, Director of Energy Markets and Security, IEA on 22nd July, 2021.
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal inaugurated the exhibition “Azad Ki Shaurya Gatha” focused on the life of immortal martyr ‘Chandrasekhar Azad’ as part of “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” at Indira Gandhi National Center for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi.
- India celebrated its Buddhist heritage with President Shri Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi extending greetings of Asadha Poornima and Guru Poornima to Indians and the global Buddhist community.
- According to the Findings of the Indian Council of Medical Research’s (ICMR) fourth national serosurvey, 67.6 percent Of India’s population above the age of six, have developed antibodies against Covid-19 done between June 14 and July 6, announced by the Lok Sabha.
- On July 26, 2021, Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan stated that the Government proposes to set up a National Research Foundation NRF to strengthen the research ecosystem in the country.
- The Ministry of AYUSH has developed and launched the AYUSH Sanjivani mobile application to generate data on the acceptance and usage of Ayush advocacies and measures among the population and its impact in the prevention of COVID-19.
- Government taken initiative to identify effective medicines under Ayush systems to cure patients with symptoms of COVID-19
- Virendra Kumar virtually inaugurated the “5th North-East India Traditional Fashion Week (NEIFW) 2021”, the event aims to enrich the ‘Make in India’ Movement by mainstreaming divyangjan along with promoting the indigenous culture and art-forms of North-East India.
- A 33/11kV 10 MVA Substation commissioned under the IPDS scheme of the Government of India was inaugurated in Nusso, Bandipora, J & K.
- The Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah inaugurated the Inter-State Bus Terminal at Maviyang & the aim of this Inter-state bus terminal is to give highest priority for the connectivity of the North East.
- Union Home Minister, Shri Amit Shah, laid the foundation stone for the Multipurpose Convention Centre and Exhibition Facility of the North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) in Shillong
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched the web based portal in to facilitate submission of applications, identification of children eligible to receive support under the ‘PM CARES for Children’ scheme and processing of applications for securing benefits to them.
- Union Power Minister and Minister of State for Power release a report on Key Regulatory Parameters of Power Utilities as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
- KASEZ (Kandla SEZ) is the First Green SEZ to achieve the IGBC (Indian Green Building Council) Green Cities Platinum Rating for Existing Cities.
- The Indian Science Technology and Engineering Facilities Map (I-STEM), the national web portal for sharing R&D facilities was formally launched in January 2020 by the Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated the National Commission for Women’s 24/7 helpline number – 7827170170.
- The Union Government has decided to set up a National Centre of Excellence for Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics for creating a world-class talent pool in India to cater to the Indian as well as global industry.
- Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah launched the Green Sohra Afforestation Campaign at Sohra (Cherrapunji) in Meghalaya.
- Parliament has passed the National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Bill, 2021.
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar virtually inaugurated the 28th Regional Workshop of Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs)
- In a major boost to agricultural produce exports from Uttarakhand, first consignment of vegetables including curry leaf, okra, pear and bitter gourd sourced from the farmers of Haridwar, was exported to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Coal India Ltd. (CIL) has taken an out of box initiative to produce sand from overburden at a much cheaper price.
- Union Minister of State for Earth Sciences, Jitendra Singh launched the MoES-ESSDP (Earth System Science Data Portal) during the 15th foundation day.
- In a major boost to exports of Geographical Indications (GI) products from the north-eastern region, a consignment of ‘Raja Mircha’ also referred as king chilli from Nagaland was exported to London via Guwahati by air for the first time.
- The Government has announced its plans to set up a National Farmers Database.
- The Geological Survey of India (GSI), part of the Ministry of Mines, has taken up seven projects for lithium exploration across different states in India.
- The Election Commission of India held a review meeting on advance planning for forthcoming elections with the Chief Electoral Officers of the five states namely Goa, Manipur, Punjab, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh, at Nirvachan Sadan.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) launched a capacity-building initiative on ‘making water sensitive cities in Ganga basin’, aimed at improving river health and flows.
- Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) conducted by National Statistical Office (NSO) stated that Unemployment rate for women fell to 4.2 per cent in 2019-20 from 5.1 per cent in 2018-19.
- The Marine Aids to Navigation Bill 2021 has been passed by the Parliament, which aims to replace the over 90-year-old Lighthouse Act of 1927 & the bill was moved in Rajya Sabha by Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal on 19 July 2021 and it was passed on 27 July 2021.
- The Union Cabinet has cleared the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) Bill, 2021, which will allow depositors to withdraw up to Rs 5 lakh in 90 days.
- The Lok Sabha passed the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill, 2021 which was introduced in the Lower House on July 26.
- Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt stated that, The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will get two per cent royalty from Dr Reddy’s Laboratory (DRL) on the sale of anti-Covid drug 2-DG.
- Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot e-launched a ‘National Portal for Transgender Persons’ and e-inaugurated a ‘Garima Greh: A Shelter Home for Transgender Persons’ in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a new framework SAFAL (structured assessment for analyzing learning levels) to assess students of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Government is taking various steps to undertake the large-scale production of COVID BEEP stated by the Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh, It is a India’s first indigenous, cost effective, wireless physiological parameters monitoring system for COVID-19 patients, developed by ESIC Medical College Hyderabad in collaboration with IIT Hyderabad and Department Of Atomic Energy.
- The Rajya Sabha on July 28, 2021, passed the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Amendment Bill 2021, thereby amending the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children), Act, 2015.
- The government announced a 27-per cent quota for OBCs and 10 per cent reservation for the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category in the All-India Quota (AIQ) scheme for undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses from the current academic year, 2021-22.
- Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Shri Prakash Javadekar inaugurated NATRAX- the High Speed Track(HST) in Indore which is the longest such track in Asia.
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Jagat Prakash Nadda launched Rashtriya Swasthya Swayamsevak Abhiyan (a health volunteers programme) from the party headquarters in Delhi.
- The All India Council of Technical Education is creating a database of resources to allow colleges to offer more programmes in regional languages and developed a tool to translate engineering content into 11 languages.
- The mini polyhouse [polyhouse is a type of greenhouse] is coming under ‘Krishikarna’ project launched in Kerala, a joint initiative of State Agri Horticultural Society (SAHS), Sustainable Foundation and Qore3 Innovations.
- Kerala Government announced a financial package of ₹ 5,650 crore in the state Assembly, to assist small-scale traders and farmers of the state.
- The Centre announced 780 new air traffic routes have been approved under the regional air connectivity scheme
- Global Tobacco Epidemic 2021 report prepared by WHO, on that More than four times as many people are now covered by at least one WHO-recommended tobacco control measure as compared with 2007.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Liverpool cleared of World Heritage status
- King Mswati III appoints Cleopas Dlamini as Eswatini’s new Prime Minister
- Pedro Castillo, the provincial schoolteacher who promised to restructure Peru’s economy to favor the poor, was confirmed as the Andean country’s president-elect more than six weeks after the election.
- A 12-metre 3D-printed pedestrian bridge designed by Joris Laarman and built by Dutch Robotics Company MX3D has opened in Amsterdam six years after the project was launched.
- The President-elect of the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) and Foreign Minister of the Maldives, H.E. Abdulla Shahid, called on Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Indian Naval Ship Airavat arrived at the Port of Jakarta, Indonesia on 24 Jul 2021, carrying essential COVID-19 relief supplies.
- The Bangladesh government is working to develop a social media platform named ‘Jogajog’ as an alternative to Facebook & the government is also working to develop a communication app ‘Alapan’ as an alternative to Whatsapp.
- The President-elect of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) and Foreign Minister of the Maldives, Abdulla Shahid, called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
- Indian Railways’ Oxygen Express to transport 200 MT Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO) to Bangladesh in 10 containers.
- Madrid’s tree-lined Paseo del Prado boulevard and the adjoining Retiro park have been added to UNESCO’s World Heritage list.
- The Philippines approved commercial cultivation of vitamin A-rich Golden Rice, long touted as a partial remedy for childhood malnutrition.
- Singapore’s Sunseap is planning a $2 billion floating solar project on a reservoir in Indonesia’s Batam Island
- Leading European nation Sweden stated it has ratified the framework agreement for the International Solar Alliance, an initiative of India aimed at promoting renewable energy and sustainable development.
- BRICS countries are all prepared to take ahead, incorporate and amplify the Traditional Medicine System in the fight against Covid-19.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh attended a conclave of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Dushanbe that extensively deliberated on regional security challenges as well as the situation in Afghanistan.
- Globally renowned for its natural beauty, Rio de Janeiro received a new international distinction as UNESCO added landscape architect Roberto Burle Marx’s former home to its list of World Heritage sites.
- Lebanon’s president is expected to appoint a billionaire businessman and former prime minister as the next premier-designate
- Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri noted that the “king of chillies” from Nagaland, also known as the Bhoot Jolokia (ghost pepper), has been exported to the United Kingdom via Guwahati by air for the first time.
- On July 27, 2021, A 19-year-old Pakistani Shehroze Kashif became the youngest person to reach the summit of K2 with Supplemental oxygen.
- US will provide $25 million to support Covid-19 India’s vaccination programme
- The Global Partnership for Education (GPE) Global Education Summit will take place on July 28 and 29, 2021 in London.
- The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) under the Department of Commerce in partnership with the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) and Invest India conducted a 2 Day Virtual Outreach Event connecting exporters from the Districts to the buyers outside India.
- In the process of Returning stolen Idols, the National Gallery of Australia announced it would return 14 works of art from its Asian art collection to Indian Government.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE NEWS
- Telangana CM Launches ‘Telangana Dalit Bandhu’ scheme
- Uttar Pradesh to set panchayat secretariat in all panchayats of the state
- The Shravan Harela, celebrated in the Hindu calendar month of Shravan, marks the onset of the rainy season (Monsoon)
- In Madhya Pradesh, Gwalior and Orchha cities have been selected by UNESCO under ‘Historic Urban Landscape Project’
- In Madhya Pradesh, Gwalior and Orchha cities have been selected by UNESCO under ‘Historic Urban Landscape Project’, which was started in the year 2011, for the inclusive and well-planned development of fast-growing historical cities while preserving the culture and heritage.
- The Union Cabinet approved the establishment of an integrated multi-purpose infrastructure development corporation for the Union Territory of Ladakh.
- The Union Cabinet approved the setting up of a central university in the union territory of Ladakh, while also giving its nod to an integrated multi-purpose infrastructure development corporation.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah is reaching Shillong on a two-day visit to Meghalaya along with a few other Union Ministers handling portfolios for the Northeastern states.
- To manage hearing loss in newborn and young children, Punjab government launched an automated auditory brainstem response system (AABR) under universal newborn hearing screening programme.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) inscribed the 13th-century Ramappa in Palampet, Telangana a ‘World Heritage Site’.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone of Tamulpur Medical College and Hospital in Guwahati.
- On July 26, 2021, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘MyGov-Meri Sarkar’ portal.
- The Karnataka BJP legislature party which met on July 27, to elect their new legislature party leader has chosen Basavaraj Bommai as the new Chief Minister.
- Assam Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma laid the foundation of Bamboo Industrial Park at Manderdisa in Dima Hasao & the project will be implemented with 50 crores from DoNER Ministry.
- The Ministry of Science and Technology will set up a first-of-its-kind Centre for Bioresources & Sustainable Development
- The Harappan city of Dholavira in Gujarat’s Rann of Kutch has found a place in UNESCO’s World Heritage list, making it the 40th world heritage property in the country.
- Indore has become the only city to be selected from India for the International Clean Air Catalyst Programme.
- In order to promote AYUSH in Madhya Pradesh and to link it with employment, the government CM Shivraj launched a ‘Devaranya’ scheme.
- Odisha’s Puri has become the first city in the state to have a drink-from-tap facility & Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the ‘Sujal’ or drink-from-tap mission.
- Department of MSME, Government of Uttar Pradesh, signed an MoU with government advisory firm Sapio Analytics, to provide licenses of automation software Accloud, worth Rs. 72 crores, to 20,000 MSMEs of the state.
- Karnataka became the first state in India to reserve jobs in public employment in favour of transgender persons.
- Rajasthan government’s Industries Department and the apex industrial development body, the Rajasthan Industrial Development and Investment Corporation (RIICO), have launched a campaign “Mission Niryatak Bano” to help local traders in expanding their businesses to foreign countries.
- The Odisha government has implemented the one nation one ration card scheme, & the scheme allows the beneficiaries to lift his or her quota of food grains from any of the fair price shops of his or her choice, both within and outside the state.
- On the occasion of World Hepatitis Day 2021, Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh launched Model Hepatitis B Treatment Centres at two hospitals in Manipur.
- The Kerala Police has launched a new initiative called the “Pink Protection” project for the protection of women in public, private and digital spaces.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS NEWS
- Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) launched India’s first ETF tracking Nifty Financial Services Index
- India has scored 90.32% in United Nation’s Economic and Social Commission for Asia Pacific’s (UNESCAP) latest Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation
- India has seen a “significant improvement” in the UNESCAP’s Global Survey on Digital & Sustainable Trade Facilitation with a 90.32 percent score.
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers (MoC&F) stated After the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) put a cap on prices, 91% of brands of five medical devices reported downward revision of prices up to 88%.
- The Indian Olympic Association roped in the Adani Group as a sponsor for the Indian contingent at the ongoing Tokyo Games.
- Cisco Networking Academy and the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) announced a partnership that is aimed at addressing the shortage of tech-proficient workforce in India and creating career opportunities for millions in the digital economy.
- Care Ratings stated in a report, The country’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth is likely to be 8 to 9 percent in the current financial year, driven by agriculture and industry sectors.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has sharply scaled down India’s economic growth projection by 300 basis points to 9.5 per cent for the current financial year from 12.5 per cent estimated earlier in April.
- Economic prospects have diverged further across countries since the April 2021 World Economic Outlook (WEO) forecast & the global economy is projected to grow 0 percent in 2021 and 4.9 percent in 2022.
- Three Indian businesses are among the winners of a United Nations-sponsored global competition for the “Best Small Businesses” that provide creative, varied, and impactful solutions for increasing access to healthy and sustainable food.
- The country’s leading car maker Maruti Suzuki India stated it has partnered with Savitribai Phule Pune University, Maharashtra, to train the youth in automobile retail.
- Intel in collaboration with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Ministry of Education announced the launch of the AI For All initiative with the purpose of creating a basic understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) for everyone in India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND ECONOMY NEWS
- ICICI Bank and HPCL jointly launches ‘ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver’ Credit Card
- The state-run insurance and investment company, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), has rolled out the Arogya Rakshak plan, a benefit-based, non-linked, non-participating, regular premium and individual health insurance policy
- India’s largest lender State Bank of India has selected Paisalo Digital as its National Corporate Business Correspondent for boosting its financial inclusion drive with the help of kiosk-based banking services
- The RBI is working on phased introduction of its own digital currency Deputy Governor T Rabi Sankar stated it is mulling pilot projects in wholesale and retail segments in the near future, .
- Standalone health insurer Max Bupa Health Insurance, backed by private equity firm True North and Bupa, has rebranded itself to Niva Bupa Health Insurance.
- Dvara e-Dairy Solutions Pvt. Ltd. announced its partnership with IFFCO Tokio General Insurance for providing artificial intelligence (AI) powered digital cattle identity solution for cattle insurance.
- Magma Fincorp Limited, a RBI-registered non-banking finance company (NBFC) has been rechristened as Poonawalla Fincorp Limited and has initiated rebranding activity, following the acquisition of controlling stake by Adar Poonawalla led Rising Sun Holdings Private Limited on 21st May 2021.
- Indian Bank launched its CASA (current account, savings account) campaign on the 53rd Bank Nationalization day & this campaign is expected to ‘inject confidence’ in customers and to bring new customers into their fold to improve the CASA of the Bank.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance, India’s leading non-life insurance company in the private sector, announced the launch of (https://www.hdfcergo.com/health-insurance/optima-secure)Optima Secure, a new health indemnity health insurance product that seeks to redefine the value customers can get from their insurance plan.
- SMC Global Securities limited announced a strategic alliance with Dhanlaxmi bank for offering online trading services to the bank customers, & this tie-up will offer an integrated 3-in-1 account comprising of a Savings, Demat, and Trading account providing a hassle-free and convenient trading experience to the Dhanlaxmi Bank customers through the portal smctradeonline.com apart from the mobile trading app (SMC ACE) and desktop-based software.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC), the investment arm of the World Bank Group, has provided a loan of $250 million ( ₹1,875 crore) to HDFC, to promote affordable green housing finance for low and middle income borrowers.
- The Union Government has fixed norms for implementation of Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) in the country to enable state-specific reforms.
- In recent years, the Government has taken a number of measures to bring back the black money stashed abroad ‘The Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015’.
- Rao Inderjit Singh informed that Government has identified total 2,38,223 companies as shell companies between 2018-2021
- As per the Provisional Estimates of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the year 2020-21 released by the National Statistical Office, the Gross Value Added (GVA) of agriculture has shown a growth of 3.6 per cent, signalling better prospects of consumption in rural India.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) informed that the total amount of unclaimed deposits of Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs) was Rs. 24,356 crore, as on 31.12.2020.
- India’s largest private lender HDFC Bank launched an overdraft facility for small retailers in partnership with the government’s e-governance services delivery arm CSC SPV that enables government schemes and services through common service centres (CSCs).
- The Reserve Bank of India cancelled the licence of Madgaum Urban Co-operative Bank Limited, Margao, Goa, as the bank with its current financial position would be unable to pay its present depositors in full.
- Three of India’s biggest private lenders – ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and Axis Bank – have taken stakes in the blockchain financial technology firm IBBIC.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 5 crore on Axis Bank for contravention of certain provisions of directions issued by the RBI, encompassing those on cyber security framework.
- Digital payments have recorded a growth of 30.19 per cent during the year ended March 2021, reflecting adoption and deepening of cashless transactions in the country, RBI data showed.
- Paytm Payments Bank informed it has become the first bank in the country to achieve the milestone of issuing 1 crore FASTags.
- The finance ministry invited entries from citizens for name, tagline and logo for the new Development Financial Institution (DFI)
- Minister of State for Finance Bhagwat K Karad Stated Non-performing assets (NPAs) of banks have declined by Rs 61,180 crore to Rs 8.34 lakh crore at the end of March 31, 2021.
- The Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare is implementing a Centrally Sponsored Scheme ‘Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization’ (SMAM) with effect from 2014-15.
- NITI AAYOG -TRIFED join hands for successful implementation of Van DhanYojana in Tribal Clusters of Aspirational Districts of India
- With an aim to further improve ease of doing business, Centre launches the “Secured Logistics Document Exchange” along with a Calculator for GreenHouse Gas Emissions
- 52,391 entities are recognized as start-ups by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), more than 5.7 lakh jobs have been reported by more than 50,000 start-ups.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATION NEWS
- Citi India appointed Rahul Saraf as Head of Investment Banking
- Aramane Giridhar take oath additional charge of Chairman, NHAI
- Rasmi Ranjan Das, a Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Finance, is among a distinguished group of 25 tax experts from around the world appointed as members of the UN tax committee for the 2021 to 2025 term
- Upstox (also known as RKSV Securities India Pvt. Ltd.), one of India’s largest investment platforms, has appointed US-based Thippesha Dyamappa, former director of software development, international retail at Amazon, as its Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Airports Authority of India stated Dr Sharad Kumar took over as the Director of Chennai Airport.
- On July 23, 2021, Trinamool Congress member MP Shantanu Sen was suspended from the Rajya Sabha for the remaining period of the monsoon session.
- On July 26, 2021, Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa announced his resignation at a two-year celebration of his government.
- Nasir Kamal, has been appointed as the Director General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) in the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- The Union government gave additional charge of the Delhi Police to Balaji Srivastava after the retirement of SN Shrivastava on June 30, and there was no indication at the time that the charge was temporary.
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh announced that weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu, who won Silver at the Tokyo Olympics, will be appointed as the Additional Superintendent of Police in the state police department.
- Uber has announced that it has named Ameya Velankar as head of marketing for India, South Asia.
- Foreign Minister of Maldives Abdulla Shahid won the Presidency of the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 7 June 2021.
- SDG Choupal, a collective community member of UN habitat, WHO, NITI Ayog and MSME ministry honored Shri Sanjay Rai Sherpuria by appointing him the National Brand Ambassador for his commendable contributions.
- Bharat Bill Payment System, NPCI’s flagship bill payments platform that was hived off into a separate subsidiary in April, has appointed former PayU and Airtel Payments Bank executive Noopur Chaturvedi as its new chief executive officer.
- Property consultant Colliers has appointed Ramesh Nair as the chief executive officer (CEO) for India and managing director, market development, for Asia.
- Former India off-spinner M. Venkataramana has been appointed the Tamil Nadu senior team coach for the coming season.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
- The Cachar district of Barak Valley in South Assam has got the prestigious National Silver SKOCH award under health category on the project called “Pushti Nirbhor”
- Former Indian Footballer Shibaji Banerjee honoured with Mohun Bagan Ratna Award 2021 Posthumously
- AmbitionBox bags UST for top employee choice awards
- India”s chief hydrographer Vice Admiral Vinay Badhwar was conferred with the prestigious Alexander Dalrymple award by the British government in recognition of his works in areas of hydrography and nautical cartography.
- A total of 27 government hospitals, community health centres (CHCs) and primary health centres (PHCs) of the district were selected for the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s prestigious Kayakalp Award under National Quality Assurance Standards (NQAS) certification scheme for 2018-19 and 2019-20.
- Indian-origin British author Sunjeev Sahota is among the 13 authors long listed for the prestigious 2021 Booker Prize for fiction for his novel ‘China Room’, alongside Nobel laureate Kazuo Ishiguro and Pulitzer Prize winner Richard Powers.
- The Maharashtra Bhushan Selection Committee chaired by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray unanimously selected legendary playback singer Asha Bhosle for the prestigious award.
- Vaidehi Dongre, a 25-year-old girl from Michigan, has been crowned Miss India USA 2021 at the beauty pageant held over the weekend.
- Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL), has signed a ten-year partnership with the company IBM to set up the ‘Airport in a Box’ platform.
- Satpura Tiger Reserve of the Madhya Pradesh has received the Natwest Group Earth Heroes Award in the Earth Guardian category for best management
- 31-year-old Ngangom Bala Devi has been named as the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Women’s Footballer of the Year 2020-21, Meanwhile, 19-year-old Manisha Kalyan won the Women’s Emerging Player of the year awards.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU’s AND AGREEMENTS
- The Indian Navy has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Kotak Mahindra for salary accounts of all its personnel – both serving and retired
- Chennai-headquartered Indian Bank has signed an agreement with IIT Guwahati Technology Incubation Centre (TIC) for financing start-ups under Bank’s loan product “IND SpringBoard”.
- The Arunachal government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Centre for Policy Research and Analysis-IIM here in Meghalaya for collaborating as a knowledge partner to build the capacity of the state government officers to set up a satellite centre of the IIM Shillong in Arunachal, and for necessary policy interventions.
- The lead internal security force of the country-Central Reserve Police Force has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)-India’s premier tech R&D to train the manpower of the force in advanced technologies and undertake joint projects.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) signed an agreement to work together to foster diversity and equity through global initiatives promoting health and sport for everybody, everywhere.
- The Cabinet approved a multilateral MoU signed between the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO), and International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS).
- National Fertilisers Limited (NFL) and Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilisers Ltd (RCF) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) for ‘transfer of technology’ of a revolutionary and game changer fertiliser Nano Urea Liquid.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Space technology applications being used for digital education in the country
- Shri G Kishan Reddy, Union Minister of Culture, Tourism and Development of North East Region stated that NESAC (North Eastern Space Applications Centre) has enabled the States to address issues and challenges of the North Eastern region with the support of space technology.
- On July 23, 2021, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT-K) launched the first technology innovation hub to find cyber security solutions for anti-drones technologies, intrusion detection system, block-chain and cyber physical system.
- A veterinary-doctor-turned-inventor, John Abraham, has received the patents for inventing biodiesel from slaughtered chicken waste.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation’s customised space-themed merchandise programme in partnership with industry has taken off with multiple companies on board.
- Google‘s parent company Alphabet’s secretive research unit launches New robotics software company named Intrinsic & it mainly focused on developing software for robots.
- Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Health & Family Welfare Shri Mansukh Mandaviya chaired a high-level meeting to assess the situation of raw materials in the country for the manufacturing of Fertilisers.
- The Government has developed an indigenous climate model that will predict the impact of climate change on monsoon in the country, informed Jitendra Singh, the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences.
- Department of Science and Technology stated, A scientist with the Mohali-based National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute has developed an ultra-sensitive and easy-to-use sensor for detecting arsenic contamination in water and food within 15 minutes.
- The Ministry of Science & Technology stated A group of astronomers, including from India, has detected a very short, powerful burst of high-energy radiation that lasted for about a second and had been racing towards the earth for nearly half the present age of the universe.
- Researchers from the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata collaborated with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, to develop piezoelectric molecular crystals called bipyrazole organic crystals.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch a Geo-imaging Earth Observation Satellite (EOS-03) in the coming months as the agency reassesses work following the Covid-19 induced lockdown.
- According to the Study India can potentially save Rs 8,940 crore ($1.2 billion) a year by shutting down some old coal-burning power plants and allowing newer ones to run for longer hours & the study was conducted by New Delhi-based Council on Energy, Environment and Water.
- Intel in collaboration with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Ministry of Education announced the launch of the AI for All initiative with the purpose of creating a basic understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) for everyone in India.
- Malaysia has registered the world’s first affordable & effective new drug for hepatitis C.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
- Last blast of Sela Tunnel’s escape tube conducted by DG Border Roads
- Indian Navy participated in a two-day bilateral Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Royal Navy Carrier Strike Group (CSG)-21 led by HMS Queen Elizabeth in the Bay of Bengal from 21 to 22 Jul 21
- Indian Naval Ship Talwar is participating in Exercise Cutlass Express 2021along the East Coast of Africa.
- INS Tabar reached St Petersburg, Russia on 22 July 2021 to participate in the 325th Navy Day celebrations of the Russian Navy.
- 12th Edition of Indo-Russia joint military Exercise INDRA 2021 will be held at Volgograd, Russia from 01 to 13 August 2021.
- The Indian Air Force formally inducted Rafale aircraft into 101 Squadron at Air Force Station Hasimara in Eastern Air Command (EAC)
- The Department of Defence Production which comes under the Ministry of Defence has given its approval for a central sector scheme named ‘Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX)’ and gave a budgetary support of Rs. 498.80 crore for the next 5 years starting from 2021-22 to the year 2025-26.
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Saryu, an indigenously built Offshore Patrol Vessel is undertaking coordinated patrol (CORPAT) with Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Bung Tomo from 30 to 31 July 2021.
- The 12th edition of exercise INDRA NAVY, a biennial (Every Two Years) bilateral maritime exercise between Indian Navy and Russian Navy was held in the Baltic Sea from 28 to 29 July 2021.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : BOOKS & AUTHORS
- On July 17, 2021, Shri. Duvvuri Subbarao, Former Governor, RBI released a book titled ‘Bank with a Soul: Equitas’ & the Book has been written by Dr. C K Garyali is a founder trustee of EDIT (Equitas Development Initiative Trust).
- Filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is coming up with his autobiography, “The Stranger In The Mirror” & the Book has been Published by Rupa Publications, it will hit the stands across the country on July 27.
- A New Book Titled ‘An Ordinary Life: Portrait of an Indian Generation’ by Former election commissioner Ashok Lavasa.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : RANKING & INDEX
- According to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) report, on the trends in world agricultural trade in the past 25 years, India has entered the top 10 list of the countries exporting agricultural produce in the year 2019.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : ENVIRONMENT
- Minister of State for Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Ashwini Kumar Choubey informed, India generated 10,14,961.2 tonnes of e-waste , which is an increase of 31.6% when compared to the year 2019 to the Rajya Sabha.
- The 14 Tiger Reserves in India which received the accreditation of the Global Conservation Assured|Tiger Standards (CA|TS).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar virtually delivered the Ministerial Statement in the Pre-Summit of United Nations Food System Summit 2021
- The 5th National Geo-research Scholars Meet (NGRSM), based on the theme “Earth Sciences for Sustainable development”, was organized through a webinar recently at the Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG), Dehradun, an autonomous institute of the DST.
- On July 15 & 16, 2021, Uzbekistan hosted a two day high-level International Conference titled “Central and South Asia: Regional Connectivity. Challenges and Opportunities” at Tashkent.
- A two day G20 Environment Ministerial Meeting 2021 was organised at Naples, in Italy in virtual mode.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : SPORTS NEWS
- 21-year-old Madhya Pradesh shooter Rubina Francis, won gold in the 10-metre air pistol para women’s event at World shooting Para Sport Cup held in Lima, Peru from June 12 to 17.
- Young wrestlers Aman Gulia (Sonepat wrestler) and Sagar Jaglan were crowned the new world champions in their respective categories at the Cadet World Championship in Budapest, Hungary.
- On July 24, 2021, India’s ace weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu won a silver medal in the Women’s 49 kg category, at Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Japanese Emperor Naruhito & IOC president Thomas Bach have officially opened the 32nd Summer Olympic Games in the newly-built National Stadium Tokyo.
- The Advisory Committee of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has recommended cash awards for Indian athletes participating in the Tokyo Olympics, In that Athletes winning gold medals will be awarded ₹75 lakh & Silver medal winners will be given ₹40 lakh, & Bronze medal winners will receive ₹25 lakh.
- The Tokyo Olympics are introducing four new sports namely skateboarding, surfing, karate and sport climbing.
- Delhi’s Vantika Agarwal stunned a strong field to win the National women online chess title.
- On July 25, 2021, 16-year-old Indian Wrestler Priya Malik clinched gold at the 2021 World Cadet Wrestling Championships in Budapest, Hungary & she defeated Kseniya Patapovich 5-0 in the summit clash of women’s 73kg weight category to win the yellow medal.
- Weightlifter Polina Guryeva won a silver medal for lifting a total 217 kilograms in the 59-kilogram category, the Central Asian nation in the Tokyo Olympics.
- 22-year-old Yuto Horigome of Japan won the gold medal in skateboarding with a score of 37.18 points at the Olympic Games held at Ariake Urban Sports Center, in Tokyo.
- On July 24, 2021, 21-year-old Chinese Shooter Yang Qian won the first gold medal of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games in women’s 10m air rifle with a score of 251.8.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : OBITUARIES
- On July 21, 2021, Noted Carnatic Classical Violinist ‘Kalaimaamani’ Sikkil Shri R Bhaskaran passed away.
- On July 23, 2021, Kerala’s oldest women learner Bhageerathi Amma, to take the equivalency exams, passed away in Kollam, Kerala.
- Veteran theatre personality and litterateur Urmil Kumar Thapliyal passed away
- On July 24, 2021, Renowned Marathi poet Satish Kalsekar passed away.
- On July 26, 2021, Veteran multilingual actress Jayanthi passed away.
- On July 26, 2021, Momiji Nishiya, a 13 years 330 days old Japanese skateboarder won the gold medal at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- On July 23, 2021, Folk music legend and freedom fighter Fakir Alamgir passed away.
- Former England and Derbyshire bowler Mike Hendrick has passed away at the age of 72.
- On July 28, 2021, Legendary badminton player Nandu Natekar, Passed away.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st July 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st July 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th July 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th July 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th June 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st June 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th June 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th June 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (16th to 21st May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 15th May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th May 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th April 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|