Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs of 09th to 15th March 2021. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2021 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
- The International Women’s Day (IWD) is celebrated on March 8 every year, to celebrate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women.
- World Kidney Day is observed annually on the 2nd Thursday in March.TheWorld Kidney Day Steering Committee has declared 2021 the year of “Living Well with Kidney Disease”.
- World Sleep Day is an annual event observed on March 13 organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of the World Sleep Society, formerly World Association of Sleep Medicine, since 2008.
- The International Day of Mathematics is 14 March. This year, the themeof the International Day of Mathematics is “Mathematics for a Better World”.
- World Consumer Rights Day Observed on Mar 15. The World Consumer Rights Day 2021 theme is to gather all the consumers in a fight to “Tackle Plastic Pollution”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL NEWS
- On March 07, 2021,Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the ‘JanaushadhiDiwas’ celebrations via video conferencing.
- Forty scholars from six countries have been awarded with Indian Science Research Fellowship (ISRF) 2021.
- The National Committee set up to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence will hold its first meeting to discuss modalities relating to preparatory activities.
- Textiles Minister Smriti Irani has said that India will be fully Aatmanirbhar in Silk production in the next two years.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi called upon the people to use medicines from JanAushadhi Kendra saying that people have saved more than 9,000 crore rupees through these Kendras.
- Indian Railway has integrated all railway help lines into single number 139 which is Rail Madad Helpline for quick grievance redressal and enquiry during the journey.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate MaitriSetu between India and Bangladesh through video conferencing.
- The Cyberabad Police launched India’s first-ever ‘Transgender Community Desk’ at the Gachibowli Police Station in Hyderabad.
- FICCI’s Overall Business Confidence Index has witnessed a decadal high of 74.2 in the current round on account of improvement in present conditions as well as expectations.
- Navratna Defence Public Sector Undertaking Bharat Electronics Limited, BEL paid interim dividend of 140 percent on its paid-up capital to the Government for financial year 2020-21.
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day, Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan unveiled two of the Passport SevaKendras, PSKsto be transformed as All Women PSKs.
- Chairing the first meeting of the National Committee to commemorate 75 years of independence, Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav virtually, Prime Minister Narendra Modi informed that 5 pillars have been decided for the celebration of the 75 years.
- Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology, Sanjay Dhotre inaugurated the International Conference on Multifunctional Electronic Materials and Processing (MEMP 2021) virtually on the occasion of 30th foundation day of Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology.
- Government has said that more than 81 percent accounts under Stand up India Scheme and about 68 percent of loan accounts under MUDRA scheme belong to women entrepreneurs.
- The Environment, Forest and Climate Change Ministry has said that a total of 122 non attainment cities, NACs have been identified under the National Clean Air Programme.
- Maharashtra government will be holding various programmes related to Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav.
- Digital News Publishers Association has welcomed the Information Technology (Guidelines for Intermediaries and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules of 2021.
- IT and Communication Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said Apple’s plan to produce I-phone 12 Smartphones in India will create jobs in large numbers.
- Union Minister for Labour and Employment Santosh Kumar Gangwar launched the convergence of ESI Scheme with Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, PM-JAY in 113 districts of Chhatisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- Government has dismissed a claim made on social media that from 1st of next month, Post offices will charge 25 on every cash withdrawal from its account.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the Kindle version of Swami Chidbhavanandaji’s Bhagavad Gita and also address the occasion through virtual mode.
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat will be chairing a Conference of States and UTs Ministers on Jal Jeevan Mission and review the progress made under the Mission.
- Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekar will inaugurate exhibitions at six places virtually.
- The first Meeting of the BRICS Contact Group on Economic and Trade Issues (CGETI) was held under India’s Chairship from 9th till 11th of this month.
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has announced a new scheme for tourist vehicle operators.
- Union Education Minister Ramesh PokhriyalNishank has announced linking of Online Teacher Pupil Registration Management System, OTPRMS certificates with DigiLocker.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister, Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the exhibition to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence, Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav at six places in the country virtually.
- India’s first centralised air-conditioned (AC)railway terminal has been built at Baiyappanahalli in Bengaluru.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- Bangladesh is observing the 50th anniversary of the historic speech given by Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in Dhaka on 7th March 1971.
- The United States has announced to offer temporary legal residency to several hundred thousand Venezuelans who fled their country due to economic collapse.
- On part of the ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ celebration commemorating 50 years of the 1971 war triumph against Pakistan, Indian Naval Ships are scheduled to make the first-ever visit to the historic port town of Mongla in Bangladesh from March 8 to 10.
- Two ships of Indian navy arrived at the port city of Mongla in Bangladesh on a port call between March 8-10.
- In Russia, the media regulator, Roskomnadzor, announced that it was slowing down online access to the social media giant Twitter, accusing the social media company of failing to remove around three thousands posts relating to objectionable content.
- In Armenia, Prime Minister NikolPashinyan relieved the country’s Chief of General Staff Onik Gasparyan of his duties.
- Indian Navy Ship (INS) Talwar, deployed in the Gulf of Oman, provided technical assistance to a stranded merchant vessel carrying seven Indian crew members.
- Five heads of state and heads of government from the South Asian region will participate in the ten-day-long celebrations being organised on the occasion of the centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib and 50 years of liberation of Bangladesh.
- The world’s most powerful supercomputer named “Fugaku”,developed by Japanese scientific research institute RIKEN and Fujitsu, has been made available for research work.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE NEWS
- The Tripura government has come up with a digital platform to help people get benefits from various schemes of the Centre and the state government.
- India’s biggest Kidney Dialysis Hospital was inaugurated at Balasahib Gurudwara in Delhi.
- Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has announced Rs Ten thousand each for ASHA and Anganwadi volunteers, who had worked during the Covid 19 phase on the occasion of International Women Day.
- Uttar Pradesh government launched the second phase of Mission Shakti on the occasion of International women’s day.
- Manipur Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojana becomes changing factor for lives of tribal women
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day, Himachal Pradesh Police Department will organize ‘All Woman Parade’ at the historic Ridge Grounds in Shimla, aimed at increasing the strength of women in the police force.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Council under the chairmanship of Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha has approved the implementation of high-density plantation scheme in the horticulture sector with the support of National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (NAFED).
- The Portals of Shri Kedarnath Dham temple will open on May 17 this year. Shri Kedar Nath moving Deity will depart from Omkareshwar TempleUkhimath to Kedarnath Dham on 14 May.
- In Uttarakhand, Tirath Singh Rawat was sworn-in as the new chief minister.
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the District Administration, Ramban has developed a mobile application named e-Suvidha, which shall bring many public delivery services and departments on the digital platform.
- The Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru now has India’s first dedicated Express Cargo Terminal exclusively for export and import of international couriers.
- Jammu and Kashmir government has approved a proposal to provide interest-free loan up to 2 lakh rupees to the urban homeless economically weaker section beneficiaries under Beneficiary Led Construction (BLC) component of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U).
- ‘Covid Tracker’ helpline has been launched for the citizens of Mumbai.
- A country wide Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat campaign, which highlights the age-old tradition of our country – unity in diversity.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING & FINANCE
- Axis Securities announced the launch of ‘YIELD’ – an online platform to buy and sell bonds as well as debentures in the secondary market.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance has introduced Business Kisht Suraksha a unique cover aimed at protecting the balance sheet of MFIs, financial institutions and banks in the event of a catastrophe or natural disaster.
- Shares of IDBI Bank zoomed nearly 18 per cent in early trade after RBI removed the lender from its enhanced regulatory supervision or Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework after a gap of nearly four years.
- The Union Cabinet has approved to increase the foreign direct investment (FDI) limit to 74 percent.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE NEWS
- On March 10, 2021, The Second edition of India – Uzbekistan joint military exercise DUSTLIK II commenced in Foreign Training Node Chaubatia, Ranikhet in Uttarakhand.
- On March 10, 2021, India’s third stealth Scorpene-class submarine INS Karanj, was commissioned into the Indian Navy in Mumbai.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- China and Russia will build a lunar research station, on the moon’s surface, marking the start of a new era in space cooperation between the two countries.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has Developed an important milestone in the development of Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System by proving the land-based prototype.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has completed the development of a radar for the joint earth observation satellite mission with the US space agency National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- The Indian Navy provided technical assistance to a stranded merchant vessel at sea.
- On March 12, 2021, The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched a sounding rocket (RH-560) from Andhra Pradesh’s Sriharikota-based Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC).
- Researchers at Japan’s RIKEN institute have announced Fugaku is fully operational and ready to prove itself as the world’s most powerful supercomputer.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING & INDEX
- US conservative think-tank, the Heritage Foundation launched the Economic Freedom Index 2021.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS & AUTHORS
- The autobiography of ‘Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan’(Freedom Fighter), titled “The Frontier Gandhi: My Life and Struggle” has been released.
- On March 15, 2021, The book, titled Dynastyto Democracy: The Untold Story of Smriti Irani’s Triumph, is set to be released.
- The Indian Poet, cultural theorist Ranjit Hoskotereleased a poetry collection titled, ‘Hunchprose’.
- The readers’ editor of The Hindu S. Panneerselvanauthored a book titled Karunanidhi: A Life.
- Actor, producer, director, writer Susmita Mukherjee’s new book of short stories ‘Baanjh: Incomplete Lives of Complete Women’ released in January 2021.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- State-owned Indian Bank will divest stake in joint venture entity ASREC (India) Ltd as part of asset monetisation exercise.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APPS
- On March 12, 2021,Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution launched “Mera Ration” Mobile App for those ration card holders who migrate to new places in search of livelihood.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT & CONFERENCES
- On March 12, 2021, the first historic virtual summit of Quadrilateral leaders
- On March 12, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the fourth edition of the Global Ayurveda Festival through video conference.
- Union health minister, Dr Harsh Vardhan addresses the inaugural session of TechBharat 2021, Laghu Udyog Bharati and IMS Foundation organized the 2nd edition of the conclave bringing together stakeholders from the HealthTech sector on a virtual platform.
- Minister of Culture and Tourism Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the All-Women’s Art Exhibition titled ‘Akshya Patra’ at Rabindra Bhavan Galleries in New Delhi on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- The President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone for the conservation works of Singorgarh Fort in Singrampur village of Damoh district in Madhya Pradesh.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ARTS & SCIENCE
- The Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Celebrates the festival of Shivratri ‘Herath’.
- On March 11, 2021, Union Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated Digitisation of 4 crore 50 lakh pages of Records and Exhibition on Mahatma Gandhi & the Non-Cooperation Movement.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
- A newly discovered Hemiandrusjacinda cricket has been named after New Zealand’s prime minister, Jacinda Ardern, making it the fourth insect to be named in her honour.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS NEWS
- Kriti Bharti, a rehabilitation psychologist from Jodhpur and managing trustee of Sarathi Trust was inducted into the unique Har-She campaign of world-renowned chocolate company Hershey for International Women’s Day.
- Union Ministry of Women and Child Development signed an agreement with Invest India in New Delhi to enhance cooperation.
- Markets regulator Sebicancelled the certificate of registration of Sahara India Financial Corporation as a sub-broker citing its failure to fulfill the “fitand proper” criteria.
- Defence and Aerospace sectors have received foreign direct investment worth of four thousand 191 crore rupees till January this year.
- The Dharwad-headquartered Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank (KVGB) has launched the ‘Vikas Asha’ loan scheme for women.
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority launched its first virtual trade fair to boost export of agricultural and processed food products.
- Union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the two Technology Centres and three Extension Centres of MSME
- Government will soon launch ‘AtmaNirbharNiveshak Mitra’ portal for handholding and facilitation of domestic investors.
- The assembly elections in four states and a union territory, a startup firm has unveiled a mobile application with poll statistics and data on the country’s economy to help voters take fact-based decisions before exercising their franchise
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
- A private news channel has appointed Bangladesh’s Tashnuva Anan first transgender newsprsenter.
- Rajya Sabha Chairman M. Venkaiah Naidu complimented Congress leader Mallikarjun Khargeon becoming the new Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha.
- American TowerCorporation announced that Sanjay Goel has been appointed Executive Vice President and President, Asia-Pacific succeeding Amit Sharma.
- Kia Motors India, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kia Corporation, has appointed Hardeep Singh Brar as National Head of Sales and Marketing.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS & HONOURS
- The Hindu Group won two golds and two silvers at WAN IFRA’s South Asian Digital Media Awards, culminating in being named ‘Champion Publisher of the Year’, owing to the highest tally on the points table.
- As many as 19 women achievers from different fields were felicitated at the 9thedition of Aarya Awards here to mark the International Women’s Day.
- Chess player Koneru Humpy won the BBC India Sportswoman of the Year award for 2020.
- Nomadland and the Crown won big at the 26th Annual Critics ’ Choice Awards that was held earlier.
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik felicitated city-based Hazi Ali Producer Group, which was adjudged as the best SHG for its outstanding contribution towards mask making during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone has joined the Forum of the Young Global Leaders (YGLs) for the year 2021 compiled by the World Economic Forum.
- Politician-writer M VeerappaMoily, poets Arundhathi Subramaniam and Anamika are among the twenty writers who will be conferred with the Sahitya Akademi Award 2020.
- Renowned writer Nikhileswar, and one among the six ‘DigambaraKavulu’ has been chosen for the Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award-2020 for his anthology of poems Agniswaasa penned in 2017.
- Eminent author Mani Shankar Mukhopadhyay, better known as Shankar, is set to receivethe Sahitya Academy Award this year for his Memoirs ‘Eka EkaEkasi‘.
- For V Krishna Vadhyar, based at Irinjalakuda, the Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award for Best Children’s book is recognition of his work towards promoting Konkani language.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS NEWS
- India defeated England in the final Cricket test match at Ahmedabad to enter the final of the inaugural edition of the World Test Championship.
- From March 01 to 07, 2021,The35th edition of the Boxam International Tournament was held at Castellon, in Spain.
- VineshPhogatcontinued her golden return to wrestling after she defeated Canada’s Diana Weicker 4-0 to win gold medal at Matteo Pellicone Rome Rankings.
- India’s premier off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin was named the ICC men’s Player of the Month for February.
- On March 07, 2021,India’s ace shuttler PV Sindhu settled for a silver medal in the BWF Swiss Open Super 300 at Basel.
- World rapid chess champion Koneru Humpy has won the BBC Indian Sportswoman-of-the-Year award 2021.
- The National Anti-Doping Agency’s (NADA) disciplinary panel imposed sanctions on weightlifter Madhavan R and boxer Ruchika for violation of its code.
- On March 12, 2021, Mithali Raj became the first Indian woman to score 10000 runs in international cricket across all formats.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
- MG George Muthoot, the Chairman of Muthoot Group of Companies, died in New Delhi. He was 71.
- Noted Kannada poet, critic, and translator N S Lakshminarayana Bhatta passed away. He was 84.
- Veteran Indian athlete Ishar Singh Deol, a recipient of the Dhyan Chand National Sports Award, has died at the age of 91.
- Former Rajasthan Governor Anshuman Singh passed away. He was 86.
- The Prime Minister of Ivory Coast’s Hamed Bakayoko has passed away in the German city of Freiburg.
- Veteran Marathi actor Shrikant Moghe has passed away. He was 91.
- Olivier Dassault, deputy of the Les Republicains (LR) conservative party and son of billionaire industrialist Serge Dassault, was killed in a helicopter crash.
- On March 13, 2021, Former undisputed middleweight world champion MarvelousMarvin Hagler has Passed away.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 15th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th March 2021)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 28th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 20th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (09th to 13th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 08th February 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (23rd to 31st January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (14th to 22nd January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 13th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th January 2021)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th December 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (21st to 30th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (11th to 20th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 10th November 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (18th to 31st October 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (10th to 17th October 2020)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 09th October 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th September 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st September 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th September 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th September 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st August 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st August 2020)
||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th August 2020)
||Click Here to Download|