International Olympic Day 2021 Theme: June 23, is celebrated as the world Olympic day 2021 Theme where thousands of athletes around the world participate in numerous competitions such as runs, exhibitions, music, and educational seminars. Baron Pierre de Coubertin was the founder of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 1894, and thus it led to the holding of the first Olympic Games in Athens in 1896. The first Olympic Day was celebrated on June 23, 1948, by the 9 National Olympic Committees.
International Olympic Day 2021
International Olympic Day 2021 Theme is celebrated to encourage people regardless of age, gender, caste, or creed from around the world to participate in the Olympic games and spread awareness about the number of sports held. International Olympic Day was introduced in 1948. International Olympic Day 2021 Theme is celebrated on 23rd June, and the International Olympic Committee(IOC) organizes it annually to commemorate the birth of the Modern Olympic Games.
Three Pillars of Olympic Day
- Move: It refers to the athletes who are involved in physical activities and are active on Olympic day. Move refers to all the people of different ages and abilities willing to participate in physical activities. Teams and individuals both can take part in the Olympic day run.
- Learn: Plays are performed in which the character brings the idea and shows the audience about human education & health, environmental conservation, women empowerment, etc. to have respect for every caste and creed and must hold on to the bonds and relations.
- Discover: Encouraging people to involve and perform in sports that they have never tried is Discover. Sports are played all over the world but some regions have specific sports so the Olympics provides athletes with an opportunity to take part in new activities.
International Olympic Day 2021 theme
- Stay healthy, stay strong, stay active with the #OlympicDay workout on 23 June.
History of Olympic Day
Baron Pierre de Coubertin founded the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 1894, which led to the first modern Olympic Games in Athens in 1896.
On 23 June 1894, delegates from 12 countries gathered at the Sorbonne (Paris), to support “Pierre de Coubertin’s” with a proposal to revive the Olympic Games. The first Olympic Day was celebrated on June 23, 1948, by the 9 National Olympic Committees. This laid the foundation of the International Olympic Committee(IOC) and is remembered as the birth of the modern Olympic Movement.
Objectives of Olympic Day
- The International Olympic Committee organizes a run with a motto to promote the participation of athletes from around the world in sports without any discrimination of gender, age, caste, or creed.
- International Olympic Day 2021 Theme is celebrated to increase the awareness of health and sports among the people through various methods.
- Olympic Day Run is a movement activity organized worldwide, which promotes mass participation of sports to the people willing to participate in different sports and activities.