LIC Assistant Eligibility 2020:
Here we have added the LIC Assistant Eligibility 2020 details for you. The Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) is the authority for this LIC Assistant 2020 recruitment. To apply for this recruitment, candidates should possess certain norms as per the LIC Assistant Eligibility criteria 2020. Go through this page and know complete details regarding the LIC Assistant notification 2020 eligibility criteria.
LIC Assistant 2020 Selection Process:
The LIC Assistant 2020 selection procedure contains,
- Prelims exam
- Mains exam
- pre-recruitment medical examination
As the LIC Assistant is the most sought insurance job for the aspirants in our country, the competition will touch the peak for sure. Before applying for this exam, get to know complete details on the LIC Assistant recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria. So that you can apply for the exam without any confusion.
Get More – LIC Assistant 2020 Apply Online
List of LIC Assistant Eligibility Criteria:
The LIC has set several norms for this assistant recruitment process. It is mandatory for the candidates to satisfy all the norms as per the official notification. So, before you start the apply online process, confirm that you satisfy all the norms as per the LIC Assistant Eligibility. The major norms that come under this eligibility criteria list are,
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
So these are the main eligibility norms for the LIC Assistant recruitment 2020. Read all the details and confirm your eligibility here. We have provided all the information in a detailed manner.
Get More – LIC Assistant salary 2020
The LIC Assistant age eligibility details are here. As per the official notification, LIC has set a range for the LIC assistant age limit 2020 criteria. Candidates have to meet the age limit as per the notification, to apply for this recruitment. For namesake, you should not fill the application with a fake date of birth to show you as an eligible candidate. In this case, LIC may cancel your candidature. So fill in your date of birth correctly, and apply only if you are eligible as per the standard age limit of LIC Assistant 2020 official notification.
- Minimum age – 18 years (completed).
- Maximum age – not more than 30 years.
As per the LIC Assistant recruitment Eligibility Criteria 2020 norms, there are certain relaxations in the age limit for the candidates. The age relaxation will depend upon the category of the candidates. The relaxations in the upper age limit of scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Community (OBC), Ex-servicemen, confirmed LIC Employees, and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) are available in the table below.
|SC / ST candidates||5 years|
|OBC candidates||3 years|
|PwBD (Gen) candidates||10 years|
|PwBD (SC / ST) candidates||15 years|
|PwBD (OBC) candidates||13 years|
|Ex-Servicemen candidates||Actual Period of service in the Defence Services plus 3 years subject to the maximum age limit of 45 years. (In the case of Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC / ST / OBC, the maximum age limit of 50 years for SC / ST and 48 years for OBC is applicable.|
|Confirmed LIC Employees||Further Relaxation of 5 years|
So candidates refer to the relaxation in the upper age limit, and if you are eligible as per the LIC Assistant Eligibility notification 2020, you can apply for the concerned category with certificates available.
Get More – LIC Assistant 2020 Study Plan
The LIC Assistant educational eligibility criteria 2020 details are available here. To apply for this recruitment, candidates should meet this minimum educational qualification.
- Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 pattern) from any discipline in a government recognized Indian Institution / University.
For Ex-servicemen: The LIC Assistant clerk eligibility 2020 for the ex-servicemen in the educational qualification are,
- HSC (10+2+3 pattern): persons with at least 10 years of service.
- Matric: Persons with at least 15 years of service.
- Non-Matric: Persons with 15 years of service plus Indian Army special certificate exam or respective examination in Air Force and Navy
So, candidates check your LIC Assistant 2020 educational eligibility criteria and apply for the recruitment.
Key Points Regarding LIC Assistant Educational Eligibility:
Here some key points are available for the LIC Assistant minimum educational qualification eligibility, as per the official notification.
- Candidates should confirm that they possess the LIC Assistant 2020 minimum educational eligibility as per the official notification. They will not consider any other equivalent educational qualification as eligible.
- The candidates should have completed their educational qualifications from a Government recognized University / Institute / Board. Or the Government Regulatory Bodies should have approved the University / Institute / Board.
- Candidates should submit the Proper result declaration documents from Board / University at the time of document verification after final selection. The date of passing the examination for eligibility is the date of passing appearing on the mark sheet / provisional certificate.
Some temporary Employees would have worked for a minimum of 85 days or more in a financial year (after 01.06.2008). If they are governed by the LIC (Employment of temporary staff) instructions, 1993, and conform to the LIC Assistant eligibility notification 2020, they can also apply. Also, the relaxation in upper age limit is applicable.
Some temporary Employees would have worked for a minimum period of 85 days or more in any two consecutive calendar years. If they are governed by the LIC (Employment of temporary staff) instructions, 1993, and conform to the LIC Assistant eligibility notification 2020, for a regular appointment and are covered by the Orders / Award relating to age relaxation, they can also apply.
Such candidates should submit his/her temporary employment proof in the original at the time of document verification.
Get More – LIC Assistant Free Mock Test
Reservation for PwBD Candidates:
As per the “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, LIC has provided a 4% horizontal reservation in the LIC Assistant 2020 vacancies. The persons of the following categories of disabilities can also apply. So if you satisfy the LIC Assistant eligibility 2020 norms as per these conditions, you can apply for the exam in the PwBD category.
- Locomotor Disability (LD): As per the Schedule of RPWD Act, 2016, Persons with a disability of one leg or one arm, one leg and one arm, Cerebral palsy, Leprosy cured person, muscular dystrophy, Acid attack victim, and dwarfism, will come under the Locomotor Disability (LD) category, provided their independent mobility is not affected.
- Visual Impairment (VD): As per the Schedule of RPWD Act, 2016, persons with Visual impairment are also eligible to apply. They will come under the Visual Impairment (VD) category.
- Hearing Impairment (HD): As per the Schedule of RPWD Act, 2016, persons with “deaf” and “hard of hearing” disability are also eligible to apply. They will come under the Hearing Impairment (HD) category.
- Intellectual Disability (ID): As per the Schedule of RPWD Act, 2016, persons with intellectual disabilities are also eligible to apply. They will come under the Intellectual Disability (ID) category.
- Multiple Disabilities (MD): As per the Schedule of RPWD Act, 2016, persons with more than one of the above-mentioned disabilities are also eligible to apply. They will come under the Multiple Disabilities (MD) category.
Only candidates with benchmark disabilities as per section 2(r) of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 are eligible for the PwBD reservation. If you want to get the benefit of a PwBD reservation, you have to submit the disability certificate issued by a Competent Authority as prescribed in RPwD Act, 2016. Such a certificate may subject into verification as per LIC. So read the norms of LIC Assistant eligibility 2020 notification and apply in a proper way if you seek a PwBD reservation.
Guidelines for PwBD Candidates using a Scribe:
(I) The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed is affected permanently for any reason can use their own scribe. They should arrange scribe at their cost during the online exam (Prelims & Main). In the case of using a scribe as per the LIC Assistant scribe eligibility, the following rules will apply:
- The candidate will have to arrange his/her own scribe at his/her own cost.
- The scribe should not be a candidate for the same exam. If any candidate violates this rule at any stage of the process, the authority will cancel the candidature of both the candidate and the scribe.
- Candidates eligible for using a scribe in the exam should indicate the same in the online application form. If you have not mentioned it in the form, then you cannot use the services of the scribe.
- A person appearing as a scribe for one candidate cannot appear as a scribe for another candidate.
- Any current Ex-employee of LIC of India should not appear as a scribe.
- The scribe may be from any stream of education.
- Both the candidate and the scribe should give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria as per the LIC Assistant scribe eligibility 2020 norms. Further, in case he/she did not fulfill the standard eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts, the authority will cancel the candidature of the applicant, irrespective of the result of the online exam.
- Those candidates who use a scribe are eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination. Only candidates who registered for compensatory time will get such concessions since compensatory time given to candidates is system-based. If candidates not registered for the compensatory time then they cannot get such concessions.
(II) Guidelines for Candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy
As per the LIC Assistant scribe eligibility, a compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour or otherwise advised is applicable permitted for the candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy. In this case, the dominant (writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment).
(III) Guidelines for Visually Impaired candidates
Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in the magnified font. All such candidates are eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of examination, as per the LIC Assistant 2020 scribe eligibility. The facility of viewing the contents of the test in the magnifying font are not available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
(IV) Guidelines for candidates with Intellectual Disability
As per the LIC Assistant scribe eligibility, a Compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour of examination, either availing the services of a scribe or not, are permitted to the candidates with more than 40% Intellectual Disability and Multiple disabilities.
Note: These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines/clarifications, if any, from time to time.
Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination
The candidates who appear in the final merit list will have to undergo the Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination. You have to secure a certificate for being medically fit. If you are found medically unfit, you will not obtain the appointment order, as per the rules of the LIC Assistant 2020 eligibility notification.
Pre-exam Training for OBC / SC / ST / PWBD candidates
As per the LIC Assistant eligibility 2020, the certain category candidates are SC / ST / OBC / PwBD candidates who wish to avail the benefit of pre-examination training can register their name and other details with the P&IR Department of Divisional Office after submission of the online application. The names may get registered till three days after the last date of submitting the application. The Divisional Office will inform the registered candidates, the date and venue of the training. Such candidates would have to attend the training at their own cost of the appointed dates and at the venue advised to them.
So candidates before starting to apply for the recruitment, know complete details of LIC Assistant eligibility criteria 2020. So that you can avail of the standard relaxation benefits as per the rules.
Here we have added some FAQs related to the LIC Assistant post eligibility 2020 topic.
Q: What is the age limit to apply for the LIC Assistant 2020 recruitment?
A: The minimum age is 18 years (Completed), and the maximum age should not be more than 30 years.
Q: What is the age relaxation for SC / ST candidates in LIC Assistant recruitment?
A: As per the LIC assistant eligibility notification 2020, the age relaxation for the SC / ST candidates is 5 years.
Q: What is the age relaxation for OBC candidates in LIC Assistant recruitment?
A: For OBC candidates, age relaxation is applicable for 3 years.
Q: What is the minimum educational qualification for the LIC Assistant 2020 recruitment?
A: The minimum educational qualification is a Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 pattern) from any discipline from a government recognized Indian Institution / University.
Q: I am a 31 years old OBC candidate. Am I eligible for the LIC Assistant 2020 recruitment?
A: Yes, as per the age relaxation rules of the LIC Assistant 2020 eligibility notification, you are eligible to apply.
Q: What is the age relaxation for confirmed LIC employee candidates in LIC Assistant recruitment?
A: For them, further relaxation of 5 years is applicable.