LIC Assistant Exam Pattern: Life insurance corporation recruits for the post of assistants from time to time. Candidates to aspire for this job must know about each and every detail regarding this exam. In this blog, we will provide you with information about LIC Assistant Exam Pattern. It will include both LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Patttern & LIC Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
LIC Assistant Exam Pattern – Selection Process
Selection of LIC Assistant will be done through a two-tier examination process which is Prelims and Mains. Candidates who qualify both of these rounds are then called for Pre-recruitment Medical examination. This is the last stage which also marks your selection as LIC Assistant. Before getting into the details of LIC Assistant, let’s look at the LIC Assistant Exam Pattern:
Phase 1 – LIC Assistant Prelims Exam
Phase 2 – LIC Assistant Mains Exam
Phase 3 – Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination
LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern
|S.N.||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English Language / Hindi Language||30||30||20 minutes|
Points to note-
- The LIC Assistant preliminary examination will be conducted in online mode
- Total duration of the examination is 1 hour or 60 minutes.
- It consists of 3 sections with a total of 100 questions and maximum score of 100 marks.
- There will be no negative marking in LIC Assistant prelims exam.
- As per LIC Assistant Exam Pattern, English/Hindi Language test will be of qualifying nature and marks in the Language section will not be counted for ranking.
LIC Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
The main examination will consist of objective tests for 200 marks. The objective test will be online. The objective test will have separate timing for every section. The Pattern for Mains Exam of LIC Assistant is two types:
|S.No.||Sections||No. of Ques||Total Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability& Computer Aptitude||40||40||14||16||30 min|
|2.||General/ Financial Awareness||40||40||14||16||30 min|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||14||16||30 min|
|4.||English Language||40||40||14||16||30 min|
|5.||Hindi Language||40||40||14||16||30 min|
|Total||200||200||2 h 30 min|
|No.||Sections||No. of Ques||Total Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||60||60||22||24||40 min|
|2.||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||18||16||35 min|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||18||20||40 min|
|4.||English Language||40||40||14||16||35 min|
|Total||200||200||2 h 30 min|
Points to note-
- As per LIC Assistant Exam Pattern, Main examination will consist of objective tests for 200 marks.
- The objective test will be conducted in online mode. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- Qualification of Preliminary exam is essential to appear for the Mains Exam. However, the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase I) will not be taken into account with Mains for preparing the merit list and final selection will be based on the marks obtained by a candidate in Main Examination (Phase II) only.
- As per LIC Assistant Exam Pattern, There will be negative marks of ¼ marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests for the main examination
Detailed LIC Assistant Syllabus
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||General/Financial Awareness||English/Hindi Language|
|Statement based Questions,||Data Interpretation||Recent credit and monetary policies||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Time and Work||Indian Economy||Sentence Arrangement|
|Seating Arrangement||Speed, Distance and Time||Overview of the Indian Financial System||Cloze Test|
|Coding-Decoding||Number Series||Current Affairs||Error Spotting|
|Alpha-Numeric Sequence||Approximation||National and International Matters||Sentence Improvement|
|Puzzles||Simple Interest and Compound Interest||Currency and Capital,||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Seating Arrangement||Profit and Loss||Awards and Honors,||Phrases|
|Blood Relation||Average||General History||Elementary Grammar|
|Analogy||Mixture and Allegations||Geography|
|Odd One Out||Biology and Applied Science|
LIC Assistant Exam Pattern FAQs
Q. How many sections does the LIC Assistant prelims exam contain?
A. As per LIC Assistant Exam Pattern, The LIC Assistant prelims exam contains 3 sections- quantitative aptitude, reasoning and english/hindi section.
Q. Are the marks obtained in the English/Hindi Language test of prelims counted for ranking?
A. English/Hindi Language test will be of qualifying nature and marks in the Language section will not be counted for ranking.
Q.Is the negative marking applicable in the LIC Assistant prelims exam?
A. No, LIC Assistant Exam Pattern mentions that there is no negative marking applicable in the LIC Assistant prelims exam.