LIC Assistant Preparation: LIC releases the recruitment notification to recruit candidates for the post of LIC Assistant in various branches and offices of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) across India. LIC had released a huge notification of 8500 Assistant posts in the year 2019. This year everything has been delayed due to the pandemic. However, it is expected that LIC may come up with the recruitment notification of Assistant in the next year.
Candidates must start their preparation without waiting for the release of the official notification from the LIC because LIC can take exams in a very short period of time after the release of the notification.
In this article, we will discuss the complete preparation strategy which you should follow during your LIC Assistant preparation. You can also refer to the tips mentioned in this article and prepare your strategy according to your convenience.
LIC Assistant Exam Pattern
Before we get into the LIC Assistant preparation we must clearly understand the exam pattern of this exam. With the help of exam pattern, we will be able to understand the exam requirements and then we can plan our strategy accordingly.
Prelims Exam Pattern
|Sections||No of Questions||Max Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||English & Hindi||20 Min|
|30||30||English or Hindi||20 Min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English & Hindi||20 Min|
Note: The English Language exam is qualifying in nature and the marks of the English Language section will not be counted to prepare the merit list.
Mains Exam Pattern
Main Exam Pattern (North, West, Central, East Central, North Central Divisions)
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||30 minutes|
|General English||40||40||English||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||English & Hindi||30 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||40||40||English & Hindi||30 minutes|
|Hindi Language||40||40||Hindi||30 Minutes|
|Total||200||200||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
- There will be no Hindi Language section for the East, South and South Central Divisions.
- For these divisions, General/Financial Awareness will be of 50 marks, Quantitative Aptitude 50 marks & Reasoning ability will be of 60 marks respectively.
- Every section will have a minimum cut off which is compulsory to clear in order to clear to mains exam.
LIC Assistant Syllabus
The next important part of your LIC Assistant preparation after the understanding the exam pattern is to know the syllabus for each section that will be asked in the prelims and mains exam. Let us take an overview of the syllabus that needs to be covered during the LIC Assistant preparation.
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
Statement based Questions, Series, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, Coding-Decoding, Alpha Numeric Series, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relation, Analogy, Odd One Out
Data Interpretation, Time and Work, Speed, Distance and Time, Number Series, Approximation, Simple Interest, and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Average, Mixture, and Allegations
Recent credit and monetary policies, Indian Economy, Overview of Indian Financial System, Current Affairs, National and International Matters, Currency and Capital, Awards and Honors, General History, Geography, Biology, and Applied Science
Reading Comprehension, Sentence Arrangement, Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Sentence Improvement, Synonyms-Antonyms, Phrases, Elementary Grammar
हिंदी व्याकरण पर आधारित प्रश्न, वाक्य सुधार, त्रुटी चयन, गद्यांश में रिक्त स्थानों की पूर्ति, पाठ बोधन, पर्यायवाची/विलोमार्थी, अकार्थी शब्द
LIC Assistant Preparation – Section-wise Strategy
Quantitative aptitude is a very important section not only for the LIC Assistant exam but also for many other competitive exams. Therefore, Quantitative Aptitude must be given special weightage during the LIC Assistant preparation. Candidates must follow some tips mentioned below during their LIC Assistant preparation.
- Focus on your calculation speed. Candidates must take out some time daily to practice calculation.
- Learn and revise Tables up to 20, Squares up to 40, Cubes up to 20, Percentage to fractions conversions and vice- versa.
- Solve some DI questions daily.
- Try to each chapter from the basics.
- Do not run after shortcuts from the beginning, try to cover basics first and then look for shortcuts wherever necessary.
- Attempt sectional mocks to increase your speed.
- Find out weak areas from the mocks and improve on that.
- Practicing a lot of question is the only way to ace this section.
Reasoning Ability & Computer Awareness
It is such a section which cannot be covered in a very short span of time. Even if you cover the basics still you cannot clear this section without a large amount of practice. So, you should give proper time to reasoning section during your LIC Assistant preparation. Refer to some of the tips for the reasoning section below which you can follow during your LIC Assistant preparation.
- Firstly, Clear the basic concepts for each topic.
- Attempt basic level puzzles at the start and then move on to attempting higher level puzzles.
- Solve 4-5 puzzles daily in order to attain speed and accuracy in this section.
- Attempt more sectional tests to know your weak areas and improve on those weak areas.
This is a very important section in the mains exam of not only the LIC exams but also many other banking exams. This is one such section which requires daily attention in order to cover the current affairs part. So make sure to give some time daily to cover the current affairs section during your LIC Assistant preparation. Below are points to be noted during your LIC Assistant preparation of the General/Financial Awareness section.
- Cover the basic banking terminologies.
- Focus on topics and terms related to Insurance.
- Current Affairs is the major part of this section, so try to cover daily current affairs.
- Try to make a note of daily important current affairs.
Candidates must take note of the following points during their LIC Assistant preparation.
- Try to read something daily which will help you improve your comprehension skills.
- Attempt daily quizzes.
- Cover the concepts of grammar and try to attempt some questions and quizzes regularly.
- Learn some new words daily in order to increase your vocabulary part during your LIC Assistant preparation.
So these are some of the section-wise tips which you must follow during your LIC Assistant preparation.
LIC Assistant Preparation – Important Tips
- Make a proper time table for your LIC Assistant preparation and stick to it.
- Try to make out some time daily for your LIC Assistant preparation even it is for 1 or 2 hours.
- Don’t miss on daily current affairs.
- Speed is a major factor in every banking exam so focus on increasing your speed.
- Attempt Mock Tests regularly in order to understand the areas which need improvement.
- Revision is the most important part of your LIC Assistant preparation so try to revise regularly those topics which have covered earlier.
- Prepare for prelims and mains exam simultaneously.
- Attempt previous year papers to understand the type of questions that are mostly asked in the LIC Assistant exam.
- Always stick to the syllabus.
That’s all from this blog. Hope you find the LIC Assistant preparation strategy and tips useful which will help you in your preparation.
LIC Assistant Preparation FAQs
Q: How can improve in my quants section?
A: Quants section can only be improved by a lot of practice after covering the basics from the right resources.
Q: From when should I start giving mock tests?
A: After you have covered the basics and practised some amount of questions from each topic then you should start giving mock tests.
Q: How many mock tests should I give?
A: After you have covered the syllabus, you should giving 3-4 mock tests a week.
Q: Is giving mock tests enough to clear the LIC Assistant exam?
A: No, merely giving mock tests will be of no use unless you start analysing your mock tests and work on your weak areas.
Q: Is covering current affairs important during LIC Assistant preparation?
A: Yes, current affairs is a very important part of the General awareness section and it should not be ignored.