Today we provide with you the topic of International airports in India. This is one of the most important static GK topics for all competitive exams. Most probably you will have one or two questions from the International airports in India topic.
Dear Spartans, generally for every competitive exam everyone has been preparing sections like Aptitude, Reasoning, English and General Awareness. In an exam point of view, the general awareness section is the easiest way to score good marks compared to the other sections. So if you prepare well this topic means surely you will get 1 mark from International airports in India.
This is the time to recollect your skill in the General Knowledge section.
Important points about Airport Authority of India
- International Airports in India and domestic airports in India are administered by Airport Authority of India (AAI).
- Airport Authority of India (AAI) is controlled by the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- AAI is responsible for managing, upgrading and maintaining the civil aviation infrastructure in India.
- AAI provides service of Air Traffic Management in Indian airspace locations.
- Airport Authority of India not only controlling the International and domestic airports it also controls the Customs airports and Civil enclaves at military bases.
- Hardeep Singh Puri is the Minister of Civil Aviation in India.
Key people of Airport Authority of India:
- Chairman of AAI – Arvind Singh
- Director General of Civil Aviation – Arun Kumar
- Joint Secretary – Rubina Ali
Training facilities provided by AAI:
AAI established four training facilities. They are
- The Civil Aviation Training College (CATC) at Allahabad.
- National Institute of Aviation Management and research (NIAMAR) at Delhi.
- Fire Training Centre (FTC) is at Kolkata and Delhi.
- Regional Training Centre at each Regional Headquarter.
Important points about International Airports in India:
- In India, there are 34 International Airports in India.
- International Airports in India provides commercial service between two countries.
- International Airports in India having more facilities compared to domestic airport.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) is the largest International Airports in India constructed in 5,495 acres.
- IGI is the busiest airport in India.
- Half of the Air traffic in India has been taken by the Indira Gandhi International Airport and Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
- Maharashtra state having a large number of airport compared to other states. Maharashtra having 9 operational airports in India.
- Cochin International Airport is India’s 1st airport developed under Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- Juhu Aerodrome is the first airport in India founded in 1928 at Mumbai. It is India’s oldest airport.
- Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Ladakh is the most beautiful airport in India. It is one of the highest Commercial airports in the world at 3,256m.
- Lengpui Airport, Mizoram is India’s smallest airport.
International Airports in India
|Name of the Airport||Location||State/Union Territory|
|Veer Savarkar International Airport||Port Blair||Andaman and Nicobar Island|
|Visakhapatnam International Airport||Visakhapatnam||Andhra Pradesh|
|Rajiv Gandhi International Airport||Hyderabad||Telanagana|
|Lokpriya Gopinath Bardoloi International Airport||Guwahati||Assam|
|Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport||Patna||Bihar|
|International Airport of Chandigarh||Chandigarh||Chandigarh|
|Swami Vivekananda International Airport||Raipur||Chhattisgarh|
|Indira Gandhi International Airport||New Delhi||Delhi|
|Dabolim International Airport||Goa||Goa|
|Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport||Ahmedabad||Gujarat|
|Surat International Airport||Surat||Gujarat|
|Sheikhul Aalam International Airport||Srinagar||Jammu & Kashmir|
|KempeGowda International Airport||Bangaluru||Karnataka|
|Mangalore International Airport||Mangalore||Karnataka|
|Cochin International Airport||Kochi||Kerala|
|Calicut International Airport||Kozhikode||Kerala|
|Kannur International Airport||Kannur||Kerala|
|Trivandrum International Airport||Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala|
|Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport||Indore||Madhya Pradesh|
|Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport||Mumbai||Maharashtra|
|Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport||Nagpur||Maharashtra|
|Pune International Airport||Pune||Maharashtra|
|Bir Tikendrajit Airport||Imphal||Manipur|
|Biju Patnaik International Airport||Bhubaneshwar||Odisha|
|Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport||Amritsar||Punjab|
|Jaipur International Airport||Jaipur||Rajasthan|
|Chennai International Airport||Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|Coimbatore International Airport||Coimbatore||Tamil Nadu|
|Madurai International Airport||Madurai||Tamil Nadu|
|Tiruchirapalli International Airport||Tiruchirapalli||Tamil Nadu|
|Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport||Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|Bagdogra International Airport||Siliguri||West Bengal|
|Netaji Subash Chandra Bose International Airport||Kolkata||West Bengal|
From the above mentioned you clearly understood about the administration of the Airport Authority of India and International Airports in India. You can also get the knowledge about the International Airports in India.
So kindly utilize this free international airports in India article and boost up your knowledge and get good marks in your exams.
A Trick to Remember – Important Airports in India
Dear Readers, Remembering things are more difficult. To increase the chances of remembering we have provided some tricks here. Hope it will be more useful to you to crack your competitive exam. Find a List of Important Airports in India along with short memory tricks.
Important Airport in India
Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport,
Lalitha is watching Bahubali with Uttara
i)Choudhary Charan Singh
ii) International Airport
Choudhar is married to Amausi in UP
Subhash Chandra Bose Airport (DumDum Airport)
Subhash eats Dhum Dhum briyani in Bengali restaurant
Anna (Meenambkam) International Airport
Tamil and Meena going toAnna park
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
Sardar is a badboy (Bhai) in Gujarat
Calicut International Airport
Aranmula is cutting kerala fish
Aranmula International Airport
Kamapagowada International Airport
Kamapa going to home by car(kar)
Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport
baba is bet with Maha for shivaji film
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
Indira Gandhi International Airport
Indira bought a New car
GuruRam dasji (Rajasansi) International Airport
Gururam give a punch on Raja’s face
Devi Ahiyabai Holkar International Airport
Rajadevi dreams to become a MP
Raja Bhoj International Airport
Veer Savarkar International Airport
Andaman Nicober Islands
Sehwag (Savark) is batsman of Andaman
Rajeev Gandhi International Airport
Rajeev is a Talent person
Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
All Cooks Assembled with Gopimanchurian
Loknayak Jai Prakash Narayan International Airport
Bihar minister Prakash is a member of Loksabha
Agathi is crying weep
Swami Vivekananda Airport
Vivekananda is a role model of Chattis
Uttra is a Grandmother of Jollian
Tips to Prepare GK & Current Affairs
If you are good note taker then preparing GK and Current Affairs will be so simple. Yes, taking short notes will use to recall while the last minute preparation. Current Affairs & General awareness are popular topics for all competitive exams. Also, it is one of the most rewarding section to score maximum. Find some important hints that keep it in your mind while preparing those topics.
Internet revolution opened many resources in your doorstep. Lakhs of quality e-books are available online for the candidates who are looking for stranded e-books. Utilize the resources around you. E-Books are user-friendly also can do the quick revision.
Follow the NewsPapers:
It is a traditional way of preparation but still, it works. Follow some standard Newspapers it will help you to be updated on trending topics across the Globe.
Daily keep the short notes on your dairy while preparing for the competitive exam. it will help you when you want to recall.