List of French Open 2020 Winners
Lawn tennis is one of the most competitive sports that is celebrated at the international level. The tournament venue of lawn tennis is filled with thousands of spectators. It is one of the most crucial topics asked in almost every national level competitive examination in the general awareness section.
Candidates preparing for the examinations like banking, SSC, RRB, AFCAT, etc are advised to read the article to remember the updated list of winners of french open. Along with the list of winners take a look at the list of important tournaments and their peculiar features.
Every year grand slams are conducted on a large scale. The prestigious grand slams include four tournaments as mentioned below:
- Wimbledon: It is played on grass courts and is generally conducted from June to July. Wimbledon will be conducted in England from June 28 to July 11, 2021.
- US Open: The game is played on hard courts and is generally conducted from August to September. The US open 2020 was conducted in new york from 24 Aug 2020 – 6 Sep 2020. Dominic Thiem and Naomi Osaka were the winners of US open men’s and women’s singles respectively.
- Australian Open: It is usually conducted in mid-January and played on hard courts. This year the tournament was conducted between 20th January to 2nd February. The men’s singles were bagged by Novak Djokovic and women’s single by Sofia Kenin
- French Open: French Open was conducted for the first time in 1891. It is also known as Roland Garros and is conducted between late May to early June. The french open is the only tournament played on clay court. Rafael Nadal won the men’s singles and Poland’s Iga Swiatek won the women’s singles.
In this article, we will lay emphasis on the detailed list of french open 2020 winners for your reference.
In the year 2020, the 124th edition of the French Open was conducted at Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. Due to the prevalent covid-19 pandemic, the tournament was rescheduled two times. Earlier the matches were scheduled to be conducted between 24th May and 7th June 2020. The postponed dates were from 20th September to 4th October 2020. Later the tournament started on 27th September 2020 and concluded on 11th October 2020. This was the last tennis tournament conducted in 2020.
Complete List of French Open 2020 winners:
|1.||Men’s Singles||Rafael Nadal||Novak Djokovic|
|2.||Women’s Singles||Iga Swiatek||Sofia Kenin|
|3.||Men’s Doubles||Andreas Mies and Kevin Krawietz||Bruno Soares and Mate Pavić|
|4.||Women’s Doubles||Kristina Mladenovic and Tímea Babos||Desirae Krawczyk and Alexa Guarachi|
Take a look at the complete list of winners in French open 2019:
|1.||Men’s Singles||Rafael Nadal||Dominic Thiem|
|2.||Women’s Singles||Ashleigh Barty||Marketa Vondrousova|
|3.||Men’s Doubles||Andreas Mies and Kevin Krawietz||Jeremy Chardy and Fabrice Martin|
|4.||Women’s Doubles||Kristina Mladenovic and Tímea Babos||Duan Yingying and Zheng Saisai|
|5.||Mixed Doubles||Latisha Chan and Ivan Dodig||Mate Pavic and Gabriela Dabrowski|
Important Points Regarding French Open
- H.Briggs was the first winner of the French open conducted in 1891.
- The court type was changed from sand to clay in 1907.
- The mixed doubles and women’s double events were added in the year 1902 and 1907 respectively.
- The winner of the French Open gets prize money of €42,661,000.
- The men’s singles are awarded the Coupe des Mousquetaires and women champions receive Coupe Suzanne Lenglen.
- Rafael Nadal is the winner of most men’s singles titles i.e 13 titles.