Dear candidates, we have listed the important awards and honours in September 2019. It will be worthy for you to take a look at awards and honours covering all the topics in a single space. We have listed the important awards and honours given in the banking sector, government sector, arts, science, sports, private sector, international awards, etc. The candidates who are preparing for bank PO/clerk, SSC, TNPSC group exams, railways and other competitive exams can make use of this important awards and honours in September 2019 listed in our website any time.
Here you can check the list of important awards and honours in September 2019 below;
Awards and Honors in September Month
|1.||PM Modi||‘Global Goalkeeper Award’ by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for Swachch Bharat Abhiyaan|
|2.||John Mondal||CSIR Young Scientist Award 2019 in the field of Chemical Sciences(cash prize of ₹50,000 and a plaque)|
|3.||Muhammad Yunus (Bangladesh Professor)||‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ award by the Vatican(for his contribution towards establishing peace and harmony)|
|4.||LataMangeshkar||Daughter of the Nation title ( on her 90th birthday )|
|5.||Pradeep Dash (Odia writer)||40thSaralaPuraskar Award for his poetry work CharuChibar O Charjya (cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and a citation)|
|6.||PanditHarmohanKhuntia||‘Ila Panda SangeetSamman’ (cash award of Rs 1,50,000)|
|7.||Lalat Mohan Patnaik||‘Ila Panda ChitrakalaSamman’ (cash award of Rs 1,50,000)|
|8.||Geoffrey Boycott & Andrew Strauss (England cricketer)||Knighthood Award by Theresa May|
|9.||Navdeep Singh Suri (outgoing Indian Ambassador to the UAE)||Order of Zayed II|
|10.||UshaKhanna||“LataMangeshkar Award” for 2019-2020 by Maharashtra government (cash reward of Rs 500,000,)|
|11.||Chhaya Sharma (IPS officer)||2019 Asia Society Game Changers Award(for redefining the role of female police officers)|
|12.||Sheikh Hasina(Bangladesh PM)||Dr KalamSmriti International Excellence Award 2019|
|13.||Anand Kumar (Super 30 founder and mathematician)||Education Excellence Award 2019 by Foundation For Excellence|
|14.||Ravish Kumar||First GauriLankesh Memorial Award (cash reward of Rs 1 lakh)|
|15.||Amitabh Bachchan||Dada SahabPhalke award (Swarna Kamal (Golden Lotus), a shawl and a cash prize of Rs. 10,00,000)|
|16.||Pooja Desai (from Vadodara)||Mrs. India – Pride of Nation 2019 and Mrs. India – Most Beautiful HairEvent organized by Glamour Gurgaon|
|17.||Adam Harper (Mathematician)||SASTRA Ramanujan prize for 2019 (carries a citation and an award of $10,000)|
|18.||PayalJangid (17-year-old girl from Rajasthan)||Changemaker Award from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation|
|19.||PT Usha||International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Veteran Pin Award|
|20.||Journalist Paolo Borrometi (Italy)||2019 Peter Mackler Award for Mafia Coverage in Italy|
|21.||Infosys||United Nations Global Climate Action Award in the ‘Climate Neutral Now’ category|
|22.||Dr. G.B. Deglurkar (Archeologist)||Punyabhushan Award|
Cochin International Airport wins international award for passenger satisfaction
- Airport Council International (ACI) has recognised Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) as the best airport in terms of services it offered to passengers
- CIAL was ranked amongst the best airports in the 5-15 million category in the Asia Pacific region for the year 2018 based on annual Airport Service Quality (ASQ) survey conducted by the ACI.
- AAI airport Indore figures in the best airport in 2-5 mn category
- ACI ASQ survey is world-renowned and established airport service quality benchmarking programme measuring passengers’ satisfaction and is designed for airports to understand the importance of monitoring and improving passenger service.
Andhra Pradesh bags top honour at National Tourism Awards
- Andhra Pradesh bagged the top honour at the National Tourism Awards 2017-18.
- A total of 76 awards were given under various categories this year.
- Andhra Pradesh bagged the Best State award for overall growth in tourism category.
- Goa and Madhya Pradesh were the joint winners in the Adventure Tourism category and Uttarakhand won the award for the Best Film Promotion-Friendly State.
- Telangana won the award for the Best State for the innovative use of IT.
CSIR announces the winners of Shanti SwarupBhatnagar prize for 2019
- Twelve scientists from different institutions across the country have been chosen for the prestigious Shanti SwarupBhatnagar prize for 2019.
- The award winners include KayaratSaikrishnan of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune and SoumenBasak of National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi for biological sciences, Raghavan B Sunoj of IIT, Bombay and Tapas Kumar Maji of Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru for chemical sciences, and DishantPancholi of the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, and Nina Gupta of Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata for mathematical sciences.
- The other winners are Dheeraj Kumar of International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi and Mohammad Javed Ali of LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad for medical sciences, AnindaSinha of IISc, Bengaluru, and Shankar Ghosh of TIFR, Mumbai for physical sciences, SubimalGhosh of IIT, Bombay for earth, atmosphere, ocean and planetary sciences, and ManikVarma of Microsoft Research India, Bengaluru for engineering sciences.
- The prize carries a cash component of Rs 5 lakh each. It is awarded annually for outstanding research, both fundamental and applied. It is named after the founder director general of CSIR, Shanti SwarupBhatnagar.
Government of India has instituted ‘Sardar Patel National Unity Award
- The Government has instituted the ‘Sardar Patel National Unity Award ‘ for outstanding contribution by an individual, group or institution for the unity and integrity of India
- The award will be the Highest Civilian Award for contribution to Unity and Integrity of India.
- This highest civilian conferment will be announced on October 31every year on the occasion of the National Unity Day, the day nation celebrates the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel.
- The award shall be conferred by the President with a citation presented by him in a presentation ceremony along with the Padma award ceremony held in RashtrapatiBhawan
- The Award would consist of a medal and a citation. No monetary grant or cash award would be attached to this Award.
- Not more than three Awards would be given in a year. It would not be conferred posthumously except in very rare and highly deserving cases
Documentary Film ‘MotiBagh’ Based on Life of Uttarakhand Farmer Nominated for Oscars
- MotiBagh, A documentary film based on a farmer in Uttarakhand has been nominated for Oscars.
- The documentary film, directed by NirmalChander is based on the life of a farmer called Vidyadutt, who belongs to a remote village in Uttarakhand’sPauriGarhwal region.
- MotiBagh is jointly produced by Doordarshan and Public Service Broadcasting Trust (PSBT). Its runtime is sixty minutes and is a Hindi language film.
Entrepreneur and author KapilPathare honoured with Doctorate in Business from
- KapilPathare, Director of VIP Clothing Ltd, has been presented with an honorary Doctorate in Business from Ballsbridge University for his outstanding contribution to business and entrepreneurship.
- The Well-known Entrepreneur of India’s Iconic Brand ‘VIP Innerwear’ and Author of sports book was honoured with the Global Leaders Award ‘Enterprise Edition 2019’ by MadhurBhandarkar in Dubai in recognition for his achievements in promoting entrepreneurship and small business at the International, National, and Regional level.
Rajnath Singh becomes first RakshaMantri to fly ‘LCA Tejas’
- Rajnath Singh became the first defence minister to fly in the indigenous light combat aircraft Tejas from the HAL airport in Bengaluru
- Tejas is a four-and-half generation light combat aircraft developed by state-run aerospace behemoth Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL). Air Vice Marshal N Tiwari was among the officers who accompanied him to the jet
Gangs OfWasseypur only Indian film in The Guardian’s Best 100 films list
- Filmmaker AnuragKashyap’s cult film Gangs OfWasseypur has become the only Indian film to feature in The Guardian list of 100 Best Films of the 21st century. The film has bagged the 59th position.
- The two-film Gangs Of Wasseypur series was released in 2012, and narrated the saga of a coal mafia family in the town of Wasseypur in Dhanbad district of Jharkhand
Neena Gupta wins two awards at Indian International Film Festival of Boston
- Bollywood actor Neena Gupta registered a double victory at Indian International Film Festival of Boston. The BadhaaiHo actor won Best Actress award while her film The Last Color emerged victorious in Best Feature Film category.The directorial debut of world-renowned chef VikasKhannaThe Last Color deals with taboo surrounding widows in Vrindavan and Varanasi in India.
OSDMA bags IT Excellence Award for SATARK app
- Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) won the IT Excellence Award-2019 for its innovative conception in the field of disaster management.
- OSDMA’s SATARK (System for Assessing, Tracking and Alerting Disaster Risk Information based on Dynamic Risk Knowledge) application has been chosen for the prestigious award.
- The application, both in web and mobile phone, has been developed to provide real time watch, alert and warning information for different hazards like heat wave, lightning, drought, flood monitoring, ocean state information, tsunami risk, earthquake monitoring, cyclone/storm surge, road accident and snakebite monitoring.
- It uses different level of warnings and issues corresponding advisories based on the event scenario. It is available in bilingual form both in Odia and English languages.
Skill India announces Annual Kaushalacharya Awards
- In a bid to motivate and incentivize more trainers to join the Skill India Mission, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) organized KaushalacharyaSamadar 2019 to felicitate trainers from different sectors for exceptional contribution towards creating a future-ready and skilled workforce.
- A total of 53 trainers from diverse backgrounds including experts of WorldSkills Competition winners, trainers from National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs), Industrial Training Centres (ITI), Jan SikshanSansthans (JSS) and trainers from reputed Corporate houses were honored at a gathering of government and industrial experts held on the occasion of Teachers’ Day by Skill India.
- The Ministry also announced the “Kaushalacharya Awards” would be an annual event to recognize the contribution made by skill trainers in the vocational training ecosystem.
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has introduced programs to for effective utilization of capacity and infrastructure across the network of National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs) to achieve greater convergence between long-term and shortterm skill ecosystem.
HRD Ministry awards Institution of Eminence (IoE) status to five public institutes
- The Human Resource Development Ministry has awarded the status of Institute of Eminence to the
IIT-Madras, the IIT-Kharagpur, Delhi University, Benares Hindu University and the University of Hyderabad
- Four private universities – the Vellore Institute of Technology, Amrita VishwaVidyapeetham, JamiaHamdard University and the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology — were issued Letters of Intent to grant them the status
- Each university will be required to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry, laying out its plan to achieve the objective of becoming a world-class institution.
- The public institutions on the list will then be eligible for a government grant of 1,000 crore.
5 Indian women police officers honoured by UN for role in South Sudan
- Five Indian women police officers were honoured by the United Nations for their commendable services in the world body’s mission in South Sudan
- The women officers who were conferred the UN medal were ReenaYadav, Inspector, Chandigarh Police, GopikaJahagirdar, DSP, Maharashtra Police, BharatiSamantray, DSP in the MHA, RaginiKumari, Inspector in the MHA and Kamal Shekhawat, ASP, Rajasthan Police.
- The Indian women police officers received the UN medal at a medal parade in the United Nations Mission in Juba in South Sudan
- The women officers were honoured by the UN for upholding the UN mandate of protection of civilians in conflict-ridden South Sudan.
Bangladesh School project wins Aga Khan Architecture Award
- An innovative project for constructing a floating school for marginalised children in Bangladesh has been awarded the prestigious Aga Khan Architecture Award 2019.
- The award was given away in Kajan, the republic of Tatarstan for the Arcadia Education Project in South Kanarchor of Bangladesh.
- The project involved the construction of a school in an area which is underwater during the monsoon months.
- The architect of the project SaifUlHaque designed a school which remains on the ground during the dry season and floats when the area is submerged in water during monsoon.
- He utilised only local material – bamboo, used tyres and steel drums for constructing the amphibious structure for the school. The workforce and artisans for the project were also drawn locally.
- Aga Khan Foundation lauded the project for its contribution to improve people’s lives, social and economic development, access to education in rural communities and global issues like rising water levels.
Sonu Nigam wins 21st Century Icon Award in UK
- Popular Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam has been honoured with the Magnificent Performing Arts Award at the annual 21st Century Icon Awards in London.
- Nigam was among a host of winners across a range of categories at a gala awards ceremony, devised as a celebration of dynamic entrepreneurs and successful individuals chosen from hundreds of nominations from around the world.
ZoyaAkhtar’s ‘Gully Boy’ is India’s official entry to Oscars 2020
- Director ZoyaAkhtar’s musical dramaGully Boy starring Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt has been selected as India’s official entry to the Academy Awards in the foreign film category for next year.
- India has submitted films for the foreign film category at the Oscars since 1957, a year after the incorporation of the category.
- The award is given annually by the United States Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to a feature-length motion picture produced outside the US that contains primarily non-English dialogue.
Emmy Awards 2019 complete winners’ list
- A list of the winners in key categories for the 71st Emmy Awards, which were handed out in Los Angeles.
|Outstanding Drama Series||Game of Thrones (HBO|
|Outstanding Comedy Series||Fleabag (Amazon)|
|Lead Actor, Drama||Billy Porter for Pose|
|Lead Actress, Drama||Jodie Comer for Killing Eve|
|Lead Actor, Comedy||Bill Hader for Barry|
|Lead Actress, Comedy||Phoebe Waller-Bridge for Fleabag|
|Supporting Actor, Drama||Peter Dinklage for Game of Thrones|
|Supporting Actress, Drama||Julia Garner for Ozark|
|Supporting Actor, Comedy||Tony Shalhoub for The MarvelousMrs.Maisel|
|Supporting Actress, Comedy||Alex Borstein for The MarvelousMrs.Maisel|
|Outstanding Limited Series||Chernobyl (Hbo)|
|Outstanding Television Movie||Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Netflix)|
|Lead Actor, Limited Series Or Movie||Jharrel Jerome, When They See Us|
|Lead Actress, Limited Series Or Movie||Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon|
|Supporting Actor, Limited Series Or Movie||Ben Whishaw, A Very English Scandal|
|Supporting Actress, Limited Series Or Movie||Patricia Arquette, The Act|
|Competition Program||RuPaul’s Drag Race|
|Variety Sketch Series||Saturday Night Live|