Dear Readers, Important Practice Reasoning Questions for SBI PO 2017 Exam was given here with Solutions. Aspirants those who are preparing for SBI PO and all other Competitive examination can use this.
Directions (1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
Twelve friends are sitting in two parallel rows of chairs containing six people each, in such a way that there is equal distance between adjacent persons. In row 1: Dinesh, Vignesh, Rakesh, Charan, Eshwar and Karthik are seated and all of them are facing south. In row 2: Hafiz, Jaypal, Naren, Praveen, Murugan and Arjun are seated and all of them are facing north. Each of them likes different car such as, Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, Tata, Ford, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, Mahindra, Nissan, Skoda and Fiat but not necessarily in the same order. Each of them like different players: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka, Milos Raonic, Kei Nishikori, David Ferrer, Fernando Verdasco, Jack Sock, Dominic Thiem and Pete Sampras. In the given seating arrangement, each member seated in a row faces another member of the other row.
Eshwar, whose favourite player is Milos Raonic sits third to the left of the person who likes Hyundai and not sitting at the extreme ends, Vignesh, who likes Toyota, does not sit at an extreme end of the row. If Eshwar sits at an extreme end then Vignesh doesn’t sit to the immediate right of the one who likes Hyundai. Naren and Hafiz face the persons whose favourite players are Milos Raonic and Stan Wawrinka respectively. There are two persons sitting on the right side of Jaypal, who sits second to the right of the person, whose favourite player is Jack Sock. Jaypal, who likes Tata, faces the immediate neighbour of Dinesh. Dinesh likes Honda. Hafiz sits with the persons who like Tata and Fiat. Karthik faces the person who likes Skoda car and Pete Sampras player but Karthik does not like Hyundai. The one who likes Fiat car doesn’t sit with the one who likes Skoda car. The person, who likes Nissan car, sits second to the right of the person who likes Ford. Praveen does not like Skoda and faces the person, who likes Maruti Suzuki. The person who likes Fernando Verdasco is an immediate neighbour of the person who likes Volkswagen. Rakesh’s favourite player is Andy Murray and he doesn’t sit with Dinesh. Naren does not like Rafael Nadal player. The person, whose favourite player is Roger Federer, faces the person, who sits second to the right of the person, whose favourite player is Stan Wawrinka. The person whose favourite player is David Ferrer does not sit in row 2 and faces the person who likes Dominic Thiem. Murugan faces the person who likes Kei Nishikori. Rakesh doesn’t face the person who likes Ford car. The one who likes Chevrolet sits in Row 2.
1). Who likes the Jack Sock player?
2). The one who likes Kei Nishikori sits third to the right of ______________
3). Which of the following car likes by Hafiz?
4). Which of the following persons sits at the extreme ends of one row?
a) Praveen and Hafiz
b) Murugan and Naren
c) Charan and Karthik
d) Dinesh and Eshwar
e) Praveen and Arjun
5). Which of the following combinations is true?
a) Karthik – Maruti Suzuki – Novak Djokovic
b) Eshwar – Ford – Milos Raonic
c) Naren – Nissan – Stan Wawrinka
d) Vignesh – Toyota – David Ferrer
e) None of these
Directions (6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
The seven foreign banks Deutsche Bank, Doha bank, Barclays Bank, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Royal Bank of Canada, HSBC Bank are having their headquarters in different places namely USA, Canada, China, Japan, Russia, UK and Qatar not in the respective order. And the banks making contract with insurance companies such as New India Assurance, The Oriental Insurance Company, United India Insurance Company, National Insurance Company, Export Credit Guarantee Corporation Of India, General Insurance Corporation and Life Insurance Corporation. The insurance companies are located in different places such as Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Patna not in the respective order.
· Life Insurance Corporation and National Insurance Company are not contact with Canada and UK based banks respectively. Either Deutsche Bank or HSBC Bank likes to contract with United India Insurance Company which is not located in Kolkata and Hyderabad
· The insurance company which located in Mumbai contract with the bank that is located in Japan.
· Royal Bank of Canada contract with Hyderabad based insurance company and is not located in Russia and Canada.
· General Insurance Corporation is Bangalore based insurance company. And Kolkata based insurance company not deals with HSBC Bank and Deutsche Bank.
· USA and China based banks making contract with Delhi and Patna based insurance companies respectively.
· Deutsche Bank is not contracting with the Delhi and Mumbai based insurance companies. Barclays Bank is having headquarters in Qatar.
· Citi Bank do not contract with insurance companies located in Chennai, Mumbai and also General Insurance Corporation Company
· The Mumbai based The Oriental Insurance Company does not contract with Standard Chartered Bank and Doha bank. HSBC Bank which has headquarters in Japan doesn’t contract with Chennai based New India Assurance company. General Insurance Corporation will contract with Qatar based bank.
· Chennai based insurance company making contract with Standard Chartered Bank which not have headquarters in Canada and UK
· Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India is not located in Patna and Kolkata and makes deal with Doha bank Company
6). Which of the following bank headquarters located in Russia?
a) HSBC Bank
b) Barclays Bank
c) Royal Bank of Canada
d) Doha bank
e) Standard Chartered Bank
7). Citi Bank Contract with which of the following insurance company?
a) Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India
b) National Insurance Company
c) United India Insurance Company
d) Life Insurance Corporation
e) New India Assurance
8). The Oriental Insurance Company contract with which of the following banks?
a) Barclays Bank
b) Royal Bank of Canada
c) Standard Chartered Bank
d) HSBC Bank
e) Doha bank
9). If ‘Deutsche Bank’ is related to ‘Kolkata’, ‘Citi Bank’ is related to ‘Hyderabad’, then which following is ‘Royal Bank of Canada’ related to?
10). Which of the following combinations is true?
a) Doha Bank – Russia – Export Credit Guarantee Corporation Of India – Chennai
b) Deutsche Bank – Japan – The Oriental Insurance Company – Mumbai
c) Citi Bank – Canada – National Insurance Company – Kolkata
d) Standard Chartered Bank – USA – New India Assurance – Delhi
e) None of these
Explanation With Answer Key:
Directions (Q. 1-5):
1). Answer: a)
2). Answer: c)
3). Answer: d)
4). Answer: e)
5). Answer: d)
Directions (Q. 6-10):
6). Answer: e)
7). Answer: b)
8). Answer: d)
9). Answer: a)
10). Answer: c)