NIACL Assistant Preparation: The New India Assurance Company Ltd. released the notification for the post of assistant every year. The competition is very high in this exam and a large number of the candidate appears for this exam. So the how you are preparing for the exam is very crucial. In this blog, we are sharing the whole NIACL Assistant preparation strategy and tips.
For the right NIACL assistant preparation, there are few things you need to keep in mind are the exam syllabus, exam pattern, study material, and your study plan. We ensure that we will cover everything in this article. So, before we get into the NIACL Assistant preparation let’s check the NIACL Assistant exam pattern.
NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern:
The NIACL Assistant exam is conducted in two-phase, the Prelims, and the Mains exam. The Prelims exam is of 60 minutes and has three sections Reasoning Ability, Numerical Ability, and English Language. You will be called for the mains exam after qualifying for the prelims exam. The mains exam duration is 120 minutes and five sections are asked.
Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern:
In the prelims exam, three sections are asked with sectional timing of 20 minutes. A total of 100 questions are asked in the exam of 100 marks. A total of 35 questions are from each reasoning ability and Numerical ability and 30 questions are of English Language.
|Sr. No.||Paper||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|3||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
NIACL Assistant Mains Exam Pattern:
|Sr. No.||Paper||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
120 minutes of composite time
Exam Syllabus NIACL Assistant:
|Reasoning Ability||Numerical Ability||English Language||General Awareness||Computer Knowledge|
Number system & Approximation
|Grammar Rules –Noun, Pronoun, Adjective and Adverb, Preposition, Conjunctions, etc.||
Current affairs National & International
Fundamentals of Computer
|Analogy and classification||Surds & Indices||Vocabulary||Sports News||Computer Software
|Syllogism||Quadratic equations||Reading Comprehension||New Appointments & Demise||Computer Hardware
|Numerical and Alphabetical Series||Number Series missing & wrong||Close test||Awards and honors||Computer Abbreviation
|Direction and distance||Percentage||Para-jumble||Science and Technology||Keyboard Shortcuts
|Blood Relation||Profit & Loss||Spotting Error||Current & All related Insurance News and policies||Logic Gates
|Seating Arrangement Linear and Circular||Ratio & Proportion||Idioms & Phrases||History and Geography||Internet
|Input-Output||Problems on Age||Active Passive Voice||Indian Economic news||Generations of computer|
|Speed, time & distance||Indian Polity and Constitutions||Application & System software|
|Problems on train||New Committees||Latest computer-related news or research.|
|Data Interpretation||Budget and five year Plan||Computer Extensions.|
|Data Sufficiency||IP address|
|Time and work||Windows Operating System|
|Simple and Compound Interest|
|Boats and Streams|
NIACL Assistant Preparation Books:
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali|
|Practice Book on Quicker Maths by M Tyra And K Kundan|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma|
|Objective General English- SP Bakshi|
|General English – Lucent Publications|
|Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis|
|Manorama Year Book- Philip Mathew|
|Current Affairs Yearly book- Arihant Experts|
|Computer Knowledge||Objective Computer Awareness-R Pillai|
|Computer Knowledge by- Sikha Agarwal|
|Computer Fundamentals- Anita Goel, Pearson|
NIACL Assistant Preparation Tips and Strategy:
For the NIACL Assistant preparation of both prelims and mains exam, the few things you need to follow is how you are preparing and from where you are preparing, what study material we are choosing. The most crucial thing during the NIACL Assistant preparation which you have to follow is to clear the basic concepts of all the subjects like formulas and methods in numerical ability, short tricks for fast calculation. Tricks and concepts in reasoning ability. Grammar rules, tenses, etc. in the English Language. Practice all the chapters individually to solve examples.
- Clear Basic concepts: clear basic concepts of every subject and solve questions on each and every topic. During exam some time to confuse you the language of the question is jumbled. If your basic concepts are clear you will be able to solve even the difficult and tricky questions.
- Time Management: During the whole NIACL Assistant preparation time management plays a crucial role. You all are aware that every exam time plays an important role in your selection in the exam. In every exam, you have only limited time to solve questions. Only those candidate get selected in any competition who intelligently manage their time. So when you solve questions or practice them do take care of how much time you are taking while solving any question in every subject. Do not waste time on one question during the exam.
- Short Tricks: With the knowledge of basic concepts you must learn the short tricks for numerical ability and reasoning ability. Short tricks help you solving questions in less time so that you can attempt maximum questions in NIACL Exam.
- Previous Year Question Paper: Solving the previous year question paper is very important as it helps you aware of what is the difficulty level of the exam. You will get an idea of what kind of questions are asked in the assistant exam.
- Practice Questions: when you clear the basic concepts of chapters, practice questions on each chapter and solve quizzes as much as possible. Only maximum practice helps you attain maximum marks in the exam.
- Accuracy and Speed: During the exam, it’s very important what you are attempting is right and accurate. There is negative marking in almost every exam so the questions you are attempting must be right. Do not attempt any question in which you are not sure. Speed also plays an important role in the exam. So even if you are practicing do take care of speed and accuracy both.
- Strong and Weak areas: Find your weak and strong areas of every subject. Focus more on the weak areas pay extra time to them. Attempt those questions first in which you are strong and then those in which you are weak.
- Mock Test: Attempt mock tests on a daily basis. It’s very important for today’s competitive world. It will give the feel of the exam before the exam, help you analyze your performance.
- Analyze Performance: Analysing your performance is very important. After attempting a mock test it’s very important that you must analyze your performance. Find your weak and strong areas. Find and solve questions you were not able to attempt during the test.
NIACL Assistant Exam FAQs:
Q. From where I can prepare computer knowledge for NIACL Assistant?
A. You can prepare computer knowledge from, Objective Computer Awareness-R Pillai, Computer Knowledge by- Sikha Agarwal, and Computer knowledge by Lucent’s publications.
Q. Where I can apply for the NIACL Assistant exam 2020?
A. You can apply for the assistant exam from the official website-www.newindia.co.in.
Q. Name any books for NIACL Assistant reasoning preparation?
A. Some books are, A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal, A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali.
Q. Can I apply for NIACL Assistant if I don’t know the regional languages of that state?
A. You can apply but you have to pass the regional language test to crack the exam. Reading, writing, and speaking any of the regional languages is mandatory for NIACL Assistant.
Q. What will be the language of the NIACL assistant question paper?
A. The language of the question paper will be bilingual i.e. both in English and Hindi.
Q. Is there negative marking in the NIACL Assistant exam?
A. Yes, there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks on each wrong answer.