Crack IBPS Clerk Mains– Logical Reasoning (Puzzle)Day-44:
Dear Readers, IBPS is conducting Online Examination for the recruitment of Clerical Cadre. Main Examination of IBPS Clerk was scheduled from 21st Jan 2018. To enrich your preparation here we have providing new series of Practice Questions on Reasoning Ability -Puzzle.Candidates those who are appearing in IBPS Clerk Exam can practice these questions daily and make your preparation effective.[WpProQuiz 1097]
Click “Start Quiz” to attend these Questions and view Solutions
Directions (1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
Eight boxes are arranged in a stack from bottom to top numbered from 1-8 each import from different countries; Russia, China, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, USA, Germany and UK not necessarily in the same order. They contain a different fruit; Apple, Orange, Grapes, Pomegranate, Watermelon, Kiwi, Pears and Strawberry not necessarily in the same order. The arrangement is based on the following rules:
- The box from Australia site is kept at an even numbered position
- There are 3 boxes between the box from Australia and the box with Strawberry fruit
- The box from New Zealand is either at the top or at the bottom of the stack
- Box number 2 has Apple fruit and it is not from Australia
- Box with the Watermelon fruit is kept between the box from Germany and the box having Pomegranate fruit
- The box from Russia is kept 2 boxes above the box from Japan
- There are 4 boxes between the box with Orange fruit and the box from Germany
- There are 3 boxes between the box with Watermelon fruit and the box with Grapes fruit
- The box from UK is between the box with Pears fruit and the box from USA
- The box from Germany does not have Pears fruit
1). The box from Australia is kept in which of the following floor?
- 8th position
- 6th position
- 4th position
- 2nd position
- None of these
2). How many boxes are kept between Russia box and New Zealand box?
3). Which of the following country box kept in 3rd position?
- New Zealand
4). Which of the following statement is true?
- 5 – Russia – Watermelon
- 4 – China – Strawberry
- 2 – Germany – Apple
- 3 – USA – Grapes
- 1 – New Zealand – Kiwi
5). Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence they form a group. Which one of the following does not belong to that group?
Directions (6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
Fourteen persons Jerome, Barath, Kevin, Devi, Pradeep, Salman, Archana, Lavanya, Vignesh, Rithaj, Ishath, Shahana, Kavitha and Abhishek stay in an eight stored building. Each floor has 2 flats numbered as 1 or 2 such that all same numbered flats are in the same column. The floors are numbered 1-8 from bottom to top. There are 2 vacant flats in the building. It is also known that:
- Lavanya and Archana live on the same floor.
- Only one person stays above Jerome.
- Only 3 persons stay above Lavanya.
- Salman and Vignesh live on the floor that is just below a floor which has a vacant flat.
- Vignesh and Shahana live on the same floors as their flat numbers.
- There is a gap of 3 floors between Ishath and Pradeep.
- None of the flats above Devi’s floor is vacant.
- Vignesh and Archana have same flat numbers.
- Sum of Barath and Vignesh’s floor number is equal to Kavitha’s floor number.
- Not more than 4 persons stay above Kavitha.
- Ishath does not live below Barath.
- Kevin and Jerome do not have the same flat number as Pradeep’s.
- Only 4 persons stay below Rithaj.
- Devi, Kavitha and Rithaj have the same flat numbers.
- Abhishek has the same flat number as Barath.
6). Which of the following floors are vacant?
- Both a and b
7). Which of the following persons stay in 5th floor?
- Salman and Abhishek
- Rithaj and Barath
- Ishath and Barath
- Lavanya and Kavitha
- Jerome and Ishath
8). Kavitha and Jerome stays in which of the following floor?
- 7th Floor
- 3rd Floor
- 6th Floor
- 5th Floor
- 4th Floor
9). How many persons stay below Abhishek?
10). Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence they form a group. Which one of the following does not belong to that group?