Practice Reasoning Questions For IBPS 2017 Exams (Inequality-Coding Decoding New Pattern):
Directions (Q. 1-5): In the questions given below, certain symbols are used with the following meaning:
1) A @ B means A is greater than B.
2) A + B means A is either greater than or equal to B.
3) A # B means A is smaller than B
4) A % B means A is either smaller than or equal to B.
5) A $ B means A is equal to B
1. Statements: G $ K, F @ J, K + Q, Q + F
I. K $ F
II. F # K
III. G + F
K = F
G ≥ F
Either I or II and III follows
2. Statements: T $ G, K @ P, M # T, P + M
I. K @ T
II. G $ P
III. T @ P
G = P
3. Statements: G $ E, D # K, E # S, K % G
I. S @ D
II. D# E
III. K + E
S> D follows
D< E follows
K ≥ E not follows
4. Statements: R + N, S % B, A @ R, B $ A
I. S $ N
II. A @ N
III. A + S
S = N not follows
A> N follows
A ≥ S follows
5. Statements: W @ S, K % Z, U + W, S $ K
I. U @ K
II. Z @ S
III. W @ Z
Z>S not follows
W>Z not follows
Directions (Q. 6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
In a certain code language
"Waterwaysto not tune" is written as #R72, !S06,&D12, %N02 .
"Obeytermsraceact" is written as *D12 , @S06, #X12, !R20.
"The abstractweightsin " is written as %M02,&D06, #R42 , !S56.
" Dhoni and Williams are" is written as $C06, *R56, %H20, @D06.
6. What is the code for ‘#X12, !S56’ in the given code language?
The letter denotes the previous letter of the last letter of each word
Like “tune” – Last letter “E” – Previous letter of E is D
The number denotes the number of words multiply with previous number
Like “Obey” – Number of words – 4 = 4 × 3 = 12
And rest of the one symbol and can be anything.
6). Answer is: D
7. What is the code for ‘Dhoni’ in the given code language?
8. What is the code for ‘to the act’ in the given code language?
9. What may be the possible word for ‘*R56,#R72,!R20 ’ in the given code language?
10. What may be the possible code for ‘weightsrace’ in the given code language?