Dear Readers, Here we have given the important practice set questions on Reasoning Ability (Direction, Distance& Ranking), aspirants those who are preparing for the examination can also download in pdf and make use of it.
1).I am facing South. I turn right and walk 20 metre. Then I turn right again and walk 10 metre. Then I turn left and walk 10 metre and then turning right walk 20 metre. Then I turn right again and walk 60 metre. In which direction am I from the starting point ?
2).Starting from a point P, Sachin walked 20 metres towards South. He turned left and walked 30 metres. He then turned left and walked 20 metres. He again turned left and walked 40 metres and reached a point Q. How far and in which direction is the point Q from the point P ?
a) 30 metres, West
b) 10 metres, West
c) 30 metres, North
d) 10 metres, North
e) 10 meters, East
3).From his house, Lokesh went 15 kms to the North. Then he turned West and covered 10 kms. Then he turned South and covered 5 kms. Finally, turning to East, he covered 10 kms. In which direction is he from his house ?
4).A man is facing west. He turns 45 degree in the clockwise direction and then another 180 degree in the same direction and then 270 degree in the anticlockwise direction. Find which direction he is facing now ?
5).Radha moves towards South-East a distance of 7 km, then she moves towards West and travels a distance of 14 km. From here she moves towards North-West a distance of 7 km and finally she moves a distance of 4 km towards east. How far is she now from the starting point?
a) 3 km
b) 4 km
c) 10 km
d) 11 km
e) 12 km
6).Sundar runs 20 m towards East and turns to right and runs 10 m. Then he turns to the right and runs 9 m. Again he turns to right and runs 5 m. After this he turns to left and runs 12 m and finally he turns to right and 6 m. Now to which direction is Sundar facing?
7).P started from his house towards west. After walking a distance of 25 m. He turned to the right and walked 10 m. He then again turned to the right and walked 15 m. After this he is to turn right at 135o and to cover 30 m. In which direction should he go?
a) South – East
b) South – West
c) North – East
d) North – West
8).In a queue, Amrita is 10th from the front while Mukul is 25th from behind and Mamta is just in the middle of the two. If there be 50 persons in the queue. What position does Mamta occupy from the front ?
9).If Atul finds that he is twelfth from the right in a line of boys and fourth from the left, how many boys should be added to the line such that there are 28 boys in the line ?
e) None of these
10).Manisha ranked sixteenth from the top and twenty ninth from the bottom among those who passed an examination. Six boys did not participate in the competition and five failed in it. How many boys were there in the class ?
11).Manoj and Sachin are ranked seventh and eleventh respectively from the top in a class of 31 students. What will be their respective ranks from the bottom in the class ?
a) 20thand 24th
b) 24thand 20th
c) 25thand 21st
d) 21stand 25th
e) None of these
12).Kailash remembers that his brother Deepak`s birthday falls after 20th May but before 28th May, while Geeta remembers that Deepak`s birthday falls before 22nd May but after 12th May. On what date Deepak`s birthday falls ?
d) Can’t be determined
e) None of these
13).Sangeeta remembers that her father`s birthday was certainly after eighth but before thirteenth of December. Her sister Natasha remembers that their father`s birthday was definitely after ninth but before fourteenth of December. On which date of December was their father`s birthday ?
d) Data Inadequate
e) None of these
14).Which is the third number to the left of the number which is exactly in the middle of the following sequence of numbers ?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 2 4 6 8 9 7 5 3 1 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
15).Count each 7 which is not immediately preceded by 5 but is immediately followed by either 2 or 3.
How many such 7’s are there ?
5 7 2 6 5 7 3 8 3 7 3 2 5 7 2 7 3 4 8 2 6 7 8
1)a 2)b 3)e 4)a 5)c 6)c 7)b 8)c 9)b 10)d 11)c 12)b 13)d 14)b 15)b
8. C) Number of persons between Amrita and Mukul = 50 – (10 + 25) = 15. Since Mamta lies in middle of these 15 persons, so Mamta`s position is 8th from Amrita i.e. 18thfrom the front.
9. B) Clearly, number of boys in the line = (11 + 1 + 3) = 15. .’. Number of boys to be added = 28 – 15 = 13.
10. D) Number of boys who passed = (15 + 1 + 28) = 44. .’. Total number of boys in the class = 44 + 6 + 5 = 55.
11. C) Number of students behind Manoj in rank = (31 – 7) = 24. So, Manoj is 25th from the bottom. Number of students behind Sachin in rank = (31 – 11) = 20. So, Sachin is 21st from the bottom.
12. B) According to Kailash, Deepak`s birthday falls on onev of the day among 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, and 27th May. According to Geeta, Deepak`s birthday falls on one of the days among 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st May. The day common to both the groups is 21st May. .’. Deepak`s birthday falls in 21st May.
13. D) According to Sanbgeeta, the father`s birthday falls on one of the days among 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th December. According to Natasha, the father`s birthday falls on one of the day among 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th December. The days common to both the groups are 10th, 11th and 12th December. So, the father`s birthday falls on any one of these days.
14. B) There are 27 numbers in the given sequence.
So, middle number = 14th number = 9.
Clearly, the third number to the left of this 9 is 4.
15. B) 5 7 2 6 5 7 3 8 3 7 3 2 5 7 2 7 3 4 8 2 6 7 8