SBI PO Preparation Plan: The SBI PO exam is a competitive exam held by the SBI for jobs in the Banking Sector. It is one of the most competitive exams in the country. The SBI PO helps open up jobs for students as a Probationary Officer. There are two stages to this exam: the Prelims and the Mains. A lot of people usually join coaching institutes but regret doing so. Joining Coaching Institutes has its disadvantages. This article will help you prepare for the SBI PO Exam without coaching and provide Self Study Strategies.
All you need to do is stay focused, stay positive, and plan your preparation. Remember, don’t get demotivated and stay away from negative people and negative thoughts. Make a daily schedule, follow it religiously, and remember to take a break from time to time, don’t overdo yourself.
Don’t depend on the last minute study, last 15-20 day preparation will give you NO good results.
Key points for SBI PO Preparation Plan:
- Everyday mock tests are a must.
- Timed mock tests will help you perform in pressure.
- Focus more on the areas where you are wrong in the mock tests.
- Mock tests give you a clear picture of your concepts.
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- Get a hold on the areas where you are strong in, and make them perfect.
- There is no room for confusion. Be clear.
- Hard work never goes to waste.
- Believe in yourself. But also remember over-confidence kills the opportunity.
- most importantly, keep updated with the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
Know the detailed SBI PO exam pattern in the linked article.
Once you have made your assessment, make yourself familiar with your mistakes. SBI PO examination consists of various sections such as Quantitative Aptitude, English language, computer awareness, Reasoning, logical reasoning, and General Knowledge.
Let’s divide the subjects into simple sections.
- Develop Accuracy and Speed
- Learn shortcuts, this will reduce your time.
- Acquire time management.
- This section reflects your thinking ability, so the main focus here is on the approach you follow.
- Also, how you think and solve the situation in a limited time.
- To master this section, you have to practice a lot
- Work most on the input-output, puzzles, coding-decoding, blood relation, etc.
- Target on the root of words, this develops the logic of deriving the meaning of the word from the word.
- You should understand the meaning of the sentences because tough words confuse you.
- Reading books and newspapers are the two best ways to improve your English. Writing as well as speaking.
- Play word games online such as crossword and scrabble help you develop your concentration.
- Use memory tricks to learn and retain.
- Your skills can be best judged in comprehension, practice every day.
- Reading the newspaper will develop your professional speaking skills and also it will keep you updated with general awareness.
Check out the list of important SBI Books to prepare well for the examinations.
This section has no boundaries. This section needs 100% accuracy. If you’re bad at this, the entire game can be changed. Be perfect at it.
- Read newspapers daily, make it a habit.
- Read “The Times of India”, “The Hindu”, these editions cover all the updates around the world and in the most concise manner.
- As a bank aspirant, you can subscribe to various magazines to keep yourself updated about banks such as “Pratiyogita Darpan”, “Banking Services Chronicle”, “Business Today” “Soul of Banking Awareness”, “Banking Drive” etc.
- Watch the news every day. News always gives you a clearer idea about what’s happening around the world.
- Be clear about your computer concepts.
- Subscribe to the “Computer Digest”.
- Solve computer quizzes daily.
- Books from Arihant and Kiran publication will help you a great deal.
You can check the detailed SBI PO Syllabus on the linked page.
Important Links to help you prepare for SBI PO 2020:
|SBI PO Previous Year Question Papers|
I hope that with this article you realize that there is no need to join any expensive Coaching Center when you can study at home and at your own convenience.
There’s no need to worry as long as you have the IBPS Guide App. If you use it efficiently, you will be able to crack the SBI PO Exam without Coaching. Always remember to not compromise on your physical, mental, and emotional health. Take up sports and hobbies to keep yourself entertained. There is no better time to prepare than now. Use the time given to you efficiently and you will undoubtedly achieve your goals. Stay Safe and Good Luck.
For any further assistance, Guidely’s counselors are always here to guide you.