Preparation Tips & Expected Question Pattern for IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims 2017:
Dear Aspirants, We hope all of you would have finished preparation and started practicing mock test for RRB office assistant because exam is scheduled on 17th, 23rd and 24th September, Now herewe are going to present some tips and tricks by keeping level of IBPS RRB Officer (Scale-1) is in mind. This will surely help you to boost your score and in qualifying the pre exam.
|Name of Tests||Medium of
|No. of Qs||Maximum
|Reasoning||Hindi/English||40||40||Composite Time of 45 Minutes|
Level of examination:
By seeing the level of officer scale 1 preliminary exam we can say that level will be easy but not as easy as of last year IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims.
What will be the Expected Questions Pattern of IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2017:
By analyzing the exam pattern of Previous Year 2016 IBPS Officers (Scale-1) Prelims Examination and this year IBPS Officers (Scale-1) Prelims 2017, we can see that 90% of pattern is similar. So in case of IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Exam also we can expect the same pattern as previous year Exam.
Previous Year IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern:
|Topics||No. of Questions|
1. Table (Based on Company sales)
|5 Questions (Easy)|
|Number Series||5 Questions (Moderate)|
|Simplification||15 Questions (Easy)|
Time and Work-1
Boats and Streams-1
|15 Questions (Moderate)|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Sitting Arrangements (Circular- 7 person all facing centre)||5 Questions (Moderate)|
|Linear Arrangements (all facing North – 7 Persons)||5 Questions (Easy)|
|Equality Inequality (Direct <,>)||5 Questions (Easy)|
|Syllogism||5 Questions (Moderate)|
|Direction||1 Questions (Easy)|
|Alphabet series||5 Questions (Easy)|
|Blood Relation (Direct Question)||1 Questions (Easy)|
|Coding – Decoding||5 Questions (Easy)|
|Misc||8 Questions (Easy)|
Also we can expect some changes in this pattern; In Reasoning Part, 15 questions may be asked from Seating and Puzzles instead of 10 questions, and in Numerical Ability part two sets of DI may be asked instead of 1 set. So, aspirants should be prepared to face any kind of question pattern.
What should be the minimum attempt?
- As we know the cutoff is decided state wise so expected cutoff depends on the number of student applying and number of vacancy in that particular state.
- Last year the highest cut off was in Punjab which was 72.50 out of 80. So this year it will be the same or will get decrease.
- According to the paper of Officer Scale-1 and previous year cut off safe attempt will be above 70. But it totally depends on the respective state according to vacancy and applicant. You must try to attempt above 70 for being in safe zone.
Accuracy in the office assistant is more important than Officer Scale-1 due to high cut off. So try to be 100% accurate which will definitely give you 2 to 3 bonus marks and these marks can play important role in your selection.
Daily mock test
- As we know the importance of mock test in competitive exam so try at least two to three mocks daily.
- And if you have attempted 60 question in the mock in 45 minutes , than try the remaining question by your own when you do analysis of the mock.
- Try to do minimum rough work while you attempting mocks because unnecessarily writing will waste your time in the exam so try to write minimum.
Cover all the topics
Try to cover basics of all the topics because in this exam no tricky or hard question will be asked. There will be very basic question of the particular topics. So cover all the topics.
What to attempt and what to skip-
In Office assistant you cannot skip as much questions as in Officer Scale-1 so try to attempt all question in the given time and skip very few question.
You have to attempt almost all question so there is no need to divide the sectional time by your own. Firstly complete logical reasoning than come to quantitative aptitude.
Cram all the formula and calculation which will come through practice so give mock regularly.
All The Best For The Exam