Dear Readers, IBPS Clerk Mains examination is scheduled to be held on January 21st 2018. Only few days more to gear up your preparation. This will be right time to boost your preparation to clench your dream in a short term and to grasp the great opportunity to become a banker. IBPS Clerk examination is one of the important examinations conducted by IBPS. Last minute preparation is very important to approach the examination effectively. Here we are providing some tips to crack the IBPS CLERK Mains examination.
Last Minutes Preparation Tips – IBPS Clerk Mains 2018
Exam Pattern for IBPS Clerk Mains 2017-18
|S.No||Name of tests||No. of Questions||Maximum marks||Time allotted for each test|
|1||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
- You can attend the examination in two languages i.e. English and Hindi except the subject to English Language.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Click Here for IBPS Clerk Mains Full Length Online Mock Test
PREPARATION TIPS – IBPS CLERK MAINS (SECTION WISE):
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude:
- By heart the multiplication tables up to 20 and also learn the square root values upto 40 and Cube root values upto 25.
- Sharpen your mental calculation skill and try to visualize the calculations in your brain so that you can save the time.
- First attend your well known part and then go for the remaining part of the question.
- Go through your familiar topics clearly and practice mock test to get a clear idea about the Problems.
- Learn some short tricks to solve the questions easily.
- Don’t take approximations in answer while attempting questions because if you do not maintain accuracy, then your more attempts might go in vain.
Quantitative Aptitude Study Materials:
Tips for English language:
- In English section, Reading Comprehension, Double/ Complex Fillers, Cloze test, Sentence Improvement, Error Spotting and Sentence Rearrangement topics are there.
- Start with the topic that you are most comfortable. If you are strong in vocabulary, then you can attend the vocabulary based questions like Reading Comprehension.
- For Reading Comprehension Questions, You should understand the meaning of passage first and then try to answer the questions.
- Practice more IBPS CLERK mains level English questions.
Tips for Reasoning Ability:
- Strong Your Basic Reasoning Skills by Practice more.
- Don’t waste more time on a single topic.
- Your Score depends on your accuracy with speed.
- In this section, most of the questions will be from Seating, Puzzle, Parallel, Linear and Floor based.
- Practice Most Seating questions to score more in Reasoning Section.
Reasoning Ability Study Materials:
Click Here to for Important Reasoning Ability Ebook
TOP 50 Input Output Questions (New Pattern)
TOP 50 Coding Decoding Questions (New Pattern)
Tips for General/Financial Awareness:
- In the general Awareness sections, there are three main topics. They are, Static Awareness, Banking/ Financial Awareness and Current Affairs.
- Gothrough all the static topics and try to read atleast last 3 months current affairs to score more.
- For Banking/ Financial Awareness, we have to focus on history of banking and Try to read current events in RBI, Public and Private sector banks and other NBFC’s and small and Payment banks also.
- Banking and Financial Abbreviation is very important. Nowadays 3-4 abbreviation questions are there in the exam.
- General Awareness section will be the important section to score more and it will be used to crack the exam.
General Awareness Study Materials:
Important Banking Current Affairs & Financial Awareness Materials
- Accuracy is one of the key factors to crack the exam. It will make you solve multiple questions and make you score high.
- Manage your time efficiently and effectively.
- Don’t ignore any topic under IBPS Clerk mains Syllabus.
- Maintain a very good speed right from the beginning of the exam.
- Always start with less time-consuming topics first.
- Concentrate on the topics that you have already covered and about which you are confident. Don’t try to learn new topics at the last minute will be the waste time. It will lower your confidence level.
- Decide beforehand how much time you will spend on each topics of the given sections. Work this with according to your strengths and weaknesses.
- Don’t try group studies in this last minute, as it can anxiety and stress and can bound to influence you.
- While attempting mock papers you might have come across weak and strong zones. Try to focus on strong zone while attempting the exam. Don’t spend more than 3 minutes for a problem.
- It would be better if you set a target score range for yourself and practice according to that. This would help you work on your strong areas and make it easier for you to achieve the score for which you’re aiming.
- When you get the exam paper on the day of Clerk Mains exam, do not start attempting it blindly. First try to attend the easier questions, then move on to the difficult one.
- Above all, be sure to remain calm and not let the stress get to you. Take frequent breaks and relax your mind. In order to do well in the exam, your mind needs to be stress-free.
- Drink sufficient water and eat healthy food. Avoid eating food from outside as you cannot afford to fall sick just before the Mains Exam.
- Working hard will help you, but over-working will only stress you out. Avoid staying up all night to study. You need to be attentive on the day of the Clerk Mains Exam.
- Being positive about your preparations for the Clerk Mains Exam will help you stay calm. This will enable you to direct your time on putting in your best efforts while preparing for the exam, instead of wasting them on negative thoughts.
- Try our IBPS Clerk mains mock test. Also, Check IBPS Clerk mains Previous Year Papers. It will be useful to get a clear idea about the examination.
LAST MINUTE DO’s And DONT’s:
- Examinations are a way to test your ability within a short period. So prepare well ahead strengthening all the basics, increasing your vocabulary ability and quick shortcuts to solve a question.
- Take nutritious food and ample rest so as to recede the tension within you. Sleep early and avoid reading late night.
- Expect the Unexpected questions also. Don’t panic if you get a new pattern questions in the exam. Try to attend the questions calmly.
- Always start with the topic you are most confident and comfortable with. There is no absolute necessary to attend the questions in a continuous way.
- So try to answer as many questions as possible with accuracy. Remember, there is negative marking.
- Managing your time to answer questions are very important. 190 questions to be answered within a span of 160 minutes, there will be a time split for each sections. So answer the easier questions first to save time for the tougher ones.
- Don’t try to answer randomly at the last time. It may bring your marks down.
- Speed and accuracy is all that matters in an examination with limited period. So make the best use of it.