Dear Readers, Here we have given about the 25th RBI governor of India is Shaktikanta Das. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming IBPS PO, Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Introduction to Present RBI governor of India – Shaktikanta Das
Shaktikanta Das is a retired 1980 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of Tamil Nadu cadre. During his career as an IAS officer, he served in various capacities for Indian and Tamil Nadu governments, including as Economic Affairs Secretary of India, Revenue Secretary of India, Fertilizers Secretary of India. He was born in Bhubaneswar, Odisha on 26th February 1957. Currently, he is serving as the 25th RBI governor of India (RBI) after the resignation of the 24th RBI Governor Urjit Patel. He was earlier a member of the Fifteenth Finance Commission of India and India’s Sherpa to the G20.
Academic Profile of Shaktikanta Das
|Schoolings||Demonstration Multipurpose School, Bhubaneswar|
|Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees||Shaktikanta Das finished his BA and MA in St. Stephen’s College at the University of Delhi|
|Other Academic Details||· He did advanced financial management course from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
· He did Development banking and institutional credit from the National Institute of Bank Management.
· He also got in-service professional training in financial management in Institute Public Enterprises.
· He did diploma in basic project management from Administrative Staff College of India
Career Review of Shaktikanta Das:
State level Review
- Shaktikanta Das served in various positions for both the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu, like as Principal Secretary of Industries, Special Commissioner as well as Secretary in Revenue department, Secretary of Commercial Taxes, project director of Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society and as the district magistrate and collector of Dindigul and Kancheepuram districts in the Tamil Nadu government
National Level Review
- In 2014, Das was served as Union Revenue Secretary by the prime minister led-Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) from June 2014 to August 2015.
- In August 2015 he was crowned as Union Economic Affairs Secretary by the prime minister led-Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) from August 2015 to May 2017 because of superannuated from service. During his tenure as Union Economic Affairs Secretary, Das was emerged as a strong defender of demonetisation and widely regarded as one of the most powerful civil servants in India.
- After his retirement from the IAS officer, Shaktikanta Das was appointed a member of the Fifteenth Finance Commission. In addition, he was appointed as India’s Sherpa to the G20.
25th RBI Governor of India:
- Shaktikanta Das was appointed Governor of the Reserve Bank of India by ACC on 11 December 2018 for a period of three years. The appointment came within 24 hours of Urjit Patel’s sudden resignation as governor and signals the government’s resolve not to allow uncertainty to linger.
/ 5. Reviews