Dear Aspirants, Our IBPS Guide team is providing new series of Quantitative Aptitude Questions for SBI Clerk Prelims 2020 so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
1) 18 typing machine working for 6 hours per day can print 60 notebooks and 9 diaries in 12 days. In how many days 30 machines will print 120 notebooks and 6 diaries working 4.8 hours per day?
2) The present age of a father is 100% more than the present age of his son. 10 years ago, the age of father is 200% more than as that of his son. What will be the ratio of the ages of father and son after 15 years from now?
3) Alloy A contains the mixture of zinc and copper in the ratio of 5:4. Alloy B contains the mixture of zinc and copper in the ratio of 3:2. If the mixture of alloy B is added to alloy A and the quantity of the zinc in the resultant mixture is 135 gram, then find the initial quantity of alloy A?
E. Cannot be determined
4) Einstein, Newton and Edison started the business with the investment in the ratio of 1/24:4/27:8/31 respectively. Einstein invests his capital for 2 years and Newton invests his investment for 75% of the investment period of Einstein and the investment period of Edison is 13 months more than Newton. What is the profit ratio of Einstein, Newton and Edison at the end of the business?
E. None of these
5) In how many ways can select 5 red and 2 blue balls out of a total of 6 red and 3 blue balls?
6) A and B started the business with the investment of Rs.6000 and Rs.9000 respectively. After 6 months C joined with the investment of Rs.8000 and A withdrew Rs.1000 and B added Rs.1000. If at the end of the year the total profit of the business is Rs.19000, then find the profit share of C?
E. None of these
7) If the profit earned on selling an article for Rs.2400 is 75% of the loss incurred on selling the same article for Rs.1700. Then, find the selling price of the article to earn a profit of 20%?
8) A train crosses 280 m long tunnel in 23.2 seconds and the same train crosses a pole in 12 seconds. Find the length of train?
9) Pipe A, B and C together can fill the tank in 24 hours and Pipe C is 20% more efficient than B. If pipe A and B together can fill the tank in 40 hours, then in how many hours Pipe A alone can fill the tank?
10) The average age of 45 boys of a class is 20 years, if the age of teacher is included, the average age becomes 21 years, then find the age of teacher?
1) Answer: A
(18 * 6 * 12)/ (60 * 9) = (30 * 4.8 * x)/(120 * 6)
15x = 180
x = 12
2) Answer: B
Present age of son = x
Present age of father = 200/100 * x = 2x
(x – 10)/ (2x – 10) = 100/300
2x – 10 = 3x – 30
x = 20
Present age of father = 2 * 20 = 40
Required ratio = (40 + 15): (20 + 15)
3) Answer: E
Initial quantity of Alloy B is not given
We cannot find the answer.
4) Answer: E
Investment period of Einstein = 24 months
Newton investment period = 24 * 75/100 = 18 months
Edison investment period = 18 + 13 = 31 months
Required ratio = 1/24 * 24:4/27 * 18:8/31 * 31
5) Answer: C
Required ways = 6C5 * 3C2
= 6 * 3
6) Answer: B
Profit ratio of A, B and C = (6000 * 6 + 5000 * 6): (9000 * 6 + 10000 * 6):(8000 * 6)
Profit share of C = 8/38 * 19000
7) Answer: E
2400 – CP = (CP – 1700) * 75/100
9600 – 4CP = 3CP – 5100
7CP = 14700
CP = 2100
Required SP = 2100 * 120/100 = Rs.2520
8) Answer: B
Length of train = x
Speed of train = y
x + 280 = y * 5/18 * 23.2
9x + 2520 = 58y
x = y * 5/18 * 12
3x = 10y
9x + 2520 = 58 * (3x/10)
90x + 25200 = 174x
x = 300 m
9) Answer: A
C alone fill the tank = 1/24 – 1/40
B alone fill the tank = 120/100 * 60 = 72
A alone fill the tank = 1/40 – 1/72
10) Answer: B
Age of 45 boys = 45*20
The total age of 45 boys and a teacher= 46*21 = 966
Hence, teacher’s age = 966-900
|Check Here to View SBI Clerk Prelims 2021 Quantitative Aptitude Questions|
|Day – 14||Day – 13||Day – 12|