SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude 2020: Every year SBI releases the notification for the recruitment of candidates as junior associates(JA). It is an all India examination for the clerical cadre in the state bank of India. This year the preliminary test for the SBI Clerk was conducted on 22nd & 29th February, 1st & 8th March 2020.
The much-awaited result of the SBI clerk prelims was released on 20th October 2020. The mains for the SBI clerk will be conducted on 31st October 2020. In this article, we will describe the SBI Clerk Quantitative aptitude for both Prelims and Mains Exam.
SBI Clerk/JA 2020 Notification and Exam Dates
The important dates related to the SBI clerk 2020 examination are listed below:
|1.||Online Registration||3rd to 26th January 2020|
|2.||Application Fee Payment||3rd to 26th January 2020|
|3.||Prelims Exam Call letters Release||February 2020|
|4.||Online Prelims Exam||22nd February 2020
29th February 2020
1st March 2020
8th March 2020
|5.||Result of Prelims exam||20th October 2020|
|6.||The download of Call letter for Online Main Exam||20th October 2020|
|7.||Online Main Exam||31st October 2020|
|8.||Declaration of Mains Exam Result||Dec 2020 (Tentative)|
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern for Prelims Examination
Before starting the preparation for the SBI clerk it is important to understand the exam pattern. The exam pattern for both preliminary and mains examination is given below in the tabular format:
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 mins|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 mins|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 mins|
Note: For every correct answer candidate will be awarded 1 mark and for every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from the final score.
SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude-Syllabus 2020
|Simple Interest||Data Interpretation||Profit and Loss|
|Compound Interest||Percentage||Number series|
|Time and Work||Speed, Time, and Distance||Approximation|
|Partnership||Quadratic Equations||Mixture and Allegations|
|Average||Ratio and Proportion||Pipe and Cistern|
|Upstream and Downstream|
SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude Prelims-Types of Questions Asked
The following table contains the type and number of question asked in the SBI Clerk Preliminary exam 2020:
|4.||Missing Number Series||05||Easy|
|5.||Arithmetic Word Problem||10||Easy-Moderate|
SBI CLERK Section-wise preparation tips
1) English Language
- The English language is a very high scoring section in SBI Clerk.
- Read Newspapers and editorials daily for improving grammar and vocabulary.
- Learn grammar rules and practice them regularly
- Best English Books SBI Clerk
2) Reasoning Ability
- The practice is the key to scoring good marks in Reasoning Ability for SBI Clerk.
- Solve puzzles and seating arrangements Daily.
- Quizzes should be given keeping time management in mind.
- Best Reasoning Ability Book SBI Clerk
3) Quantitative Aptitude
- Aspirants should clear their basic concepts of the important topics.
- Attempt sectional tests daily to increase speed and accuracy.
- Practice speed maths as much as possible for improving calculation speed
- SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude
4) General Awareness
- Candidates should prepare it regularly by reading current affairs. Attempt daily quizzes to check your knowledge.
- Banking Awareness Books
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern for Mains Examination
|English Language||40||40||35 mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 mins|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 mins|
|General and Financial Awareness||50||50||35 mins|
|Total||190||200||2 hour 40 mins|
SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude: Mains Exam
SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude Mains-Types of Questions Asked
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Comparison of two quantities||05|
*Bar Chart: 6 questions
(weight of males in class A and females in class A, the table given with average weight of the entire class)*Pie Chart: 6 questions
(No. of male + female working in an organization; the table is given which shows the number of males in each organization)
|Wrong Number Series||02|
|Missing Number Series||02|
SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude-Mains Exam Tips and Strategies
Following are the SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude mains tips and Strategies 2020:
- SBI Quantitative Aptitude carries a total of 50 marks for 50 questions that are to be attempted, this section can be difficult for some candidates. But through continuous practice, it can prove to be the most scoring section.
- Attempt sectional mock tests every 2-3 days to get a grip over the entire section and also can draft a rough strategy to solve the entire section in 45 minutes. Analyze the complete sectional test once you are done with the test.
- Attempt Topic Tests whenever you feel you are struggling with a topic in the Quantitative Aptitude section.
- While Attempting the SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude section, candidates must always attempt the data interpretation and arithmetic questions should be attempted at last.
Prelims Cut-Off for SBI Clerk 2020
SBI has released the much-awaited result of the SBI Clerk Prelims 2020. Candidates can check the SBI clerk result from the link above. The State-Wise Cut off for prelims 2020 of General Candidates has been released. Candidates can check the SBI Clerk Cut off 2020 for Prelims exam below:
|State||SBI Clerk Cut-off 2020 (For General Category)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the exam date for the SBI Clerk mains 2020?
A: SBI Clerk mains exam will be conducted on 31st October 2020.
Q: What is the weightage of the Quants section in the SBI Clerk Mains Exam?
A: The Quants section for SBI Clerk Mains Exam is of 50 marks.
Q: Is the score of SBI clerk prelims added to the final result?
A: No, the prelims exam is qualifying in nature and is not used for the final merit list.
Q: How many vacancies have been released for SBI Clerk this year?
A: SBI Clerk has released the notification for approximately 9400+ vacancies.
Q: What is the age limit for the SBI Clerk Exam?
A: Minimum: 20 years
Maximum: 28 years
Q: Is there negative marking in the SBI Clerk mains exam?
A: Yes, there is negative marking in the SBI Clerk mains exam.