SBI PO 2019 Notification is about to come and it is the most awaited exam among the aspirants. We all know that new pattern questions are introducing every year in the SBI PO exam. Further, the questions are getting tougher and beyond the level of the candidate’s expectations.
Our IBPS Guide is providing High-Level New Pattern English Language Questions for SBI PO 2019 so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these high-level questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern. We wish that your rigorous preparation leads you to a successful target of becoming SBI PO.
“Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still”
Directions (1-10): Find the meaning of the underlined/BOLD word in the following sentence.
1) Hari’s arrogant behaviour vitiated the atmosphere of the discussion.
2) In our profession, polite behaviour is imperative.
c) A handicap
3) Confidence in the words of the manager has eroded considerably in the past decade.
a) Worn away
b) Been lost
4) Ravish works as a sales executive in Universal Ad Agency and hates the drudgery of his schedule.
5) The election dates have been announced and it is now time for the opposition party to spreading canards and lies against the ruling party.
6) Polaris Pentacell Private Limited is looking for acquisitions in the international market.
7) Research and studies further corroborate the susceptibility of Americans towards diseases as dangerous as cancer.
8) Anju Malhotra is known for her liking for sonorous music.
9) M still believes in the old method of being reticent and maintaining silence on controversial issues.
10) The unruly group were so temerarious that they kept promoting violence until they were subdued by the STF.
1) Answer: c)
vitiate- spoil or impair the quality or efficiency of.
2) Answer: e)
imperative- an essential or urgent thing.
3) Answer: a)
eroded-gradually destroy or be gradually destroyed.
4) Answer: c)
drudgery- hard menial or dull work.
5) Answer: a)
canards- an unfounded rumour or story.
6) Answer: a)
acquisitions-an asset or object bought or obtained
7) Answer: a)
corroborate- confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding).
8) Answer: b)
sonorous- (of a person’s voice or other sound) imposingly deep and full.
9) Answer: c)
reticent – not revealing one’s thoughts or feelings readily.
10) Answer: c)
temerarious- reckless; rash.