SBI PO Working Hours:
Banking Jobs are considered among the most secure, well-paid, and esteemed ones in our country. It is one of the top white-collar jobs that you can apply for and there is massive scope for career growth. Bank jobs are a dream one for lakhs of graduates. A huge number of graduates have tried for the post of probationary officer every year through several exams like IBPS RRB PO, IBPS PO, SBI PO, etc. The recruitment drive has been conducted at the national level. Candidates having a dedicated passion can succeed in the recruitment drive. But they don’t know what after the provisional allotment? Even graduates are often don’t have a knowledge of SBI PO Working Hours and how much the work pressure would be? Let us explore further in detail the SBI PO Working Hours and the work pressure, responsibilities associated with this position.
SBI PO Training Period After Selection
The selection process of SBI PO recruitment is based on 3 phases namely – prelims, mains, & group exercise/interview. After successfully qualifying all those stages, the candidate will get the provisional allotment as Probationary Officer (PO). The selected candidates should sign a Bond for a value of 2.00 lac ( Two lac only) at the joining time. The bond entitles the candidates to serve the Bank for a minimum period of three years. The Bond will be invoked by the Bank if the candidate resigns from the service of the Bank before the expiry of three years from the date of joining.
- SBI PO training period duration – 2 years.
- This is an entry-level job role as an officer cadre and you will be joining with 2-years of branch posting as Scale-I.
- Training will be provided on basic banking knowledge through an online course, which they shall complete before joining.
- The seniors in your branch will train you regarding different departments like personal banking, FOREX, SME, currency chest, pension department, etc.
- In the probation period, candidates will have to take continuous assessments as per Bank’s extant policy. Candidates who pass the assessment as per the bank’s standards from time to time will be confirmed in the Service of the Bank in Junior Management Grade Scale-I (JMGS-I).
- If any candidate fails to achieve the minimum standards stipulated, his/ her services may be terminated as per the policy of the Bank in force at the material time.
- If your department changes in the probationary period, your location is also likely to change. So you can expect 2 transfers in the span of two years.
SBI PO Working Hours:
As per the Bank guidelines, there are no specific timings for an officer in the State Bank of India. Officers are advised to reach the branch at least half an hour before the beginning of business hours.
Usually, SBI PO Working Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is the usual banking hour for our Banks in India. But probationary officers are having a little bit of extension of the working hour compare to the clerical cadre. The lunch break varies from bank to bank. However, in case there is a higher workload, and the end of a financial year, the work hours may get extended.