SBI PO Exam Date 2020: The State Bank of India is conducting exams every year to select candidates for the Probationary Officer post. Check tentative SBI PO exam date here. Candidates start planning your preparation in this COVID-19 lockdown before the SBI PO exam date 2020.
Every year around this time, the SBI PO notification will release. But due to COVID-19 lockdown, the SBI PO notification has not released till now. We can expect the notification, only after the end of lockdown period. We have added the tentative exam schedule here. The SBI PO exam is conducted in the online mode. The candidates have to attend the online exam as per the scheduled date for them. For each candidate, the exam date is allotted in their call letter. Other candidate can download their admit card and know their SBI PO 2020 exam date.
SBI PO Selection Process:
The SBI PO selection process involves 3 stages. In that, the first two stages are held in the online mode. The final stage will have interview and group exercise. Thus, the order of the SBI PO selection process is,
- Preliminary exam.
- Mains exam
- Group Exercises and interview.
SBI PO Important Exam Date:
The SBI PO exam date is available in the official notification. Once the notification is released, you can know all the important dates regarding the recruitment process. Till the final result release, the tentative schedule for the recruitment process is available in the table. Once the apply online link gets activated, you can apply for the SBI PO exam. Check the final date, and apply for the recruitment within that date. the tentative dates for the recruitment is available below.
|On-line application start date||June/ July 2020|
|Online application end date||June/ July 2020|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||July 2020|
|Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination||July 2020|
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training||Available soon|
|Online Preliminary Examination||Available soon|
|Result of Online Preliminary Examination||Available soon|
|Download of Call letter for Online Main Examination||Available soon|
|Conduct of Online Main Examination||Available soon|
|Declaration of Result of Main Examination||Available soon|
|Download of Call Letter for Group Exercises & Interview||Available soon|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||Available soon|
|Declaration of Final Result||Available soon|
SBI PO Preliminary Exam:
The SBI PO prelims exam is the first stage of the recruitment. The candidates applied for the recruitment will attend the prelims exam in various shifts. The SBI PO prelims exam date for each candidate are available in their call letter. In the mentioned date and time, the candidates will attend the prelims exam. The exam pattern and details of the prelims exam are,
- The English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability are the 3 sections present in the prelims exam.
- For each section, 20 minutes time duration is allotted separately. So that you cannot change the sections as per your wish.
- English language – 30 questions.
- Quantitative aptitude – 35 questions.
- Reasoning ability – 35 questions.
- Thus, there are totally 100 questions in the prelims exam.
- Each question carries one mark.
- So the maximum marks of the preliminary exam is 100.
- For each wrong answer, you will lose 0.25 marks.
On the allotted SBI PO prelims exam date 2020, candidates will attend the exam. There is no sectional cut off for this exam. Clearing overall cut off is enough for the candidates to pass in the exam.
Get More: SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO Mains Exam:
The candidates clearing the prelims exam will attend the mains exam. In each category, candidates approximately 10 times the number of vacancies are called for the mains exam. The mains exam is the second stage of the recruitment. The SBI PO mains exam date 2020 is available in the call letter of the candidates. On the mentioned date and time, the candidates will attend the mains exam. The exam pattern and details of the mains round are,
- The SBI PO mains exam will have both objective test and descriptive test.
- Objective test – Totally 4 sections. They are Reasoning ability & computer aptitude, Data analysis & interpretation, general / economy / banking awareness, and English language.
- Descriptive test – Letter writing and essay.
- For each section, separate timing is allotted.
- Reasoning & computer aptitude – 45 questions – 60 marks – 60 minutes time duration.
- Data analysis & interpretation – 35 questions – 60 marks – 45 minutes sectional timing.
- General / Economy / Banking awareness – 40 questions – 40 marks – 35 minutes sectional time duration.
- English language – 35 questions – 40 marks – 40 minutes sectional time.
- Descriptive test – 50 marks – 30 minutes.
- After the completion of 4 sections, the page for descriptive section opens. In this section, candidates have to type the essay and letter writing within 30 minutes.
- Penalty marks for each wrong answer – 1/4th of marks assigned to the question.
- Including descriptive test, the total marks for the SBI PO mains exam is 250.
The candidates will attend the exam as per their scheduled SBI PO mains exam date. There is no sectional cut off for the mains exam. The candidates clearing the overall mains cut off, will face the group exercise and interview. In each category, candidates approximately 3 times the number of vacancies are called for the group exercise and interview stage.
Group Exercise & Interview:
This is the final stage of the SBI PO recruitment.
- Group exercise – 20 marks.
- Interview – 30 marks.
- Thus, the total marks for the final stage is 50 marks.
As per the SBI PO exam date in the interview call letter, the candidates will attend the final stage.
The final selection will not include the marks of the preliminary exam. It will include the marks of mains exam, group exercise and interview. Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks. Similarly, the marks in Group Exercises & Interview of candidate (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks. Thus, the final score of the candidates out of 100 marks is obtained. After attending the final stage as per the SBI PO 2020 exam date, the merit list will be released as per the final score cut off.
The SBI PO exam is considered as one of the toughest exams as per the banking aspirants. It needs lot of hard work and dedication to crack this exam. As the SBI PO 2020 exam date is nearing, candidates should practice all the sections with the utmost dedication. As prelims exam is the first stage, it should be your starting goal.
In the prelims exam, there is sectional timing. For the English language section, 20 minutes time duration is perfectly enough to attend all the 30 questions. For that, you should have strong knowledge in this section. Only then you can attend more questions, without making mistake. To maintain accuracy in this section, lot of practice is must.
- Grammar knowledge is the key to score in this section.
- Almost all topics such as fillers, cloze test, error spotting, etc., needs grammar knowledge to score more marks.
- Time period (20 minutes) is not a big issue for this section. So develop your grammar knowledge to score decent marks in this section.
Practice SBI PO English Section
After the notification release, the SBI PO 2020 prelims exam date will arrive soon. To score more marks, this section is one of the hopes for many candidates. For the SBI PO exam, this section may be asked at easy to moderate level. Some questions will be at hard level.
- Practice the questions at all the levels and be ready for the exam.
- First pick all the easy level questions. Then target the medium level questions.
- You must skip the hard level questions correctly.
- All these strategies should be done within 20 minutes without any struggle. Only then you can cover more questions.
- In reasoning section time management is the very important factor. This is the section that you can score more marks than the other two. So use that chance and practice well for this section.
Don’ts in Reasoning Section:
- Attending a difficult seating arrangement or puzzle at the beginning is a big risk. So avoid those questions at the beginning.
- Don’t waste time for a single question.
- Avoid short cuts if you are not strong in it.
- Don’t recheck a question again and again that you have completed.
In reasoning section these are the precious rules you must follow. If you do all these mistakes, then you may waste nearly 1/3rd of the sectional time collectively. This will take a big hit on your total score. So remember these points before your SBI PO exam date.
Practice Reasoning Section
In the SBI PO prelims exam, this is a good section to score marks, if you take more mock test practice. Some candidates hate the maths as a subject. Due to this reason they may secure only average marks in this section. If they push their preparation with a dedication and hard work, this section may also easily contribute more marks.
- In prelims level, number series, quadratic equation, simplification can be asked at easy to medium level. So target those questions first.
- Data interpretation is a tricky topic. Sometimes it may look simple. But if you start it, many lengthy calculations will take more time.
- So analyse the DI and start it only if it is asked at easy level. Or else don’t take risk.
- To overcome your careless mistakes, take more mock test practice.
Don’ts in Quantitative Aptitude:
- Don’t touch the hard level word problems at the beginning. It will easily consume 2 to 3 minutes and will bring your confidence level down.
- Don’t mark the answers by wild guess, after solving half of the problem.
- Skip the questions such as number series, if you cannot find the logic. Even if it is easy, don’t take over time.
- Don’t apply wrong formula or shortcuts.
Before the SBI PO 2020 mains exam date, mind these rules. If you don’t commit these mistakes, you can save more marks.
Practice Quantitative Aptitude Section
Mains Exam Preparation:
For mains exam you have to put the effort many times than that for the prelims exam. You have to follow all the preparation strategies similar to that of the prelims exam. But in terms of practice, you must put much more efforts. Many full length mock tests should be practiced and analysed before the SBI PO mains exam date 2020.
You have to put extra effort for the general awareness section. Continuous preparation is must. Then, you have to attend quizzes regularly to analyse your preparation. This section is the decider in the mains exam competition. If you shine well in the general awareness section, then you can take an advantage over many candidates.
Also put equal effort for all the other sections. Practice with previous year papers and improve your standards to face the most difficult bank exam. So that you can gain confidence to tackle the difficult questions in the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here some of the FAQs are presented for your reference. Refer to these questions and clarify your doubts regarding SBI PO 2020 recruitment.
Q: Is there sectional cut off for the SBI PO prelims exam?
A: For both the SBI PO prelims and mains exam, there is no sectional cut off. To pass in the exam, candidates should clear the overall cut off only.
Q: How can I know my SBI PO prelims exam date 2020?
A: After the release of admit card, you can know it. In the SBI PO prelims admit card, the date, time, and venue of the exam are available.
Q: Will the pre-exam training is available for the candidates in this SBI PO 2020 recruitment?
A: Yes, the pre-exam training is there for the SC / ST / religious minority community candidates. The pre exam training date will be known after the call letter release.
Q: What is the age relaxation for the SC, ST, OBC, and PWD candidates in the SBI PO 2020 recruitment exam?
A: The age relaxation for these candidates are,
- SC / ST – 5 years
- PWD (SC / ST) – 15 years
- OBC (non creamy layer) – 3 years
- PWD (OBC) – 13 years
- PWD (general / EWS) – 10 years