Dear Aspirants, Here we have given the Important SSC CGL Exam 2018 Practice Test Papers. Candidates those who are preparing for SSC CGL 2018 can practice these questions to get more confidence to Crack SSC CGL 2018 Examination.[WpProQuiz 3223]
Click “Start Quiz” to attend these Questions and view ‘Explanation
1) Who was the Viceroy of India at the time of establishment of Indian National Congress ?
a) Lord Canning
b) Lord Dufferin
c) Lord Dalhousie
d) Lord Ripon
2) Under which article Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe have been granted fundamental, socio-economic, political and cultural rights ?
a) Article 20
b) Article 19
c) Article 18
d) Article 17
3) Which of the following acid is found in Soda water ?
b) Carbonic acid
c) Formic acid
d) Tartaric acid
4) How many players are there in a Polo team ?
5) The compound of Carbon and Hydrogen is formulated C6H14 and called ?
6) Which pollutant in water causes ‘Blue baby syndrome’ ?
7) The line joining the areas having the same rainfall is called –
8) ‘Malacca Strait’ lies between –
a) India and Sri Lanka
b) Indonesia and Malaysia
c) Taiwan and Philippines
d) Australia and New Guinea
9) ‘Fathometer’ is used to measure –
c) Ocean Depth
d) Sound Intensity
10) National Sports Day is celebrated on which of the following day ?
a) 29 August
b) 29 July
c) 20 September
d) 29 September
1). Answer: b)
The first meeting of Indian National Congress was scheduled to be held in Poona, but due to a cholera outbreak there it was shifted to Bombay. Humeorganised the first meeting in Bombay with the approval of the Viceroy Lord Dufferin.
2). Answer: b)
Under Art icle 19 of the Indian Constitution, scheduled caste and scheduled tribe has granted fundamental, socio-economic, political and cultural rights.
3). Answer: b)
Carbonic acid is found in soda water. Carbonated water is water into which carbon dioxide gas under pressure has been dissolved.
4). Answer: d)
There are 4 players in a polo team.
5). Answer: d)
2-Methylpentane is a branched chain alkane with the molecular formula C6H14. It is a structural isomer of hexanecomposed of a methyl group bonded to the second carbon atom in a pentane chain.
6). Answer: c)
A “blue baby syndrome” can also be caused by methemoglobinemia. It iswidely believed to be caused by nitratecontamination in groundwater resulting in decreased oxygen carrying capacity ofhaemoglobin in babies leading to death.
7). Answer: b)
A line drawn on a weather map connecting points that receive equal amounts of precipitation during a given period of time is called Isohyet.
8). Answer: b)
“Malacca strait” lies between Indonesia and Malaysia.
9). Answer: c)
Fathometer is an instrument used to measure Ocean Depth.
10). Answer: a)
The National Sports Day in India is celebrated on 29 August each year. This day marks the birthday of Dhyan Chand, the hockey player who won gold medals in Olympics for India in the years 1928, 1934 and 1936.