SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF:
The SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF materials are available here. So that you can prepare for the SSC CHSL exam in an effective manner. Preparing with the SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF will increase your success chances. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Examination every year for recruiting candidates for Lower Divisional Clerk / Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, and Data Entry Operator post Vacancies. To compete for this exam prepare SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDFs.
Get More – SSC CHSL Syllabus
Advantages of SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper Practice:
Many successful candidates have told that this strategy was very useful to them. They also quoted that practicing the old question papers was the main reason for their success. So you can also follow this strategy and enhance your performance in the exam. There are several advantages of practicing the SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF. They are listed below.
- The SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf can be used for practice which will help you to excel in the Tier-I exam. The tier 1 exam time duration is just 60 minutes. So, your result is heavily based on your speed and accuracy. As you practice more SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF of tier 1, you will get a good idea of the exam requirements.
- Selection of questions matters in the SSC CHSL exam. So, while practicing with SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf you will get to know the type of questions that you should attempt first and the questions which need to be skipped at the first go.
- To maintain accuracy in the exam, practicing with previous papers will help you extensively. When you practice with SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf, you can rectify various mistakes and improve on your weak areas.
- As you practice more with the SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper you will gain the skill of time management. With better time management skills, you can attend maximum questions in the exam.
- You will be able to understand the exam pattern and the level of questions which you will have to prepare for the upcoming SSC CHSL exam through the SSC CHSL previous year question paper.
Thus the SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf will have a pivotal role in your exam preparation. So SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF must be a part of your SSC CHSL exam preparation.
Get More – SSC CHSL Preparation Strategy
SSC CHSL 2020 Selection Process
The SSC CHSL selection process consists of three stages followed by document verification of the candidates as the final step. The three-stage selection process for the SSC CHSL exam is as follow:
- Tier I – Computer Based Test
- Tier-II –Descriptive Paper Test
- Tier III – Typing Test / Skill Test
Candidates should refer to the SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdfs given in the link below which will be very beneficial in their Tier-I preparation for the SSC CHSL exam.
Get More – SSC CHSL Salary
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
Check the SSC CHSL exam pattern for the Tier-I as well Tier-II exam for the SSC CHSL.
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier I – Computer Based Test
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Negative Marks|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50||60 Minutes||0.50 marks for each wrong answer|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
- SSC CHSL Tier I Exam consists of objective type multiple choice questions
- The questions will be in both Hindi and English Languages.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.5 marks for the answers marked as wrong.
- Candidates will be awarded +2 marks for every answer marked as right.
- No marks will be deducted for the unattempted questions.
SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF preparation will teach you effective time management skills.
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier II – Descriptive Paper Test
|Descriptive Type||Words||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Essay||200-250 words||100||60 Minutes|
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier III – Typing/Skill Test
- Tier-III will be a skill-based test where the typing and data entry speed of a candidate is checked.
- Typing Test: For English, a typing speed of 35 words per minute is required, For Hindi, a typing speed of 30 words per minute is mandatory. Typing Test will be applicable for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, and Court Clerk posts.
- Skill Test: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer. The skill test is conducted for the Data Entry Operator post.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
Know the SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam. The age limit and the required educational qualification for the SSC CHSL exam is as below:
|Minimum Age Limit||18 Years|
|Maximum Age Limit||27 Years|
Note: The age relaxations are provided to the candidates belonging to the reserved category according to the Government Norms.
For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): The candidates must have passed class 12 in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL Syllabus
Candidates can refer to the Syllabus of the SSC CHSL Tier-I exam in order to understand the topics that need to be covered along with SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf. Candidates must keep track of the syllabus from time to time so that they are not wasting time on irrelevant topics.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning Topics||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Semantic Analogy||Current Affairs||Percentage||Spot the Error|
|Symbolic/ Number Analogy||Experience in Scientific aspects||Ratio & Proportion||Fill in the Blanks|
|Figural Analogy||Environment Awareness||Square roots||Synonyms/Antonyms|
|Symbolic/ Number Classification||Culture||Interest||Idioms and Phrases|
|Figural Classification||Geography||Profit and Loss||One Word Substitution|
|Semantic Series||Economic Scene||Discount||Sentence Improvement|
|Number Series||General Polity||Partnership Business||Active/Passive Voice|
|Figural Series||Scientific Research||Mixture and Alligation||Direct/Indirect Speech|
|Problem Solving||Time and distance||Sentence Rearrangement|
|Word Building||Time & Work||RC|
|Coding & de-coding||Basic algebraic identities||Cloze Test|
|Numerical Operations||Graphs of Linear Equations|
|symbolic Operations||Triangle and its various kinds of centers|
|Trends||Congruence and similarity of triangles|
|Space Orientation||Circle and its chords|
|Venn Diagrams||angles subtended by chords of a circle|
|Drawing inferences||common tangents to two or more circles|
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020-21
|Punched hole/ pattern||Triangle|
|folding & un-folding||Quadrilaterals|
|Figural Pattern||Regular Polygons|
|folding and completion||Circle|
|Address matching||Right Circular Cone|
|Date & city matching||Right Circular Cylinder|
|Classification of center codes/ roll numbers||Sphere|
|Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding||Hemispheres|
|decoding and classification||Rectangular Parallelepiped|
|Embedded Figures||Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base|
|Critical thinking||Trigonometric ratio|
|Emotional Intelligence||Degree and Radian Measures|
|Social Intelligence||Standard Identities|
|Heights and Distances|
|Bar diagram & Pie chart|
SSC CHSL Cutoffs
Cut Off for 2018 Tier-I
Below is the cut-off for SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-I. The candidates who score more than the Tier-I cut-off will be invited to appear for the SSC CHSL Tier-II Descriptive test.
Cut Off for 2018 Tier-I + Tier-II combined
Below is the cut-off of the candidates who have qualified for the Tier-III skill/typing test. The cut-off is prepared by combining the score of Tier-I and Tier-II exam.
SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF preparation will increase your probability to crack any higher cut off.
SSC CHSL Section-Wise Preparation Strategy
1. Quantitative Aptitude
- Practice some calculations daily.
- Learn and revise tables up to 30, Squares up to 40, cubes up to 20.
- Learn basic tricks for faster calculation
- Cover the basics of every topic
- Practice questions from each topic after covering the basics
- Practice questions from SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf provided on this page.
- After covering the basics start attempting the sectional as well as full-length mock tests.
- Find out your weak areas and start improving on them.
- While attempting the mocks try to make a strategy as to which section should be done first and what would be the order of sections while attempting the mocks.
- Cover the basics of each topic from the scratch.
- Attempt some basic level questions after covering each topic to understand the type of questions that can be framed.
- Check the SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf provided on this page to understand the type of questions that are being asked in the SSC CHSL exam.
- Check if there are any shortcuts to solve the questions which might help in reducing the time on that particular type of question.
- Practice a lot of questions in order to reduce the time in attempting the reasoning section.
- Attempt sectional mocks and find out any weak areas and start working on those areas.
- Attempt SSC CHSL mock and try to attempt the reasoning section in a stipulated time.
3. English Language
- Try to read as much as you can whether it is your favorite novel or any newspaper.
- Cover the basics of the grammar rule.
- Attempt a variety of questions based on different grammar rules.
- Solve questions from SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf to understand the type of questions that are asked in this section.
- Daily learn some new words, their synonyms, and antonyms.
- Try to do at least 1 cloze test daily.
- Practice 4-5 Direct/Indirect speech questions daily.
- Practice 4-5 Active/Passive voice questions daily.
4. General Awareness
- Try to cover daily current affairs as most of the questions asked in this section are from current affairs.
- Cover Static part of the general awareness on a daily basis.
- Don’t ignore this section. Allot a fixed time daily for the General Awareness section.
- Make a note of important events from the daily current affairs which can be used for revision at the later stages of preparation.
- Cover questions from the SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf provided on the page to understand the weightage of different topics.
- If prepared properly, this section can help you boost your score as most of the students avoid this section while preparing for the SSC CHSL exam.
Benefits of Practicing SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF:
1. By practicing the SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper pdf you can get clarity of the respective exam pattern and syllabus.
2. By referring to the SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper you can identify the Important weightage Topics.
3. The final cut-off is based on the difficulty level of the questions. By practicing the SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper PDF, you can get the difficulty level of the questions.
4. After the completion of the practicing by analyzing the test you can know your stronger and weaker areas.
4. Time Management & Accuracy is the most needed one for all the candidates. You can get it by referring to the previous year question papers.
SSC CHSL Pay Scale For All the Posts
Check out the SSC CHSL pay scale which you would be earning after you have qualified for the SSC CHSL exam.
|1||Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200 – 20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)|
|2||Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA)||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200),Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|3||Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|4||Data Entry Operator, Grade “A‟||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
Q: What is the advantage of practicing with SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf?
A: SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf can be of great help in understanding the pattern of the exam and also to know the level of questions that are being asked in the exam. It can also help you understand the topics from which most of the questions are asked.
Q: What are the 2 best strategies to crack the SSC CHSL exam?
A: Practicing with SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf and attending regular mock tests are the 2 best strategies.
Q: Can I get the pdf format of SSC CHSL previous year papers?
A: Yes, here we have given the pdf format of the SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf in this page. You can download them and keep them on your device for regular practice.
Q: From where can I download the SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf?
A: At the beginning of the page, you can see the download links for the SSC CHSL papers for different dates and shifts on which the exams were held.
Q: Are SSC CHSL previous year papers important for the preparation?
A: Yes, SSC CHSL previous year papers are the most important part of the preparation. Candidates must first go through the previous year pdfs provided on this page and understand the requirements of the exam and then prepare accordingly.
Q: Can I rely only on the previous year papers for my preparation?
A: No, apart from the previous year papers you will need to attempt regular mock tests and improve on the areas in which you lack.
Q: How should I start my preparation for the SSC CHSL exam?
A: You should start your SSC CHSL preparation with the previous year papers themselves. Even you do not understand much at the start of your preparation then also it will help you prioritize the topics which you should cover first while preparing for the SSC CHSL exam.
Q: Does the SSC CHSL previous year question paper pdf cover questions from all the sections?
A: Yes, once you download the pdf from the link given on this page you will be able to see the past year questions of all the sections.