SSC CHSL Notification: Staff selection commission is the organisation that holds Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exams every year to recruit candidates for various positions. The posts for which the SSC CHSL Exam is conducted are –Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO) and Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC). SSC CHSL Notification for Recruitment 2020-21 is yet to be released. Until then, let’s look at the important details you must know about SSC CHSL recruitment 2020.
SSC CHSL Notification 2020: Important Dates
Candidates can also check the tentative SSC CHSL 2021 Important dates in the below table:-
|SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020 Important Dates|
|SSC CHSL Notification Date||30th November 2020|
|Online Form submission Start||30th November 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application||15th December 2020|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Dates||Available Soon|
SSC CHSL Recruitment -: Post Details & Payscale
|1||Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200 – 20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)|
|2||Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA)||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200),|
Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised
|3||Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|4||Data Entry Operator, Grade “A‟||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: Selection Process
SSC recruitment board will conduct the recruitment drive in multi phases. They are
- Tier – I Exam
- Tier – II Exam
- Skill Test/Type Test
- Document Verification
SSC CHSL Notification 2020 Tier – I Exam Pattern
- As per the SSC CHSL Notifcation, The Tier 1 exam is an online-based CBT.
- It comprises of 4 sections namely
- English Language (Basic Knowledge), General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude
(Basic Arithmetic Skill), General Awareness.
- Each section has 25 questions and a total of 100 questions.
- Maximum mark will be 200 marks.
- This will be conducted for 60 minutes.
|S.No||Section||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language(Basic Knowledge)||25||50||60 minutes|
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
SSC CHSL Tier – II Exam Pattern
- As per the SSC CHSL Notifcation, The Tier 2 exam is a descriptive type of pen & paper mode.
- The duration will be for one hour.
- It comprises an Essay of about 200 – 250 words and Letter/Application of about 150 – 200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks will be 33%.
- This is applicable for Data Entry Operator posts.
- Data Entry speed of about 8,000 keys should be depressed in one hour.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in
English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions.
- The medium of Typing Test will be Hindi and English.
- For English medium should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.).
- Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.).
- Candidates who qualify the above phases will be called for the Document Verification process.
- Candidates should bring all the original documents and should submit at the time of the verification process.
Attemt SSC CHSL Mock Test Now
SSC CHSL Notification 2020 – Eligibility
|Age Limit – SSC CHSL Jobs (relaxation is applicable)|
|SSC CHSL Notification-2020-21||Minimum: 18 years|
Maximum: 27 years
For SSC CHSL 2020 recruitment, Candidates should possess an HSC or its equivalent from any recognized board. You can also see the previous year’s notification to read in detail.
Application Process – SSC CHSL Recruitment
|SSC CHSL Notification Application Mode||Online|
|Application Fee||For GEN/OBC: Rs. 100/-|
For SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen/Women: NIL
|SSC CHSL Notification Payment Process||Online payment BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan|
How to apply for SSC CHSL Notification 2020?
You will be able to apply only after official SSC CHSL notification is released, until then we are sharing the details of the application procedure.
- Candidates will have to visit the SSC official site
- In the home page itself, there will be an SSC CHSL recruitment Notification PDF link.
- Click on the link, you will get the SSC CHSL 2020 Notification(after it is released).
- Read the notification to know your eligibility criteria and recruitment process.
- The Apply Online link will be activated.
- You will have to fill all the mandatory fields.
- And then finally Submit your application on or before the last date.
SSC CHSL 2020 -FAQ’s
Q.1. SSC CHSL exam is online or offline ?
A.1. SSC conducts CHSL exam via online mode.
Q.2. Is there negative marking in SSC CHSL examination?
A.2. Yes. 0.5 marks are deducted in case of wrong attempts
Q.3. When will the SSC CHSL notification come?
A.2. It is expected to be out in mid-November. Watch out this space to receive timely updates.