This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) The World Environment Day is observed every year on June 5.The ecosystem restoration of which among the following country has been highlighted in 2021?
2) International Day for the Fight Against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing has been observed every year on June 5. The day was declared by which among the following Organisation?
3) The new system for Insurance claims has been introduced by the centre to fight against COVID 19 for Health Workers under which of the following scheme?
(a) Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package
(b) Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
(c) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
(d) Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana
4) After the Proposal by TamilNadu CM, Tamillanguage has been introduced in the CoWIN App. Now, how many languages are totally available in CoWIN app including Tamil?
5) The Education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has extended the validity period of the Teachers Eligibility Test Certificate to lifetime from its existing _________.
(a) 5 Years
(b) 11 Years
(c) 15 Years
(d) 7 Years
6) The YounTab scheme has been launched by the Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh in Leh.Under the Scheme, the tablets would be distributed to the government school students from ___________.
(a) Class 6th to 10th
(b) Class 6th to 8th
(c) Class 9th to 12th
(d) Class 6th to 12th
7) How much Percentage of reservation has been announced for the girls of engineering and medical colleges by the Bihar CM Nitish Kumar?
8) How much percentage of state budget has been allocated for the creation of a special purpose vehicle for operations and maintenance of large multi-village surface water supply in the Punjab?
9) In which among the following two districts, the NABARD has set up two mega piped drinking water supply projects worth Rs 254 crore?
(a) Puri &Amristar
(b) Ferozepur & Jajpur
(c) Jalandhar & Jajpur
(d) Puri & Jajpur
10) The International Booker Prize has won by David Diop for the book titled ‘At Night All Blood Is Black’. The book has the reflections on _____________.
11) According to the third edition of the Sustainable Development Goals India Index and Dashboard 2020-21, which among the following UT has reached the 2nd position?
12) The Former President and Prime Minister of Mauritius Sir Anerood Jugnauth has passed away recently. Hehad received the Padma Vibhushan award in which year?
13) Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, ThaawarchandGehlot has virtually launched the SAGE initiative and SAGE portal for elderly persons. What does ‘E’ mean in SAGE?
1) Answer: D
World Environment Day is celebrated annually on 5 June and is the United Nations’ principal vehicle for encouraging awareness and action for the protection of the environment.
This year, the theme of World Environment Day is “Reimagine. Recreate. Restore.”
The purpose of World Environment Day is to spread awareness about the threat to
the environment due to rising pollution levels and climate change.
2) Answer: B
The UN General Assembly declared 5 June as the “International Day for the Fight Against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing.
In a world of growing population and persistent hunger, fish are an important commodity for the achievement of food security.
However, efforts by the international community to ensure the sustainability of fisheries are
compromised by illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing activities.
3) Answer: A
The Centre has introduced a new system for processing of the Insurance claims provided under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP) Insurance Scheme for the Health Workers Fighting COVID-19.
The Union Ministry of Health mentioned that states and other stakeholders had been raising
the matter that the processing of the insurance claims was getting delayed.
With a view to streamline and simplify the processing of the insurance claims, it has been
decided to start a new system for approval of claims.
4) Answer: C
The Centre has assured to include Tamil language in the CoWIN app facility after an appeal from Tamilnadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin. The Tamilnadu Government stated that along with the nine existing languages included in the CoWIN app, the facility in Tamil language will be available in a day or two according to the Principal Health Secretary.
5) Answer: D
The Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced that the government has decided to extend the validity period of the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) qualifying certificate from 7 years to lifetime with retrospective effect from 2011.
In 2020, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) in its 50th meeting of the general body had approved the extension of the TET certificate validity from 7 years to a lifetime.
6) Answer: D
Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh RK Mathur launched the YounTab scheme for students and distributed 12,300 tablets among them virtually in Leh.
The YounTab scheme is an initiative of the Department of School Education with technical support by the Information Technology Department under which 12,300 tablets with preloaded online and offline content, including textbooks, video lectures and online class applications, would be distributed to government school students from Class 6th to 12th.
7) Answer: C
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar took a major decision with the announcement of a 33% reservation for girls in engineering and medical colleges of the state.
The Chief Minister mentioned that at least one-third of the seats in the enrollment in engineering and medical colleges of the state should be reserved for girl students as it would increase the number of girl students.
8) Answer: B
The Punjab cabinet gave its nod for the creation of a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for operations and maintenance of large multi-village surface water supply schemes across the state.
Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, also accorded approval to open an account in the name of the SPV, with seed money of Rs 25 crore allocated from the World Bank funds (64 per cent) and state budget (36 per cent), to support its functioning in the initial five years.
9) Answer: D
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned Rs 254 crore to set up two mega piped drinking water supply projects in Odisha under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF).
The two mega projects will come up in the Puri district and the Jajpur district. The projects will contribute to achieving the goal of providing drinking water to the rural population by 2022.
10) Answer: D
David Diop has become the first French author to win the International Booker Prize with At Night All Blood Is Black. Alongside translator Anna Moschovakis, he was named as the winner of the award in a virtual ceremony at Coventry Cathedral.
The pair will share £50,000 prize money. Hughes-Hallett stated the book included interesting
reflections on colonialism.
11) Answer: B
NITI Aayog launched the third edition of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index and Dashboard 2020-21.
Kerala retained the top spot in 2021 SDG India Index
In Union Territories Chandigarh Topped Followed by Delhi & Puducherry.
The theme of SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020–21 : Partnerships in the Decade of Action.
12) Answer: A
Sir Anerood Jugnauth, the former President and Prime Minister of Mauritius, has passed away. He was 91.
Jugnauth, who served as Mauritius’ President twice and Prime Minister six times, was accorded with India’s second-highest civilian honour Padma Vibhushan in 2020.
13) Answer: B
The Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri ThaawarchandGehlot virtually launched the SAGE (Seniorcare Aging Growth Engine) initiative and SAGE portal for elderly persons.
The SAGE portal will be a one-stop access of elderly care products and services by credible
This will help to make the programmes for elderly care a national movement rather than
just a government programme.