This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) What is the theme of the World oceans day 2021, observed every year on June 8?
(a) Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean
(b) Preventing plastic pollution and encouraging solutions for a healthy ocean
(c) Our Oceans, Our Future
(d) The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods
2) PM Modi has recently extended the time period of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana to November 2021. When wasthe PMGKAY launched?
(a) June 2020
(b) November 2020
(c) April 2020
(d) March 2020
3) What is the increased limit of family pension for the family members of the deceased employees raised by the central government from its existing Rs 45,000?
(a) 1lakh 75 Thousand
(b) 1lakh 55 Thousand
(c) 1lakh 25 Thousand
(d) 1lakh 50Thousand
4) The Assam Chief Minister has declared the Raimona national Park as the 6th National park in the state. This National Park is situated in which district of Assam?
5) Which state government has launched the Knowledge Economy Mission to provide employment to the educated and support ‘knowledge workers’ under a single programme?
6) Which among the following social media platform has appointed Spoorthi Priya as the Grievance Officer for India recently?
7) India’s largest stock exchange member’s body” Association of National Exchanges Members of India” has recently appointed its new President KK Maheshwari. Who among the following has been replaced by him?
(a) Pawan Kumar Bagri
(b) Vijay Singhania
(c) Anup Khandelwal
(d) Rajesh Baheti
8) Arun Raste has been appointed as the MD & CEO of National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange. Which among the following organization has cleared the appointment?
9) Maldives Foreign ministerAbdulla Shahidhas been elected as the president of what session of 193 – member United Nations General Assembly?
10) Vice Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar has recently been appointed as the Director General of Naval Operations. Which of the following missiles were not commanded by him?
(a) INS Kora
(b) INS Shivalik
(c) INS Viraat
(d) INS Kalinga
11) Sanjeev Nandan Sahai has been elected as the new chairman of Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board. Who among the following headed the Search Committee which was selected Sahai as the Chairman?
(b)V K Saraswat
(c) V K Paul
12) Alok Kumar, who replaced Manoj Kumar, has recently been appointed as the new chief secretary of which of the following state?
13) The film ‘Water Burial’ has won the best film award on environment conservation at what edition of the National Films Awards 2021?
14) An Assamese litterateureDr Lakshmi Nandan Bora has recently passed away. He received the Padma Shri award in which of the following year?
1) Answer: D
World Oceans Day is an international day that takes place annually on 8 June. The theme for World Oceans Day 2021 is ‘The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods’.
The concept was originally proposed in 1992 by Canada’s International Centre for Ocean Development and the Ocean Institute of Canada at the Earth Summit – UN Conference on Environment and Development in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
2) Answer: D
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the extension of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) till Diwali this year to ensure free ration is provided to those in need.
As part of the central scheme, 80 crore Indians will receive a fixed quantity of food grains per month till November.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana is a food security welfare scheme announced by the Government of India in March 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic in India. The program is operated by the Department of Food and Public Distribution under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
3) Answer: C
Central government has raised upper ceiling for family pension from Rs 45,000 to Rs 1, 25,000 per month to provide ‘ease of living’ for the family members of the deceased employees and would provide adequate financial security to them.
In case of death of both parents of a child, he/she is eligible to draw two family pensions.
Now this amount has been hike and clarifications in this regard have been issued too.
4) Answer: D
Raimona in Assam’s Kokrajhar district was declared as the state’s sixth national park.
Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma made an announcement in this regard on the occasion of World Environment Day.
The state’s Environment and Forest Department has issued a notification declaring Raimona as a national park. The chief minister mentioned a process was on to also convert the Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary into a national park.
5) Answer: B
The Kerala State government has launched the Knowledge Economy Mission to bring the ongoing efforts to provide employment to the educated and support ‘knowledge workers’ under a single programme.
This digital platform will create a great opportunity for those who took a break from work and jobless to connect with global employers.
The digital platform was developed in collaboration with the Kerala University of Digital Sciences, Innovation and Technology (formerly IIITM-K).
6) Answer: A
Social media platform Facebook named Spoorthi Priya as its grievance officer for India.
This move comes close on the heels of the new Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021, coming into force last month.
According to the new government guidelines, social media companies with over 50 lakh users have to appoint a grievance officer, nodal officer and a chief compliance officer.
7) Answer: C
Mr. KK Maheshwari has assumed the role of new president of Association of National Exchanges Members of India (ANMI), India’s largest stock exchange member’s body.
He takes over from the outgoing president Mr. Anup Khandelwal.
Mr. Maheshwari will lead ANMI in 2021, a year which is both unique and challenging for the organisation. ANMI will enter the important milestone of 25 years of its establishment in August 2021.
8) Answer: D
Arun Raste has taken charge as Managing Director and CEO of the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange. His term is valid for five years.
Prior to joining NCDEX, Raste was associated with the National Dairy Development Board as an Executive Director.
He has also worked with private sector banks such as IDFC First Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank besides Nabard and ACC Cement.
9) Answer: C
Maldives Foreign minister Abdulla Shahid has been elected as the president of the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
The tenure of the post is one year and is a prestigious one due to authority over the working of the General Assembly.
10) Answer: D
Vice Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar, AVSM, VSM has assumed charge as Director General Naval Operations.
The Flag Officer is a specialist in Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and has served on frontline warships of the Navy as ASW Officer and later as the Executive Officer and Principal Warfare Officer of Guided Destroyer INS Mysore.
He has commanded the missile corvette INS Kora, the missile frigate INS Shivalik and the aircraft carrier INS Viraat.
11) Answer: B
Former power secretary Sanjeev Nandan Sahai has been selected as the new chairman of oil regulator Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB).
12) Answer: A
Senior IAS officer Alok Kumar took charge as the new chief secretary of Tripura. He replaces Manoj Kumar, who has been transferred and posted as Special Chief Resident Commissioner of Tripura Bhavan, New Delhi.
13) Answer: C
Water Burial has won the best film award on environment conservation at the 67th National Films Awards 2021.
The film, which is directed by independent filmmaker Shantanu Sen in Monpa dialect, has garnered positive reviews for its uniqueness in portraying the rituals of the tribals of the Northeast and bringing the attention of the mainstream media towards it.
14) Answer: D
Noted Assamese litterateur Dr Lakshmi Nandan Bora passed away. He was 89.
Born in June 1932 in Hatichung of Kudijah village, Assam. Lakshmi Nandan Bora’s first short story, titled Bhaona, was published in Assamese magazine, Ramdhenu, in 1954.
Bora was also honoured with Padma Shri, the fourth highest Indian civilian award, in 2015.He received the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1988 for his novel Patal Bhairavi