This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) Dehing Patkai of Assam has been officially noted as the National Park by the Assam government. Now, how many national parks are located in which among the following parks?
2) Read the statement about the Jagananna Thodu scheme.
i) This Scheme is entirely launched for Healthcare workers.
ii) This Scheme will provide an interest free loan of Rs 10,000.
iii) A total of Rs 370 crore has been allotted for the scheme.
iv) The scheme has been extended for the third consecutive year.
Which among the following statements are true about the scheme?
(a) Only ii) & iii) are true
(b) Only iv) is true
(c) Only i) & iv are true
(d) None is true
3) Which among the following Union Territory administration has reserved all their government jobs for the locals residents as per the Union Territory of Employment (Subordinate) Service Recruitment Rules, 2021?
(a) New Delhi
(c) Andaman & Nicobar
4) ‘Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination’ campaign has been launched by the Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal to vaccinate all people of the state of above 45 years within a target of how many weeks?
(a)Within Four weeks
(b)Within One week
(c)Within Two weeks
(d)Within Three weeks
5) Anup Purohit has been appointed as______________ by the Bangalore based IT services major Wipro Ltd.
6) SM Shafiuddin Ahmed has been appointed as the Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh by replacing whom among the following?
(a) Shafiuddin Ahmed
(b) Aziz Ahmed
(c) Iqbal Karim Bhuiyan
(d) Mohammed Abdul Mubeen
7) The Asia Pacific Productivity Championship Award has been conferred to R S Sodhi of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation by Asian Productivity Organization. The APO belongs to which country?
8) The PEN Pinter Prize for the year 2021 has been conferred to Tsitsi Dangarembga. He belongs to which among the following country?
9) Under the Swacchatha Action Plan for 2020-21, how many higher educational institutions in India has been selected for “One District – One Green Champion ” awards recently announced by the Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education?
10) Which among the following airport has been awarded the Platinum Recognition in the over 25 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category by the ACI?
(a)Kochi International Airport Limited
(b)Chennai International Airport Limited
(c)Hyderabad International Airport Limited
(d)Delhi International Airport Limited
11) DBS Bank has been ranked first in the Forbes World’s Best Banks 2021 list. It is the _______ edition of Forbes World’s Best Banks 2021 list .
12) At the UK Asian Film Festival, the Best Actor award has been bagged by Tillotama Shome for which of the following film?
(a) Union Leader
(b) The Song of Scorpions
(c) The Waiting City
(d) Raahgir: The Wayfarers
13) The first CAR-T cell therapy of the country has been developed at the Bone Marrow Transplant unit at ACTREC, Tata Memorial Centre in collaboration with which of the following IIT institutes?
(a) IIT Bombay
(b) IIT Ropar
(c) IIT Delhi
(d) IIT Kanpur
14) Argostemma quarantena, a new variety of which of the following crop has been discovered in Wagamon hills of Kerala?
(a) Cashew Plant
(b) Pepper Plant
(c) Tea Plant
(d) Coffee Plant
15) A book titled “Tiananmen square the making of protest” has been authored by Vijay Gokhale. He was a former ___________ of the country.
(a) Defence secretary
(b) Foreign secretary
(c) Home secretary
(d) Finance secretary
16) Who among the following has become the first highest active international goal scorer with a total score of 103?
(a) Sunil Chhetri
(b) Ferenc Puskás
(c) Mokhtar Dahari
(d) Cristiano Ronaldo
17) Buddhadeb Dasguptahas passed away recently. He was a famous film makerof which among the following language?
18) N. Dingko Singh, a former Asian Games gold medallist, has passed away recently. He belonged to which of the following sports?
1) Answer: C
The Government of Assam has notified Dehing Patkai as a National Park.
Assam Minister for Environment and Forest, Parimal Suklabaidya stated, “Raimona and Dihing Patkai National Parks have been formally notified, adding to Assam’s total tally of National Park (NP) to 7.
Assam has become the second state in the country to have the highest number of NPs. The newly created NPs will help to boost conservation efforts and provide fillip to tourism and agriculture sectors.”
2) Answer: A
Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will be launching Jagananna Thodu scheme, which aims at providing a helping hand to small and petty vendors across the State.
Under the scheme, an interest-free loan of Rs 10,000 will be provided to 3.7 lakh small and petty vendors at an expenditure of Rs 370 crore.
The scheme was launched by Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy on November 25, 2020 and this is the second consecutive year the scheme is being extended to benefit the small and petty vendors.
The main objective of the scheme is to free vendors from paying heavy interest to the loans taken from private parties.
3) Answer: D
In a major decision that could bring joy to the residents of frontier Ladakh region, the Union Territory (UT) administration has reserved all government jobs for the locals.
The new recruitment rules were announced by Ladakh’s Lieutenant Governor R K Mathur.
“No person shall be qualified for appointment to the Service unless the person is a Resident of Union Territory of Ladakh,” read the Union Territory of Ladakh Employment (Subordinate) Service Recruitment Rules, 2021.
4) Answer: A
With the aim to vaccinate all people above 45 years against COVID-19 in Delhi within the next four weeks, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched ‘Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination’ campaign.
Main objective is within four weeks if there is no shortage of vaccines, all the people above 45 years of age will be vaccinated in Delhi.
5) Answer: C
IT services major Wipro Ltd has appointed Anup Purohit as its chief information officer (CIO).
Purohit brings with him over 25 years of experience across banking and financial services, centered around innovation in digital banking, financial management, business solutions & service delivery, portfolio & program management, risk & controls and information security.
6) Answer: B
Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed will replace outgoing Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh Army General Aziz Ahmed.
Ahmed will take charge of the Bangladesh Army in a formal handover on June 24 when General Aziz formally retires.
7) Answer: B
In recognition of enhanced productivity and efficient milk supply chain, R S Sodhi, managing director, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), was conferred with the regional award as Asia Pacific Productivity Champion from Asian Productivity Organization (APO), Tokyo, Japan.
This is the first time in the past 20 years an Indian has received the prestigious award.
He was unanimously recommended for the award by the Government of India’s National Productivity Council (NPC) under the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
8) Answer: D
Tsitsi Dangarembga, the Booker-shortlisted Zimbabwean writer, has won the PEN Pinter Prize in 2021.
The annual award is given to an author who, the website specifies, must have “a significant body of plays, poetry, essays, or fiction of outstanding literary merit, written in English.”
The PEN Pinter Prize was established in 2009 in memory of Nobel-Laureate playwright Harold Pinter.
The prize is awarded annually to a writer of outstanding literary merit resident in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth or the former Commonwealth.
9) Answer: A
The Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education of the Union Ministry of Education has announced the “One District – One Green Champion ” awards for 2020-21 to 400 higher educational institutions of the country, including 12 from Bihar under the Swacchatha Action Plan.
The 12 higher educational institutions selected for the prestigious “One District-One Green Champion Awards” are St. Xavier’s College of Management and Technology from Patna and other institutions from Begusarai, Darbhanga, Gaya, Purnia, Bhagalpur, Nalanda, Sitamarhi, Gopalganj, East Champaran, Khagaria, Gopalganj and Madhubani.
This award is given for the contribution of selected higher educational institutions to the Swachhtha Education and Practices.
10) Answer: D
The Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), a GMR Group led consortium, has been awarded the Platinum Recognition in the over 25 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category, while the GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL) received the Gold Recognition by the ACI in the below 25 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category.
ACI’s Green Airports Recognition programme promotes environmental best practices to minimize the aviation industry’s impact on the environment and recognizes ACI Asia-Pacific members for outstanding environmental initiatives and projects.
11) Answer: B
DBS has been named by Forbes in their list of World’s Best Banks 2021.
DBS was ranked #1 out of 30 domestic and international bank in India for the second consecutive year.
This is the third edition of the ‘World’s Best Banks’ list by Forbes, conducted in partnership with market research firm Statista.
12) Answer: D
Actor Tillotama Shome has made everyone proud by winning the Best Actor award at the latest edition of the UK Asian Film Festival.
Tillotama Shome wins best actor award for Raahgir: The Wayfarers at UK Asian Film Festival.
Apart from Thillotama, filmmaker Goutam Ghose has also won the award for Best Director
13) Answer: A
On June 4, the country’s first CAR-T cell therapy was done at the Bone Marrow Transplant unit at ACTREC, Tata Memorial Centre in Mumbai.
This trial is the joint effort of the IIT bombay and Tata Memorial Centre. It was supported by the Department of Biotechnology through the National Biopharma Mission-BIRAC.
The central government’s National Biopharma Mission-BIRAC has approved Rs 19.15 crore to the team for conducting a first-in-human phase-1/2 clinical trial of the CAR-T cells.
Each patient”s CAR-T cell therapy costs Rs 3-4 crore, and currently this technology is not available in India.
14) Answer: D
A New Species of Coffee Plant Argostemma quarantena Discovered in Wagamon hills, Kerala.
The New Species belongs to the family Rubiaceae. Argostemma quarantena to commemorate the lives lost in Pandemic.
The plant was recognized by an analysis group consisting of Anoop P. Balan and A.J. Robi, school of the Division of Botany, Bishop Abraham Memorial School, Thuruthicad, Pathanamthitta district; and N. Sasidharan, former Chief Scientist, Kerala Forest Analysis Institute (KFRI), Peechi.
15) Answer: B
A New Book titled Tiananmen square the making of protest Authored by Former Indian foreign secretary Vijay Gokhale.
The Book is Published by HarperCollins Publishers.The Book deals with the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests in China from an Indian perspective in a persuasive and precise manner
The Book Mainly focuses on the principal player of the time, Deng Xiaoping, the general secretary of the all-powerful Chinese Communist Party (CCP).
16) Answer: D
On June 07, 2021, Captain of the Indian football team, Sunil Chhetri became the second-highest active international goalscorer with 74 goals.
Cristiano Ronaldo (103) is in the list of active footballers with the most international goals.
17) Answer: D
On June 10, 2021, Bengali filmmaker Buddhadeb Dasgupta Passed away. He was 77.
He was a famous poet, his published works of poetry include Suitcase, Himjog, Govir Araley, Coffin Kimba, Chhaata Kahini, Roboter Gaan, Sreshtha Kabita, and Bhomboler Ascharya Kahini O Ananya Kabita.
18) Answer: C
Former Asian Games gold medallist, boxer N. Dingko Singh passed away. He was 42.
N.Dingko Singh had been Serving as a coach in the Indian personnel.He was a Sports Authority of India coach in Imphal.