This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) Global Wind Day has been observed every year on June 15. Which country is knownas the Country of Winds?
2) What is the 2021 theme of the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, celebrated every year on June 15?
(a) Access to Justice
(b)Understand and End Financial Abuse of Older People: A Human Rights Issue
(c) Moving from Awareness to Action througha Human Rights based approach
(d) Lift up Voices
3) International Day of Family Remittances has been observed every year on which of the following day?
(a) June 19
(b) June 15
(c) June 17
(d) June 16
4) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated two Centres of excellencein New Delhi. The centres were established by which among the following organization?
5) ‘Project O2 for India’ has recently been launched by the Government of Indiato meet the potential increase in demand due to further waves of the pandemic. It is an initiative of __________.
(c) Principal Scientific Adviser
(d) Prime Minister
6) The Odisha Government has recently celebrated ‘Raja Parba’, a festival of womanhood. The Festival is filled with ____________.
(a) Varieties of Cakes
(b) Varieties of Toffees
(c) Varieties of Mangoes
(d) Varieties of Cookies
7) Which variety of Geographical IndicationscertifiedMangoes has been exported from Bihar to the United Kingdom?
8) Which E-Commerce Platform has appointed Girish Koppad as the Vice President and Head of Technology?
9) Who among the following has been appointed as the Global Chief Executive Officer of Sterling and Wilson Solar Ltd?
(a) Vinay Kumar
(b) M H Jaavedh
(c) Baghat Sharma
(d) Amit Jain
10) Ajai Puri has been re-elected as the Chairman of COAI. He was currently working as Chief Operating Officer of which among the following company?
(a) Bharti Airtel
(b) Vodafone Idea
11) Rebeca Grynspan has been appointed as the new secretary general of United Nations Conference on Trade & Development. She hails from which country?
(b) El Salvador
12) How many Sri Lankan peacekeepers have been honoured with UN medals by United Nations Mission in South Sudan for their service?
13) How many Cricket Icons have included into the ICC Hall of Fame to celebrate the prestigious history of Test cricket?
14) Which among the following state has decided to present its own versions of the Bharat Ratna and the Padma awards from next year?
(a) Tamil Nadu
15) Dagmara multipurpose hydropower project has been set up in Bihar by signing an MOU with National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited.This Project has been set up on which river?
(a) Kosi River
(b) Falgu River
(c) Gangi River
(d) Kankai River
16) “Jivan Vayu”is the first device in India that functions even without electricity to deliver high flow oxygen. The device was designed by which among the following IIT?
(a) IIT Hyderabad
(b) IIT Ropar
(c) IIT Delhi
(d) IIT Kharagpur
17) The European Space Agency has set to launch “EnVision” on Ariane 6 rocket to study the Venus. This Satellite is set to be launched in which of the following year?
18) Pyrostria laljii,a new 15-meter-tall tree, belongs to the coffee family has been recently discovered in which of the following?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
(d) Andaman Islands
19) The International Weightlifting Federation has recently announced that Mirabai Chanu has qualified for Tokyo Olympics under which Category?
(a) 55 Kg
20) Kathryn Bryce has been named as the International Cricket Council Players of the Month of May. She hails from which country?
21) Sanchari Vijay, a famous Actor of which language, has passed away recently?
1) Answer: D
World Wind Day also known as Global Wind Day is observed every year on 15 June 2021.
The event is is celebrated to discover and spread awareness about wind, its power and the possibilities it holds to change our energy systems, decarbonise our economies and boost employment and growth.
It is organised by WindEurope and GWEC. Denmark is called the country of winds.
2) Answer: A
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is observed on June 15 every year to raise awareness about abuse and neglect of older persons and raising awareness of the cultural, social, economic, and demographic processes affecting elder abuse and neglect.
The current theme of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is ‘Access to Justice’.
The International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse and the World Health Organization at the United Nations (UN) launched the first World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) on June 15, 2006 in an effort to unite communities around the world in raising awareness about elder abuse.
3) Answer: D
June 16th marks the annual International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR), which recognizes the financial contributions made by 250 million migrant workers to sustainable international development.
4) Answer: B
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated two centers of excellence established by the Border Roads Organization (BRO) at Seema Sadak Bhawan in New Delhi.
Mr. Singh also flagged off the first-ever solo women motorcycle expedition by Kanchan Ugursandi to Umling La Pass, Ladakh and back. The aim of the Centre of Excellence for Road Safety & Awareness (CoERSA) is to create awareness about road safety.
This will be done through analysis sharing of the accidents on the road as well as suggesting various methods that would help in saving lives.
5) Answer: C
Centre has launched ‘Project O2 for India’ to step up production of medical oxygen to meet the potential increase in demand due to further waves of the pandemic.
‘Project O2 for India’, an initiative of the Office of Principal Scientific Adviser, Government of India (GoI), aims to help stakeholders working to augment the country’s ability to meet the rise in demand for medical oxygen.
Under the project, a ‘National Consortium of Oxygen’ is enabling supply of critical raw materials such as zeolites, setting up of small oxygen plants, manufacturing compressors, final products such as oxygen plants, concentrators, and ventilators.
6) Answer: A
Raja Parba, a 3-day festival celebrating womanhood is being celebrated across Odisha.
During this period, it is believed that Mother Earth menstruates and prepares herself for future agricultural activities with the arrival of monsoon.
The festival is synonymous with varieties of cakes (pithas). Odisha Tourism Development Corporation (OTDC) launched a special programme named ‘Pitha on Wheels’.
7) Answer: C
India exported the first commercial consignment of Geographical Indications (GI) certified ‘Jardalu’ mangoes from Bhagalpur, Bihar, to the United Kingdom giving a possible boost to the potential of farm exports from the eastern region.
APEDA has been initiating measures to boost mango exports from the non-traditional regions.
8) Answer: D
E-commerce platform Snapdeal announced the appointment of Girish Koppad as Vice President and Head of Technology.
Previously he was serving as the former Samsung executive.
At Snapdeal, he will lead Technology Engineering and will spearhead development and services for technology infrastructure and data centres.
9) Answer: D
Sterling and Wilson Solar Ltd announced the appointment of Amit Jain as Global CEO.
He succeeds Bikesh Ogra, who relinquished the position with effect from May 31, 2021.
Ogra will continue as a Director on the Board of the company.
10) Answer: A
COAI stated Ajai Puri, Chief Operating Officer of Bharti Airtel, has been re-elected as Chairman of the industry association for 2021-22.
Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) mentioned that Pramod Kumar Mittal, President of Reliance Jio Infocomm, will continue as Vice Chairman of the association.
11) Answer: D
On June 11, 2021, The United Nations appointed Rebeca Grynspan from Costa Rica as the new secretary general of its trade and development body, of the United Nations Conference on Trade & Development. She was nominated by the UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres.
Grynspan, the first woman and Central American to be appointed as UNCTAD’s Secretary General, is an economist She is currently Ibero-American Secretary General.
12) Answer: C
About 130 Indian peacekeepers deployed with the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) have been honoured with UN medals for their “outstanding performance”.
India is among the largest troop contributing countries to UN peacekeeping missions.
About 135 Indian and 103 Sri Lankan peacekeepers serving in the mission were awarded for their service.
13) Answer: B
The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced a special edition intake of 10 cricket icons including former India cricketer Vinoo Mankad into the ICC Hall of Fame to celebrate the prestigious history of Test cricket, coinciding with this month’s maiden World Test Championship (WTC) final between India and New Zealand.
The stalwarts, who have made great contribution to the game and were inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame are:
- Aubrey Faulkner of South Africa and Monty Noble of Australia (Early Cricket Era, prior to 1918)
- Sir Learie Constantine of West Indies and Stan McCabe of Australia (Inter-War Era, 1918-1945)
- Ted Dexter of England and Vinoo Mankad of India (Post-War Era, 1946-1970)
- Desmond Haynes of West Indie and Bob Willis of England (ODI Era, 1971-1995)
- Andy Flower of Zimbabwe and Kumar Sangakkara of Sri Lanka (Modern Cricket Era, 1996-2015).
- These 10 legends have all made a significant contribution to the history of Test cricket, and join an illustrious list of ICC Hall of Famers, taking the total number to 103 as a result of this intake.
14) Answer: D
The Assam government will present its own versions of the Bharat Ratna and the Padma awards from next year.
The cabinet also instituted other civilian honours such as the Asom Bibhushan Award to be presented to three persons, the Assam Bhushan to five and the Asom Shree to 10 people every year.
These four awards will carry cash prizes of Rs 5 lakh, Rs 3 lakh, Rs 2 lakh and Rs 1 lakh respectively with other benefits like free medical treatment for critical illness, free stay at Assam Bhawans and free travel in ASTC buses, among others.
15) Answer: A
A MoU for Bihar’s mega Dagmara hydroelectric project, initiated with an aim to a new era of growth in the power sector, was signed between the Bihar State Power Holding Corporation and the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited (NHPC).
The MoU was signed for setting up Bihar’s biggest hydroelectric power generation plant called the ‘Dagmara multipurpose hydropower project over the Kosi River in Supaul district.
16) Answer: B
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar has developed a device called ‘Jivan Vayu.
Jivan Vayu can deliver high flow oxygen up to 60 Litres Per Minute (LPM).The new device is the “first to be designed in India that functions even without electricity” and is adapted to both kinds of oxygen generation units like CO2 cylinders and oxygen pipelines.
17) Answer: C
To Study Venus the European Space Agency (ESA) has announced the launching of its probe EnVision.
It will probably be launched to the planet in early 2030.
EnVision is an ESA led mission with contributions from NASA.The EnVision probe of ESA will determine how and why Venus and Earth evolved so differently, even while being in the habitable zone to the Sun.
EnVision launched on an Ariane 6 rocket, the spacecraft will take about 15 months to reach Venus and will take 16 more months to achieve orbit circularisation.
18) Answer: D
A new 15-meter-tall tree Pyrostria laljii, that belongs to the genus of the coffee family has recently been discovered.
It was discovered from the Andaman Islands by a team of researchers from India and the Philippines.
The tree has an umbellate inflorescence with 8-12 flowers. The colour of the flowers varies from white to cream, and turns brown after pollination.
19) Answer: D
India’s Mirabai Chanu, the 2017 world champion in weightlifting, has qualified for the Tokyo Olympics in the women’s 49-kg category announced by the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
The Indian Manipur lifter is ranked second in the women’s 49kg category with 4133,6172 points.
In the men’s 67 kg category, India’s teenage weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga is ranked 12th.
20) Answer: B
Scotland’s Kathryn Bryce and Mushfiqur Rahim of Bangladesh have been named the International Cricket Council (ICC) Players of the Month for May.
Bryce secured the women’s prize after becoming the first Scottish player, male or female, to make it into the top 10 of the ICC rankings. She is third on the T20 all-rounder standings and 10th on the bowling list.
Rahim took the men’s prize after helping Bangladesh to a one-day international series win over Sri Lanka.
21) Answer: C
On June 14, 2021, Noted Kannada Actor Sanchari Vijay Passed Away. He was 37.
Sanchari Vijay was awarded the National Award Best Actor win for Naanu Avanalla…Avalu in 2015.