This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) The International Olympic Day has been celebrated every year on June 23.In which year, it was observed first?
2) On every year June 23, the United Nations Public Service Day has been observed. Which organisation was designated the day?
3) Which of the following minister has launched “JaanHaiToJahaanHai” campaign to create awareness on Corona vaccination in rural and remote areas of the country and also to “Crush and Curb” the rumours?
(a) Minority Affairs Minister
(b) Health Minister
(c) Rural Development Minister
(d) Defence Minister
4) Nikol Vovayi Pashinyan has been recently elected as the Prime minister of Armenia by securing majority votes in the recent election. He was a ___________ by his profession.
(b) Film maker
(c) Sports Person
5) As per the report by Software Technology Parks of India, which state has secured the second place in employment generation under IBPS Scheme?
(b) Tamil Nadu
6) The Agricultural Diversification Scheme-2021 has been recently e-launched by the Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani. What is the total outlay for fertilizer-seed under the scheme?
(a) Rs 30 Crore
(b) Rs 33 Crore
(c) Rs 36 Crore
(d) Rs 31 Crore
7) Which among the following state governor has released a Special Postal Cover released by India Post on the occasion of International Yoga Day?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) West Bengal
8) Upasana Kamineni has been appointed as the “Ambassador of Forest Frontline Heroes” by WWF India. She is currently a director of which of the following Hospital?
(a) Care Hospitals
(b) Fortis Healthcare
(d) Apollo Hospitals
9) Dr. Tadang Minu has become the second women in the country to be appointed as a member of the Coaches Committee of the International Boxing Association. She hails from which state?
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
10) India has signed an MOU with which among the following country for cooperation in the field of Agriculture and allied sectors?
11) Mawya Sudan has become the first woman fighter pilot from Jammu and Kashmir inducted into IAF. She became the ______officer of the country.
12) “EUNAVFOR exercise” has been held between the Indian Navy and European Union Naval Force in which of the following region?
(a) Gulf of Aden
(b) Gulf of Euboea
(c) Gulf of Arta
(d) Gulf of Kiparissia
13) As per the SIPRI Yearbook 2021 report, which country has secured the third position in holding nuclear weapons?
14) Kevin O’Brien has announced his retirement in one-day internationals Cricket. He hails from which country?
(b) Sri Lanka
1) Answer: D
International Olympic Day is celebrated on June 23 to encourage more people to participate in the Olympic Games and raise awareness about the number of sports held during this event.
The theme of International Olympic Day 2021: Stay healthy, stay strong, stay active with the #OlympicDay workout on 23 June.
Olympic day was first celebrated on 23 June 1948. The date 23 June was chosen to celebrate the foundation of the International Olympic Committee at the Sorbonne, Paris, on 23 June 1894.
2) Answer: C
The United Nations Public Service Day is celebrated on June 23 of every year.
This year, the United Nations Public Service Day will be celebrated under the theme of “Innovating the Future Public Service: New Government Models for a New Era to Reach the SDGs”.
The UN Public Service Day was designated by the United Nations General Assembly, to “celebrate the value and virtue of public service to the community”.
3) Answer: A
The Minority Affairs Minister Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launched a nationwide “JaanHaiToJahaanHai” awareness campaign to create awareness on Corona vaccination in rural and remote areas of the country and also to “Crush and Curb” the rumours and apprehensions, being spread by some vested interests regarding the on-going vaccination drive.
Launching the campaign from the Primary Health Centre, Chamraua in Rampur, Uttar Pradesh, Shri Naqvi said that “Hesitation to Vaccination is Corona Invitation”.
4) Answer: D
Nikol Pashinyan, the acting prime minister of Armenia, has claimed victory in a snap parliamentary election.
With 75 percent of results declared, Pashinyan’s Civil Contract party had 55.61 percent of the vote.
Nikol Vovayi Pashinyan is an Armenian politician serving as the prime minister of Armenia since 8 May 2018. A journalist by profession, Pashinyan founded his own newspaper in 1998, which was shut down a year later.
5) Answer: B
The India Business Process Outsourcing Promotion Scheme (IBPS) launched by the Centre has facilitated expansion of several IT and BPO companies in tier-II and III cities across the country.
Under this IBPS Scheme, Andhra Pradesh is the highest in employment generation by creating 12,234 new jobs followed by Tamil Nadu at 9,401 while remaining was spread across Punjab, Odisha, Maharashtra, Jharkhand and Bihar.
Tamil Nadu has become the second State in new job generation. STPI, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, is the executing agency for India BPO Promotion Scheme.
6) Answer: D
Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani e-launched the Agricultural Diversification Scheme-2021 for benefitting vanbandhu-farmers in the tribal areas of the state.
This scheme will benefit more than 126000 Vanbandhu farmers of 14 tribal districts from Ambaji to Umargam in Gujarat.
Under this scheme tribal farmers will get fertilizer-seed assistance of Rs. 31 crores in which 45 kg of urea,50 kg of NPK and 50 kg of ammonium sulphate will be provided.
7) Answer: A
Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan has released a Special Postal Cover brought out by India Post on the occasion of International Yoga Day at a programme held in Raj Bhavan.
Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan stated, Yoga is a 5,000-year-old tradition originated in our country that combines physical, mental and spiritual pursuits to achieve harmony of the body and mind.
8) Answer: D
WWF India has inducted Upasana Kamineni, Director, Apollo Hospitals, as “Ambassador of Forest Frontline Heroes” with the aim to appreciate the efforts of frontline workers in hospitals and in the wildlife protection space.
Upasana Kamineni is granddaughter of Doctor Pratap C Reddy who is the Chairman and co-founder of Apollo Hospitals. Now she is a Director of Apollo Hospitals.
She is the wife of famous South Indian Actor Ram Charan Teja.
9) Answer: B
Arunachal Pradesh woman Dr. Tadang Minu, becomes the first in the state and the second Indian woman in the country to be appointed as a member of the Coaches Committee of the International Boxing Association.
Dr. Tadang has been appointed by AIBA for her enormous knowledge and experience in the field of boxing.
She was also re-elected for another two years as the chairman of the Boxing Federation of India’s Women Commission.
10) Answer: D
Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar and Fiji’s Minister of Agriculture, Waterways & Environment, Dr. Mahendra Reddy signed a Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the field of Agriculture and allied sectors between India and Fiji in a virtual meeting.
The MoU provides for cooperation in the fields of Dairy Industry Development, Rice Industry Development, Root crop diversification, Water Resources Management, Coconut Industry Development, Food Processing Industry Development, Agriculture Mechanization, Horticulture Industry Development, Agricultural Research, Animal Husbandry, Pest and Disease, Cultivation, Value Addition and Marketing, Post-Harvest and Milling, Breeding and Agronomy.
11) Answer: B
Mawya Sudan, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, has become the first woman fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force (IAF) from Rajouri district.
Hailing from the village of Lamberi, of Border Tehsil of Nowshera in Rajouri, she was commissioned into the IAF as Flying Officer.
Mawya has become the 12th woman officer and first from Rajouri to be inducted as a fighter pilot in the IAF.
12) Answer: A
On June 18, 2021, The maiden Indian Navy and European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR) exercise began in the Gulf of Aden.
A total of five warships from four navies were participating in the two-day exercise.
It will enhance and hone their war-fighting skills and their ability as an integrated force to promote peace, security and stability in the maritime domain.
13) Answer: D
Swedish think tank Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) released the SIPRI Yearbook 2021.
In that, SIPRI Yearbook 2021 US remains the top position with the highest nuclear warheads, having 5550 in January 2021, Compared to January 2020 this is a decrease from 5800.
According to the yearbook, India possessed 156 nuclear warheads at the start of 2021 compared to 150 at the start of 2020.India Ranked Sixth Position in the list.
The nine nuclear armed states – the U.S ,Russia, the U.K ,France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea – together possessed an estimated 13,080 nuclear weapons at the start of 2021.
14) Answer: D
Ireland all-rounder Kevin O’Brien has announced his retirement from one-day internationals Cricket.
The 37-year-old Dubliner, will be available for Tests and T20Is. Kevin O’Brien picked 114 ODI wickets, which is the highest by any Irish player.