This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
Dear Aspirants, SSC Current Affairs quiz questions are available here. It will be very helpful to practice for various SSC exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. Aspirants find it very hard to memorize and remember a large data of current affairs. To make it easier, you have to attend SSC current affairs quiz in a regular manner. As you attend quiz regularly, you can find and correct mistakes. This will help you to score more marks in the current affairs section of SSC exams. So, utilize the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here and practice in a regular manner. the SSC current affairs quiz questions available here are from the exam point of view. Also, after attending the quiz, you can check the solution along with the detailed explanation at the bottom. So, that you can learn all the
current affairs news in an effective manner.
1) What is the theme of the International Day of the Tropics, observed every year on 29 June?
(a) Measure progress on Tropics
(b)We are the Tropics
(c) Forests and Energy
(d) Digital Divide in the Tropics
2) On June 29, theWorld Statistics Day has been observed every year on the birth anniversary of whom among the following?
(a) Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya
(b) PC Mahalanobis
(c) Galileo Galilei
(d) Albert Einstein
3) How many bridges have been inaugurated by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in Ladakh among 63 bridges?
4) According to the Mercer Cost of Living Survey 2021, which among the following city is the India’s
most expensive city?
(b) New Delhi
5) Which among the following country has replaced UAE to become India’s second-largest export destination in the FY21?
6) The Prime Minister Narendra Modi would inaugurate a Zen garden and Kaizen Academy in which among the following district of Gujarat?
7) What is the capacity of the country’s first Fenton Catalytic Reactor, inaugurated virtually by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani?
(a) 70 MLD
(c) 30 MLD
(d) 20 MLD
8) Manesh Mahatme has been appointed as theHead of Payments of WhatsApp in India.He was formerly associated with which among the following company?
(a) Google Pay
(d) Amazon Pay
9) The centre has extended the tenure of Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary by three months. Who is the Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh?
(a) Aditya Nath Das
10) The Appointments Committee of the cabinet has appointed Praveen Sinha as the Special Director of which among the following organisation?
11) Which among the following social media has appointed Jeremy Kessel as its new grievance redressal officer for India?
12) Who has been appointed as the chairperson of three-member task force which will assist in bringing major bureaucratic reforms through “Mission Karmayogi”?
(a) Pankaj Bansal
(b) SD Shibu Lal
(c) Egon Zehnder
(d) Govind Iyer
13) The prestigious Diana Award has been conferred to Ishan Kapur.He hails from which among the following state/UT?
14) The Delhi Metro has received the prestigious ‘Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award’ for the year 2020 from which among the following country’s Society of Civil Engineers?
15) Which among the following Indian Naval Ship has commenced its prolonged deployment in number of ports of Africa and Europe till September end, 2021?
(a) INS Tabar
(b) INS Vikrant
(c) INS Rajput
(d) INS Sandhayak
16) The DRDO has successfully flight-tested a New Generation Nuclear Capable Ballistic Missile “Agni P” from which among the following Coast?
(a) Goa Coast
(b) Cochin Coast
(c) Trivandrum Coast
17) Who among the following has released a book called Anomalies in Law and Justice virtually?
(a) MN Venkatachaliah
(b) Arvind Datar
(c) Yashwin Singh
(d) N V Ramana
1) Answer: D
The International Day of the Tropics is observed every year on 29 June to highlight opportunities, unique challenges faced by nations lying between the tropics and celebrates the diversity of tropical regions. Theme of this year is ‘Digital Divide in the Tropics’.
The day aims at promoting tropical regions on the planet and raising awareness about conservation strategies. The Tropics are defined as the area between the tropic of Capricorn and the tropic of Cancer.
2) Answer: B
World Statistics Day is an international day Observed on June 29, to celebrate statistics. The theme of Statistics Day, 2021 is Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)- 2 (End Hunger, Achieve Food Security and Improved Nutrition and Promote Sustainable Agriculture).
The birth anniversary of PC Mahalanobis is observed as National Statistics Day. Often referred to as the ‘father of Indian statistics’, PC Mahalanobis, was born on June 29, 1893 in Calcutta (now Kolkata), West Bengal.
He was a key member of the first Planning Commission of independent India and a Padma Vibhushan awardee. The first National Statistics Day was observed on June 29, 2006. The day is celebrated every five years.
3) Answer: A
With an aim to strengthen the road connectivity in the border areas, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated 63 bridges in six states and two Union Territories built by Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
Among the 63 bridges, 11 are in Ladakh, four in Jammu & Kashmir, three in Himachal Pradesh, six in Uttarakhand, eight in Sikkim, one each in Nagaland and Manipur, and 29 in Arunachal Pradesh.
The combined cost of the projects is Rs 240 crores.
4) Answer: D
Turkmenistan’s capital city Ashgabat has become the world’s most expensive city for foreign workers, according to this year’s Mercer Cost of Living Survey.
List of top 10 expensive cities mostly features global financial hubs like Hong Kong, which was the priciest last year, Tokyo, Shanghai, Zurich and Singapore.
Mumbai remains India’s most expensive city at 78th rank. Other Indian cities on the list are New Delhi (117), Chennai (158), Bengaluru (170), and Kolkata (181).
5) Answer: B
China overtook the UAE to emerge as India’s second-largest export destination in FY21, behind only the US, for the first time.
The US remained the country’s top export partner, according to government data, but shipments declined 2.78% to $51.63 billion in a year when India’s merchandise trade —both exports and imports — fell amid global lockdowns and disruption to logistics due to the pandemic.
6) Answer: D
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate a Zen garden and Kaizen Academy in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad.
A joint endeavour of the Japan Information and Study Centre at AMA and Indo-Japan Friendship Association (IJFA) in Gujarat, ‘Zen-Kaizen’ at AMA seeks to showcase several elements of Japanese art, culture, landscape and architecture. It has been supported by Japan’s Hyogo International Association (HIA).
7) Answer: C
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani virtually inaugurated the country’s first Fenton Catalytic Reactor, an advanced industrial wastewater treatment plant, at Vatva industrial area of the city.
With 30 MLD (million litres per day) capacity, Fenton Catalytic Reactor has been set by the Green Environment Services Co-operative Society Limited (GESCSL) in its premises in Vatva GIDC at a cost of Rs 70 crore.
8) Answer: D
Facebook-owned WhatsApp has hired former Amazon Pay executive Manesh Mahatme as its Head of Payments in India. Mahatme will be working on enhancing the payments experience for users and scaling the service in the country.
9) Answer: A
The Centre has extended the tenure of Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary Aditya Nath Das by three months.
Following the request by Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy to extend the tenure of Das, who is due to retire from service on June 30 on attaining the age of superannuation, by three months, the Centre approved his extension till September 30, 2021.
10) Answer: C
CBI Additional Director Praveen Sinha has been appointed as Special Director of Central Bureau of Investigation.
Special Director is the second senior-most position in the agency after the Director. The post was vacant for the last three years.
11) Answer: D
Social media platform Twitter has appointed US-based Jeremy Kessel as its new grievance redressal officer for India. Kessel’s appointment comes a day after Dharmendra Chatur had resigned from the post of interim resident grievance redressal officer for India.
12) Answer: B
The government appointed former Infosys CEO SD Shibu Lal as chairperson of a three-member task force which will assist in bringing major bureaucratic reforms through “Mission Karmayogi”.
The three-member task force will include Govind Iyer, consultant at global management consulting group Egon Zehnder, and Pankaj Bansal, co-founder and Group CEO of HR tech company PeopleStrong.
13) Answer: D
A 15-year-old boy from Delhi has received the prestigious Diana Award for going above and beyond in his daily life to create and sustain a positive change.
Ishan Kapur, a student at Wellington College (UK), has been recognized with the highest accolade a young person can achieve for social action or humanitarian efforts – The Diana Award.
Ishan works with the Sri Ramakrishna Ashram New Delhi.
14) Answer: C
The Delhi Metro has received the prestigious ‘Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award’ for the year 2020 from the Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE) for its “High-Quality” infrastructure development projects under Phase I, II and III.
This award is given to selective projects in the field of civil engineering technology development across the world. Several countries participate and showcase their projects every year to bag the award.
15) Answer: A
To enhance military cooperation with friendly nations, Indian Naval Ship (INS) Tabar, which commenced its prolonged deployment on June 13, will visit a number of ports in Africa and Europe till September end, 2021.
INS Tabar, is a Talwar-class stealth Frigate built for Indian Navy in Russia.
The ship is also scheduled to participate in bilateral exercises like Ex Konkan with the Royal Navy, Ex Varuna with French Navy and Ex Indra with Russian Federation Navy.
16) Answer: D
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight-tested a New Generation Nuclear Capable Ballistic Missile “Agni P” from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha, Balasore.
Agni P is a new generation advanced variant of the Agni class of missiles.The new ballistic missile, which has a range capability between 1,000 and 2,000 kilometres.
17) Answer: D
Chief Justice of India N V Ramana released a book called Anomalies in Law and Justice Virtually.
The Book has been authored by Chief Justice of India N V Ramana. Former Chief Justice of India MN Venkatachaliah, former Supreme Court docket Justice BN Srikrishna and senior advocate Arvind Datar also present the event.