Dear Aspirants, English Language is an important section for all the competitive exams that occupy an inseparable part. Generally, most of the candidates have lost their marks in this section. This is due to the unawareness of the english section on how to prepare smartly. English section is nothing but it needs to be strong in basic grammar, vocabulary and reading skills. If you are having those skills surely you will score good marks in the examinations. But even though you have the skill, you must practice it regularly then only it will be retained with you. So for your practice purpose, here we have given the questions based on the english language. We have tried to cover all the topics under the latest updated syllabus and exam pattern.
Direction (1-5): In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.
1) Not only her husband (1)/ but even her father (2)/ also find her selfish. (3)/ No Error (4)
2) The West Indies team had (1)/ not won any match (2)/ last year. (3)/ No Error (4)
3) If you inform me of Kanika’s (1)/ arrival time I shall go to (2)/ attend her at the airport. (3)/ No Error (4)
4) Hardly had he come out of the (1)/ cinema hall then the bomb exploded (2)/ and shattered the hall completely. (3)/ No Error (4).
5) Because copper prices are going down (1)/ demand for alternative (2)/ products to copper are lessening. (3)/ No Error (4)
Direction (6-10): In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
6) I agree ____ your proposal.
7) As soon as he received the call _____ the hospital, he left the home.
8) While travelling to Bangalore I ran _____ a very old friend of mine.
9) I will leave Australia before three months _____.
(a) would have passed
(b) would pass
(c) have passed
(d) will pass
10) Ever since Rashmi’s parents died, her maternal grandparents had _____ all her needs.
(a) seen off
(b) seen through
(c) seen to
(d) seen by
1) Answer: C
In option (c) “her father” is a singular noun which will take singular verb thus “finds” should be used.
2) Answer: D
3) Answer: C
Attend should be replaced with receive.
4) Answer: B
Hardly had —when are used in pair. Thus in part (b) then should be replaced with “when”.
5) Answer: C
“Are” should be replaced with “is” as subject is “demand” which is singular.
6) Answer: C
7) Answer: C
8) Answer: D
9) Answer: C
10) Answer: B
seen through is an idioms phrase which means to provide someone with the necessary resources or support to complete something or reach the end of a period of time.
|Check Here to View SSC CGL / CHSL 2021 English Practice Questions|
|Day – 43||Day – 42||Day – 41|