Dear Aspirants, English Language is an important section for all the competitive exams that occupy an inseparable part. Generally, most of the candidates have lost their marks in this section. This is due to the unawareness of the english section on how to prepare smartly. English section is nothing but it needs to be strong in basic grammar, vocabulary and reading skills. If you are having those skills surely you will score good marks in the examinations. But even though you have the skill, you must practice it regularly then only it will be retained with you. So for your practice purpose, here we have given the questions based on the english language. We have tried to cover all the topics under the latest updated syllabus and exam pattern.
Direction (1-5): In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.
1) Roshni always want (1)/ to get the best of facilities (2)/ whether she deserves it or not. (3)/ No Error (4)
2) Rohan’s mother advised (1)/ him not to drive the (2)/ car lately at night. (3)/ No Error (4)
3) I insisted but neither Praveen or his (1)/ friend Bharat is ready (2)/ to work on holiday. (3)/ No Error (4)
4) Prabhat is impressed by his (1)/ younger brother because he is cleverer (2)/ and amusing than he is. (3)/ No Error (4)
5) In order to reach his ofﬁce on time (1)/ Rohan has jogged two miles a day (2)/ until he bought his bike. (3)/ No Error (4)
Direction (6-10): In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be ﬁlled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate itby selecting the appropriate option.
6) My house is adjacent _____ Central park.
7) I prefer walking _____ jogging because I enjoy the gentle exercise of walking much more than jogging.
8) Rohan _____ for this company since 2007.
(a) has been working
(b) is working
(c) had worked
9) Though he is old _____ he is strong.
10) She is a little suspicious _____ Naraine’s true intentions.
1) Answer: A
“Roshni” is a proper name which will take singular verb with it. thus “want” should be replaced with “wants”.
2) Answer: C
“lately” should be replaced with “late” which is an adverb of time.
3) Answer: A
“neither —nor” is used in pair thus or should be replaced with “nor”.
4) Answer: C
amusing is a positive degree adjective. To make it comparative “more” should be used before it. thus, “amusing” should be changed to “more amusing”.
5) Answer: B
“has jogged” should be changed to “jogs” which shows the general habit. Perfect tense should not be used as perfect tense is used when we have to show the completion of the activity, and here no completion need to be shown. a general habit is discussed here.
6) Answer: A
adjacent takes “to” with it.
7) Answer: C
prefer takes “to” with it for comparison.
8) Answer: A
as the point of time is given thus present perfect continuous tense should be used. so “has been working should” be chosen.
9) Answer: B
as the “contrast” is required thus “yet” should be used.
10) Answer: B
suspicious takes “of” preposition with it.
|Check Here to View SSC CGL / CHSL 2021 English Practice Questions|
|Day – 63||Day – 62||Day – 61|