Dear Aspirants, General Knowledge is one of the most interesting sections that has been asked in various competitive exams. This section is used to increase your overall scores. The general knowledge section consists of current affairs, static gk, history, geography, general science, polity, economics etc. This section consists of a vast syllabus but it is easily scorable. Here we have updated all the topics related to the latest updated syllabus and exam pattern on a daily basis. Candidates can make your preparation process, try to cover the entire syllabus, and revise the overall preparation before the examination. So candidates shall start to prepare for the upcoming examinations and keep ready to face and get success in your career.
1) Identify correct type of food chain:
Dead animal —> maggots —> frog —> snake
(a) Decomposer food chain
(b) Detritus food chain
(c) Grazing food chain
(d) Parasitic food chain
2) In which of the following ecosystem pyramid of biomass is upright?
(a) Pond ecosystem
(b) Grassland ecosystem
(c) Fresh water ecosystem
(d) Forest ecosystem
3) Ministry of Health and family welfare has launched the ‘Test and Treat Policy’ for ______ patients.
4) Karl Landsteiner is known for the discovery of which one of the following?
(a) Cresco graph
(c) Blood group
5) National sport of Malaysia is _____.
(c) Table Tennis
6) Lotus Temple is known for which religion?
7) Who is the recipient of Padma Shri for the year 2016 in the field of sports – Cricket along with Virat Kohli?
(a) Polly Umrigar
(b) Amit Bhandari
(c) Shekhar Naik
(d) Bishan Singh Bedi
8) Who has written the book named ‘The People’s President: Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’?
(a) S. M. Khan
(b) Sourabh Duggal
(c) Tarun Vijay
(d) Shri Vijay Kumar
9) Which country has opened its consulate in Chennai on 28 April 2017?
10) Katchatheevu Island was ceded by India to which country in 1974?
(a) Sri Lanka
1) Answer: B
Detritus food Chain is type of food chain goes from dead organic matter into microorganisms and then to organisms feeding on detritus (detrivores) and their predators.
2) Answer: B
The pyramids of biomass represent the relationship between different trophic levels in terms of biomass.Grassland ecosystem pyramid biomass is upright.
3) Answer: B
The Government has launched the ‘Test and Treat Policy for HIV patients’ in April 2017
4) Answer: C
Karl Landsteiner is known for the discovery of Blood group.
5) Answer: A
National sport of Malaysia is Badminton.
6) Answer: C
Lotus Temple belongs to the Baha’i Faith. Baha’is claim their religion to be an independent Abrahamic World Religion with its roots in Shia Islam.
7) Answer: C
Shekhar Naik is an Indian blind cricketer and a former captain of the India national blind cricket team.He got Padma shri in 2016.
8) Answer: A
S. M. Khan is the author of ‘The People’s President: Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’.
9) Answer: A
Kazakhstan opens consulate in Chennai. April 28, 2017 .The consulate will cover the states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala.
10) Answer: A
Katchatheevu is a controversial uninhabited 285-acre (1.15 km) island situated on the Sri Lankan side of the maritime boundary. It has a Catholic shrine and has been declared as a sacred area by the government of Sri Lanka. The shrine attracts devotees from both the countries.This island was with India till 1974 when it was ceded to Sri Lanka by then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
|Check Here to View SSC CGL / CHSL 2021 Quantitative Aptitude Questions|
|Day – 42||Day – 41||Day – 40|