SSC JE Exam Day Instructions: SSC JE is a Exam conducted by the SSC(Staff Selection Commission) for the requirement of eligible candidates for the post of Junior Engineers Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quantity Surveying and contract Posts for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. SSC conducts SSC JE examination giving candidates a golden opportunity to fulfill their dream of joining the prestigious Government Sector.
SSC will be conducting Tier-I Paper for SSC JE Exam 2019 from 27th October to 30th October 2020 and December 11th 2020 (for candidates who opted for exam centres in Bihar). In this page we will provide SSC JE Exam Day Instructions for the candidates appearing for SSC JE 2019 Exam.
SSC JE Notification and Exam Dates
The Following table contains the SSC JE Notification and Exam Dates for SSC JE 2019, as per the revised Exam Calendar released by the SSC
|SSC JE Notification 2019||13 August 2019|
|SSC JE Online Registration Starts||13 August 2019|
|SSC JE Online Registration ends||12 September 2019|
|Paper I (Computer-based exam)||27th October to 30th October 2020 (Revised dates)
December 11th 2020 (for candidates who opted for exam centers in Bihar)
|Paper-II||To be Updated|
|Result(Tentative)||21st March 2021|
SSC JE Exam Day Instructions – Dress Code
The SSC JE Exam Dress Code is provided below, these are the Dress code that should be followed by the candidates Appearing for SSC JE Exam
- Candidates should not wear full sleeves clothes
- Candidates should not wear clothes with big buttons
- Wear light-coloured and simple clothes
- Candidates should wear open footwear like slippers and sandals
- Candidates should avoid all kind of flashy Clothing and Jewelry
- Female candidates should tie their hairs neatly
SSC JE Exam Day Instructions
The following are the SSC JE exam day instructions and Social Distancing Guidelines as provided by the SSC, the candidates appearing for the upcoming SSC JE Exam must know the following.
- All candidates appearing for SSC JE Tier-1 exam must reach the exam center as per the time slot mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall after the entry closing time.
- Face mask is compulsory for all candidates, and they should carry their own hand sanitizer
- Candidates will be permitted to carry a mask, gloves, transparent water bottle, personal hand sanitizer (50 ml), a simple pen, and other required documents for the exam.
- Candidate should not share any of their personal belongings with anyone
- Candidates appearing for the exam should maintain at least 5-6ft distance between each student while entering the exam hall.
- Print out of COVID-19 self-declaration form provided with the admission certificate to the examination.
- Avoid sharing your belongings with other candidates
- Candidates are required to download the Aarogya Setu app on their phones.
- All those appearing for the exams need to show their Aarogya Setu app status to the Security Guard before entering the center.
- Along with the verification of Aarogya App status, candidate’s temperature will be checked at the entry point with Thermal Guns. The temperature should be below 99.14 degrees. If temperature comes out to be more than 99.14 degrees F, candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- All candidates will be provided with hand sanitizer to sanitize their hands before entering the examination hall
SSC JE Exam Day Instructions- Items to be carried Inside Examination Hall
- SSC JE Admit Card/Admission Certificate
- Passport size photographs, identity card (passport/aadhaar card/driving license, PAN card/any other photo identity proof issued by Central government)
- 2 passport sized coloured photograph
- Face Mask (Mandatory)
- BallPoint Pen
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Transparent water bottle
SSC JE Exam day Instructions- Items Not Allowed Inside the Exam Hall
The following items are not allowed in the SSC JE Tier-1 exam
- Do not carry Wristwatches, Smart Watches
- Calculator and Electronic gadgets
- Mobile Phones, sunglasses
- Books or magazines
- Bluetooth device
- Cameras or any such electronic device is strictly prohibited.
- Loose piece of paper
- Nose pins, bracelets, earrings etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. When is the SSC JE Tier-1 Exam expected to be conducted?
Ans. The SSC JE Tier-1 Exam is being conducted from 27 October to 30 October 2020 and December 11th 2020 (for candidates who opted for exam centres in Bihar).
Q2. Is wearing a mask compulsory for the candidates appearing for SSC JE Tier-1 Exam?
Ans. Yes, masks are compulsory for the candidates appearing for the SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam.
Q3. Can any exam center provided by the SSC be cancelled before the exam?
Ans. SSC reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centers and/ or add some other Centers, at its discretion, depending upon the response and administrative feasibility.
Q4. What is the dress code for candidates appearing for SSC JE Tier-1 Exam?
Ans. Candidates should not wear full sleeves clothes, clothes with big buttons should also not be worn, wear light-coloured and simple clothes and wear open footwear like slippers and sandals
Q5. Will SSC make arrangements for the candidates to reach the exam center?
Ans. No, Candidates may reach the examination center at their own risk and expenses. SSC does not provide candidates with any facilities or travelling arrangements.