SSC JHT Exam Pattern: Every year SSC releases the notification for SSC JHT exam for recruitment of eligible candidates to the post of Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) on its official website. The SSC JHT recruitment notification was released on 29th June 2020. The SSC JHT online application was active between 29th June 2020 to 25th July 2020. The exam dates for the same was awaited. Now, the SSC has released the exam dates for the SSC JHT Paper-I exam. The SSC JHT exam will be held on 19th November 2020.
Candidates appearing for the exam must understand the SSC JHT exam pattern before they start their preparation. In this article, we will explain to you in detail the SSC JHT exam pattern for Paper-I and Paper-II.
SSC JHT Important Dates
SSC has released the exam dates for the SSC JHT 2020 exam. Below are the details of all the important dates related to SSC JHT exam.
|SSC JHT 2020 Notification||29th June 2020|
|Start of Online Form Submission||29th June 2020|
|Last date for Online Form Submission||25th July 2020|
|Last date to generate office challan||29th July 2020|
|Last Date of Payment through challan
(During Working Hours of a bank)
|31st July 2020|
|Admit Card for Paper-I||November 2020|
|SSC JHT Paper-I||19th November 2020|
|Admit Card for Paper-II||February 2021|
|SSC JHT Paper-II||14th February 2021|
SSC JHT Exam Pattern Overview
The SSC JHT exam pattern consists of only two phases. These are:
- Paper-I (Objective Type Computer Based Test)
- Paper-II (Descriptive Type Pen and Paper Based Test)
Let’s take a look at both the Papers one by one in detail
SSC JHT Exam Pattern Paper-I
The SSC JHT exam pattern of Paper-I is such that it tests the command of a student in both the English and Hindi Languages.
- The SSC JHT Paper-I exam is a multiple-choice based online computer test.
- It has 2 sections – General English and General Hindi.
- Both the sections consist of 100 questions each.
- Each question carries 1 mark in both the sections.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each question marked as wrong.
- Candidates can appear in Paper-II only when they qualify the cut-off marks of Paper-I as decided by the authority.
- The qualifying marks of Paper-I will be decided by the authorities and that would be final.
|SSC JHT Paper||Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|General English||100||100||Cumulative Time of 2 hrs.
(2 hrs 40 mins for PwD candidates)
SSC JHT Exam Pattern Paper-II
SSC JHT exam pattern of Paper-II tests the candidate on the translation skill of a candidate both from English to Hindi and Hindi to English and writing skill of the candidate in the form of essay.
- Paper-II is a pen and paper based test with descriptive questions
- Two passages will be given to a candidate for translation, one passage for translation from Hindi to English and another passage for translation from English to Hindi.
- In the case of essays, the candidate will have to write one essay each in English and in Hindi.
|SSC JHT Paper||Sections||Number of Questions||Total marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-2||Translation||2||200||Cumulative Time of 2 hrs
(2 hrs 40 mins for the PwD candidates
SSC JHT Exam Pattern Marking Scheme
Candidates must clearly understand the marking scheme for the SSC JHT exam before they start their preparation. Below is the marking scheme of the exam which the candidates can refer to.
- Paper-I consists of a total of 200 questions
- 100 questions from each General English and General Hindi
- Each question carries 1 marks in both the sections
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each question marked as wrong
- Total time duration will be a cumulative time of 2 hours
- Paper-II will have two parts, one is the translation and the other is the essay writing part.
- 2 questions will be from translation and 2 questions from the essay writing.
- Paper-2 will consist of 200 marks in total.
- There is no negative marking in Paper-II
- There is no specific marking scheme for Paper-II
The final selection will be based on the performance of the candidate in Paper-I and Paper-II. There is no other paper expect for Paper-I and Paper-II as explained in the SSC JHT exam pattern. The final cut-off with combined marks of Paper-I and Paper-II will be decided by the authorities depending on the number of applicants and the number of vacancies. After the final selection, the candidates will be called for the Document Verification round. Once the Document Verification is done, candidates will be given the final allotment letter.
Q1. How many phases are there in the SSC JHT exam?
Ans. The SSC JHT exam consists of 2 phases: Paper-I and Paper-II.
Q2. Is there any negative marking in the SSC JHT Paper-I?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every question marked as wrong by the candidate.
Q3. Is there a Quantitative Aptitude section in the SSC JHT exam?
Ans. No, there is no quantitative aptitude section in any phase of the SSC JHT exam.
Q4. What is the SSC JHT exam pattern of Paper-II?
Ans. The SSC JHT exam pattern of Paper-II consists of 4 questions. 2 questions based on translation and another 2 questions based on essay writing.
Q5. What is the translation section in the Paper-II of the SSC JHT exam pattern?
Ans. In the translation paper, two passages will be given to a candidate for translation, one passage for translation from Hindi to English and another passage for translation from English to Hindi.