Dear Aspirants, The SSC Exams are going on at national level. Millions of candidates have eagerly prepared for the ongoing SSC exams such as CGL, CHSL, MTS, CPO, JE etc. SSC exams are usually conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit the eligible candidates for various Central government departments. Mostly the selection process for all the SSC exams consists of the single or double phase of written examination based on the examination. Due to that, the written exam consisted of a certain syllabus and exam pattern. By following those regulations, the written exam has been conducted through an online mode. Based on the latest updated exam pattern and syllabus, here we have drafted the Reasoning Ability questions on a daily basis. So aspirants start your practice session with us and mould your skill in a perfect shape.
1) Select the word-pair in which the two words are related in the same way as are the two words in the following word pair.
Butterflies : Lepidopterist
(a) Chromosomes: Botanist
(b) Postcards : Deltiologist
(c) Jewels : Jeweler
(d) Maps : Cartographer
2) Arrange the following words in a logical and meaningful order
1.Monkey 2. Elephant 3. Rat 4.Fly 5. Lion
(a) 3, 4, 1, 5, 2
(b) 4, 3, 1, 5, 2
(c) 4, 1, 3, 2, 5
(d) 3, 4, 1, 2, 5
3) Select the option that is related to the third letter-cluster in the same way as the second letter-cluster is related to the first letter-cluster.
GATE: HXYX: : SINK: _________
4) Three of the following four words are alike in a certain way and one is different. Pick the odd one out.
5) In a code language, BLEND is written as ENHPG. How will WINNER be written in the same language?
6) If V=44 and FAT=54, then how will you code LATE?
7) In a family, B is the father of K.B has only two children. K is the brother of R. R is the daughter of P. A is the grand-daughter of P. S is the father of A. how is S related to K?
8) A plastic toy costs Rs7. A plastic spoon costs Rs5. X spends Rs38 on these plastic items. Find the number of plastic toys he/she purchased?
9) Select the figure that will come next in the following figure series.
10) Three of the following four letter-clusters are alike in a certain way and one is different.
Pick the odd one out.
1) Answer: B
Lepidopterist is the person who studies or collects butterflies
Deltiologist in the person who collects postcards.
2) Answer: B
4, 3, 1, 5, 2 (according to size)
3) Answer: D
+1, -3, +5, -7
4) Answer: D
All related to sound, except option (d) .
5) Answer: A
Sol. +3,+2 series
6) Answer: A
V = 22×2 = 44
FAT = 6+1+20=27×2 = 54
LATE = 12+1+20+5 = 38×2 = 76
7) Answer: B
8) Answer: B
7 × 4 + 5 × 2 = 28 + 10 = 38
∴ Number of plastic toys = 4.
9) Answer: A
Gap of colored section is 1 and 2 in alternate pattern
10) Answer: A
Gap of first and last letter is +6, except option (a) and rest letters are opposite pairs.