TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus:
Are you searching for TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018. Here we are providing Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group IV Syllabus for Tamil & English medium. The candidate who are looking for TNPSC Group 4 mark Allocation, TNPSC Group IV Syllabus in Tamil and English should go through this page. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has released 9351 Group IV vacancy. Lots of candidates had filled the Online mode. The registration Process over now. The information about TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018 related to the exam is given ahead.
TNPSC COMBINED CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION-IV – TNPSC GROUP 4 SYLLABUS & EXAM PATTERN 2018:
Dear Aspirants, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has announced the Recruitment Notification for the TNPSC Group 4 Written Exam. This is one the most awaited Notification for youngsters and this year for TNPSC Group 4 there is a huge openings, TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process conducts TNPSC Group 4 written exam to full fill the 9351 Vacancies.
|Name of the Board||TNPSC|
|Name of the Examination||TNPSC Group 4|
|Last Date to Apply||20th Dec 2017|
|Last date for payment of Fee through Bank
(State Bank of India / Indian Bank) or Post Office.
|21st Dec 2017|
|TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date||11.2.2018 FN (10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M)|
|Exam Pattern for TNPSC Group 4||TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern|
|TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus||Click Here|
Candidates can apply online for this post, here we have given the details overview about the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern and TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus, Aspirants those who are preparing for this examination can make use of it.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
Name of Department: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date: TNPSC Group 4 Exam will be held on 11.02.2018
Total No. of Post: 9351 Posts
TNPSC Vacancy Name: Jr. Assistant, Draftsman, Field Survey or etc.
Official Website: www.tnpsc.gov.in
The applicant, who is searching the Tamilnadu Group 4 Exam Pattern should read this page fully. Here you will get all the information what you are searching for. As per the TNPSC notification, Exam consist of objective type questions.
- In TNPSC Group 4 Exam, the question will be OMR
- Total No. of Questions is 200. The maximum marks are
- The candidate has to complete TNPSC Group IV Question Paper in 3 hours.
- To qualify the TNPSC Group 4 Exam, candidate need to read the subject like General Studies, Quantitative Aptitude and Current events of atleast 6 months & General Tamil/ General English.
- The questions of General Studies will be set in English & Tamil. Another section will be either General tamil or General English while applying.
TNPSC Group 4 2017 | TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date
As per the Official Notification TNPSC Group 4 Exam date will be held on 11th February 2018, and the exam timing will be around (10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M).
Tamil Nadu CCSE Group IV Exam Pattern 2018 & TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus:
|Subject||No of Question||Maximum marks||Duration||Minimum Qualifying marks|
|General Tamil/ General English||100||150||3 hours||90|
TNPSC Group 4 Mark Details:
For TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process, the mark allocation is 300 marks from which applicant need minimum 90 marks to qualify the Exam. So, don’t waste your time and start your preparation for the exam. You can check Group 4 Study materials like TNPSC Syllabus/ Tamilnadu Group IV Exam Pattern 2018 Tamil & English.
According to the Exam Pattern of TNPSC Group 4, If the candidate done any mistake while shading the registration number on the sheet, the one mark will be reduced. For rest of the details about TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018,the candidate should check the below section.
TNPSC Group 4 2017 | TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process
Tamil Nadu TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018 for General Studies (CCSE):
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus – The unit I General Science :
Nature of Universe – General Scientific laws – Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories – Mechanics and Properties of Matter – Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy – Magnetism, electricity, and electronics – Heat, light, and sound.
Elements and compounds Acids bases and salts – Fertilizers, Pesticides, insecticides.
Main Concepts of life science – Classification of living organism-Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
Blood and blood circulation – Reproductive system – Environment, ecology, health, and hygiene – Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies – Animals, Plants, and human life.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus – Unit II Current Events:
Latest diary of events – national – National symbols – Profile of States – Eminent persons & Places in news-Sports & Games – Books & Authors – Awards & honors’ – India and its Neighbors.
- Problems in conduct of public elections
- Political Parties and Political System in India
- Public Awareness & General Administration
- Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility.
Geography: Geographical landmarks
Economics: Current socio-economic problems
Science: Latest inventions in Science & Technology
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus – Unit III Geography :
Earth and Universe – Solar system – Monsoon, Rainfall, Weather & Climate – Water Resources – Rivers in India – Soil, Minerals & Natural Resources – Forest & Wildlife – Agricultural pattern – Transport including surface transport & Communication – Social Geography – Population – density and distribution – Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus – Unit IV History and Culture of India and Tamil Nadu :
Indus valley civilization – Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas – Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people – India Since Independence – Characteristics of Indian Culture – Unity in diversity – Race, Colour, language, custom – India – as secular state – Growth of Rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN – Political parties and Populist Schemes.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus – Unit V Indian Polity :
Constitution of India — Preamble to the constitution – Salient features of Constitution – Union, State and Territory – Citizenship – rights amend duties – Fundamental rights – Fundamental duties – Human rights charter – Union legislature – Parliament – State executive – State Legislature – Assembly – Local Government – Panchayat Raj – Tamil Nadu – Judiciary in India – Rule of Law/ Due process of Law Elections – Official language and Schedule VIII – Corruption in Public life – Anti-Corruption measures – CVC, Lok – Adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information – Empowerment of Women – Consumer Protection forms.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus – Unit VI Indian Economy:
Nature of Indian Economy – Five – year plan models – an assessment – Land reforms & Agriculture – Application of Science in agriculture – Industrial Growth – Rural welfare oriented Programmers – Social Sector Problems – Population, Education, Health, Employment, Poverty – Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus – Unit VII Indian National Movement:
National Renaissance – Emergency of National Leaders – Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore – Different modes of agitations – Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & Others.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018 for Aptitude:
Here we are providing the Aptitude topics. If you Practice all these topics, definitely you will get nearly 33 to 35 marks.
- Number Series
- HCF & LCM
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Area – Volume
- Time & Work
- Time and distance
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Reasoning
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2018 of General English:
Part A Grammar (TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus) :
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the given option.
- Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given.
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix).
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Proposition
- Question Tag Correct
- Correct Tense
- Correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object…) Blanks with Correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Preposition, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the off words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentence)
- Identify the Correct degree
- Form a new word by Blending the words
- Form compound words (Eg. Noun + Verb, Gerund + Noun)
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus – Part B Literature:
I. The figure of speech observed in the following Poems:
- Rhyme Scheme
- Rhyming Words
II. Appreciation Questions from poetry A Psalm of Life – Women’s Rights – The National United – English words – Snake – The Man He Killed – Off to outer space tomorrow morning – Sonnet No. 116 – The Solitary Reaper – Be the Best – O Captain My Captain – Laugh and Be Merry – Earth – Don’t quit – The Apology – Be Glad your Nose is on your face – A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying Wonder – To a Millionaire – The Piano – Manliness – Going for water – The cry of the Children – Migrant Bird – Shilpi
III. Important lines from Poem Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No. 116
IV. Question the Biography Mahatma Gandhi – Jawaharlal Nehru – Subash Chandra Bose – Helen Keller Kalpana Chawala – Dr. Salim Ali – Rani of Jhansi – Nelson Mandela – Abraham Lincoln
V. Questions on Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act II Scene 2) – Sonnet 116
VI. Questions from Oscar Wilde’s The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant VII. Dr. Karl Paulnack Music – The Hope Raiser
VII. Comprehension Questions from the following Motivational Essay Gopala Krishna Gokhale’s Speech on 25th July in Mumbai in response to the address presented to him by students – Dale Carnegie’s ‘The Road to success – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s ‘Vision for the Nation (From ‘India 2020’)- Ruskin Bond’s ‘Our Local Team’ – Hope Spencer’s ‘Keep your spirits high’ – Deepa Agarwal’s ‘After the Storm’ – Brain pattern’s ‘You can’t be that no you can’t be that’
VIII. Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places Ahtushi Deshpande’s ‘To the land of snow’ – Manohar Devadoss – Yaanai Malai – Brihadeesvarar Temple
IX. British English – American English
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus – Part C Authors and their Literacy Works:
- Match the Poem with the Poets
- The Story belongs to which Nationality
- With the short story Identify the Author
- Whose Auto Biography/ Biography is this?
- Which Nationality Poet belongs to?
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian Authors
- Drama Famous Lines, Characters, Quotes from
- The Places Match, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with suitable option
- Match the following Folk Arts with the Indian State/ Country
- Match the Author with the Relevant Story Title
- About the Poets
- About the Dramatists
- Mention the poem in which lines occur
- Various works of the following Authors
- What is the theme observed in the Literary works?
- Famous Quotes – Who said this?
- To which period the Poets belong
- Matching the Poets and Poems
- Nature-centered Literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus (Tamil and English) – Click Here to Download
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus (Tamil) – Click Here to Download