Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 1st Week of February 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming Syndicate Bank PO, Canara Bank PO, SBI Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Important Weekly Current Affairs 1st Week of February 2018
1) Indian Coast Guard Day celebrated on – February 1.
2) The Indian Navy’s third state-of-the-art Scorpion class submarine which was launched by Reena Lanba, wife of Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba in Mumbai is – INS Karanj
3) Power and New and Renewable Energy Minister R K Singh inaugurated the 7th India Energy Congress 2018 organized by World Energy Council India in – New Delhi.
|Theme 2018||Energy 4.0: Energy Transition Towards 2030|
4) Venezuelan President who has announced February 20 as the pre-sale date for a Cryptocurrency backed by the country’s vast oil reserves – Nicolas Maduro.
|Venezuela Currency||Venezuelan Bolívar|
|Venezuela President||Nicolás Maduro|
5) The Maharashtra government has announced a scheme under which a packet of sanitary pads will be made available to seven lakh girls from government schools in rural parts for 5, The name of the scheme is – Asmita
|Maharashtra Chief Minister||Devendra Fadnavis|
|Maharashtra Governor||C. Vidyasagar Rao|
6) The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approved a scheme aimed at providing employment to the family members of the security personnel who were martyred after – April 1, 2017.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
|Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister||Yogi Adityanath|
|Uttar Pradesh Governor||Ram Naik|
7) The state government which has announced that all children studying in government, aided and unaided schools will have lessons on road safety from the academic year 2019-20 – Karnataka.
|Karnataka Chief Minister||Sidharamaya|
|Karnataka Governor||Vajubai Vala|
8) The state government which has approved Ghodazari in Chandrapur district as a new wildlife sanctuary in the state – Maharashtra.
|Maharashtra Chief Minister||Devendra Fadnavis|
|Maharashtra Governor||C. Vidyasagar Rao|
9) The rank of India in the list of wealthiest countries with total wealth of $8,230 billion, while the United States topped the chart – 61
10) As part of divestment of public sector entities, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley stated that government will merge three general insurance firms into one and subsequently list the entity on stock exchanges – National Insurance Co Ltd, United India Insurance Co Ltd and Oriental India Insurance Company.
|Oriental Insurance Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Oriental Insurance Tagline||Prithvi, Agni, Jal, Akash, Sabhi Suraksha Hamare Pass.|
|Oriental Insurance MD and CEO||A V Girija Kumar|
|National Insurance Headquarters||Kolkata|
|National Insurance Tagline||Trusted Since 1906, Thoda simple Socho|
|National Insurance MD and CEO||K. Sanath Kumar|
|United India Insurance Headquarters||Chennai|
|United India Insurance Tagline||Rest Assured with us|
|United India Insurance MD and CEO||Nagaraja Sarma|
11) The Election Commission of India (ECI) has appointed senior IAS officer Surendra Kumar as the new Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) of – Odisha.
|Odisha Chief Minister||Naveen Patnaik|
|Odisha Governor||S.C. Jamir|
12) Technology giant which has added Hindi language support for its digital assistant for users on Allo messenger in India – Google.
13) Indian who has lifted the National men’s singles title for the eighth time, equalling the feat of Kamlesh Mehta – Sharath Kamal.
14) The 13th edition of the ‘AICFB National A Chess Championship for the visually challenged’ will be held in Delhi from February 3 to 11.
15) World Wetlands Day is celebrated every year on 2 February.
|Theme||Wetlands for a Sustainable Urban Future|
16) In the Union Budget 2018 Finance minister Arun Jaitley has been sanctioned Rs. 100 crore for – Nirbhaya Fund to the safety of women..
17) The government has made Permanent Account Number (PAN) mandatory for those entity conducting financial transactions of – Rs.5 lakh or more.
18) Canada’s Upper House of Parliament has passed a bill to modify the country’s national anthem in a bid to make it gender-neutral.
19) The country which has became the second country after Bangladesh to open a consulate in Guwahati, the principal city of a state trying to shake off the militancy tag – Bhutan.
20) The United Arab Emirates has made a record by opening the world’s longest zip line, measuring 2.83 km in length. Guinness World Records officials certified the zip line in – Ras al-Khaimah.
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi,|
|President||Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
21) The country which has become the first low-income country to provide universal eye care for its 12 million populations – Rwanda.
22) The 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela has begun in – Faridabad, Haryana.
|Theme State||Uttar Pradesh|
23) India has joined Ashgabat Agreement on the establishment of an International Transport and Transit Corridor across the Iran, Oman, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
24) Indian Information Service (IIS) officer Neelam Kapur was appointed Director-General of Sports Authority of India (SAI).
25) Alibaba invests $146 million in – BigBasket
26) The 7th India Energy Congress was held in – New Delhi.
27) The theme of the 7th edition of India Energy Congress is ‘Energy 4.0: Energy Transition Towards 2030’.
28) Prime Minister Narendra Modi has written a book for students who are battling stress and anxiety during the examination season. The cover photo of the book was released on February 3rd , The name the book is – Exam Warrior.
29) World Cancer Day is observed on – February 4.
|Theme 2018||We Can. I can|
30) The Floating Treatment Wetland (FTW) was inaugurated in – Neknampur Lake in Hyderabad.
|CM||K. Chandrasekhar Rao|
|Governor||Ekkadu Srinivasan Lakshminarasimhan|
31) Assam Government has signed a MoU with the National Building Construction Corporation Limited (NBCCL). It aims to build a Twin Tower Trade Centre (65 storey) in Guwahati at an investment of – Rs. 1950 crores.
32) The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed world’s highest motorable road in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
33) Indian Army launched an independent and fully-integrated Joint Training Node (JTN) at Umroi cantonment in Shillong.
34) Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has said that the state’s first-ever global investors summit ‘Advantage Assam’ has received investment commitments worth nearly – 70,000 crore.
35) The long pending Transgender Welfare Board (TWB) will finally see light of the day with the Maharashtra government making a provision of – Rs 5 crore for welfare of the community.
36) A unique, first-of-its-kind, floating market has come up in Patuli in Kolkata.
37) State government in association with UNICEF today launched massive door to door campaign DASTAK to eradicate deadly Acute Encephalitis Syndrome and Japanese Encephalitis disease in the state – Uttar Pradesh.
38) The Centre has sanctioned Rs. 61 crore 74 lakh to a new project to control pollution in Sal river at Navelim town in Goa.
39) The HRD Ministry-appointed panel tasked with drafting a new National Education Policy will submit its report by March 31.
40) The name of the scheme which Power Minister R K Singh announced a Rs 48,000-crore Kisan Urja Suraksha Utthaan Maha Abhiyaan KUSUM scheme.
41) Nicos Anastasiades sworn as the president of – Cyprus for 2nd consecutive time.
42) Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) said it would spend up to $413 million on shares in – Bharti Telecom.
43) The 2017 World Youth Forum was held at – Sharam El Shiekh in Egypt.
44) The 21st World Congress of Mental Health was held in New Delhi with theme “Partnerships for Mental Health”.
45) India set Guinness world record by cooking 918 kg khichdi, a traditional multi-grain dish during three day World Mega Food India event held in – New Delhi.
46) The Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu Mela was inaugurated the First ever International Kala in – New Delhi.
47) First defence industrial corridor laid between – Chennai, Bengaluru
48) The App which could contribute to the doubling of farmers’ income that will give more accurate weather forecasts – India’s most powerful Cray Super Computer – MIHIR.
49) Former Team India captain Sourav Ganguly’s autobiography is soon-to-be-published and it is named – “A Century is Not Enough”.
50) In women’s singles Defending champion P V Sindhu was defeated by – American Beiwen Zhang.
51) The Centre has released more than Rs 51,616 crore to states under rural employment guarantee scheme – MGNREGA till January 31.
52) Dubai International Airport – named as the world’s busiest airport for international traffic.
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi|
|President||Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
53) The government has approved a proposal to extend the tenure of Niti Aayog CEO Amithab Kant till June 30, 2019.
54) Shri A.K.Prasad has going to take charge as the new Financial Commissioner (Railways), with effect from 1st February 2018.
55) Jerome H Powell was sworn in as the 16th Chairman of – the Federal Reserve
56) Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has signed a project agreement with the World Bank for – Jal Marg Vikas Project on river Ganga.
57) The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) launched the world’s smallest rocket with the ability to put a tiny satellite into orbit it carried a microsatellite – TRICOM-1R.
58) Indian cricketers who have been named in Forbes India 30 under 30 achievers list – Jasprit Bumrah and Harmanpreet Kaur.
59) The Andhra Pradesh government has decided to hold the first-of-its kind, one-day Pelican Festival at the Atapaka Bird Sanctuary on Kolleru
60) The state government which has launched the ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ to provide for the sale of organic manure and cow urine with an aim to benefit farmers – Haryana.
|CM||Shri Manohar Lal|
|Governor||Kaptan Singh Solanki|
61) The President of India Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 88th Mahamastakabhisheka Utsav of Lord Gomateshwara in – Hassan district of Karnataka.
62) Who is appointed as New MD & CEO of SBI Card the country’s second largest credit card issuer – Hardayal Prasad.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15 to 21st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|