Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (22nd to 31st August 2017) – Free PDF Download:
Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Current Affairs Weekly Revision Tit-Bits (22nd to 31st August 2017). Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming IBPS PO/Clerk 2017-18 can make use of it.
Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (22nd to 31st August 2017)
Jharkhand’s first textiles manufacturing and export unit ‘Orient Craft Ltd’ was inaugurated by – Smriti Irani
- She also laid foundation stones of numerous companies under special make in Jharkhand drive, called “Momentum Jharkhand” in Jamshedpur.
- Union minister of Textiles – Smriti Irani
- Constituency – Gujarat, Rajya Sabha
- State – Jharkhand
- Capital – Ranchi
- CM – Raghubar Das
- Governor – Draupadi Murmu
The two countries which have established new two-by-two (2 by 2) ministerial dialogue to enhance strategic coordination – India & US
- Country – United States of America
- Capital – Washington D.C
- Currency – US Dollar
- President – Donald Trump
12-year-old Indian-origin boy who has been crowned as the UK’s ‘Child Genius’ – Rahul Doshi
- Rahul Doshi won the Channel 4 show ‘Child Genius’ by beating his nine-year-old opponent – Ronan – 10-4. The school boy is from north London.
First regional centre of the New Development Bank Opens in – South Africa
- The first regional centre of the New Development Bank, set up by India and other BRICS nations, was officially opened by South African President Jacob Zuma and the bank’s Indian head K V Kamath.
- NDB – New Development Bank
- Headquarters – Shanghai, China
- President – K V Kamath
Power Grid Corp announced to get USD 500 million loan from the – Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- The proceeds of the loan are proposed to be utilised for funding of Green Energy Corridor (Part D); 800KV High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) bipole link between Western Region (Raigarh, Chhattisgarh) and Southern Region (Pugalur, Tamil Nadu) and 320 KV HDVC link between Pugalur and North Trichur (Kerala).
- ADB – Asian Development Bank
- Headquarters of ADB – Manila, Philippines
- President of ADB – Takehiko Nakao
Nestle India has tied up with which company for the launch of its new Nutrilicious range of Maggi Noodles – Amazon India
The person who has been selected for the prestigious Agriculture Leadership Award-2017 – Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao
- State – Telangana
- Capital – Hyderabad
- CM – K Chandrashekhar Rao
- Governor – E S L Narasimhan
The country which have developed the world’s smallest surgical robot – British
- A team of 100 scientists and engineers have used low-cost technology originally developed for mobile phones and space industry. The robot, called Versius, mimics the human arm and can be used to carry out a wide range of laparoscopic procedures.
The ministry which has Approves Delegation of Powers to Border Roads Organisation – Union Ministry of Defence
- The Ministry of Defence has decided to delegate administrative and financial powers to the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) to avoid delays on account of references between the Chief Engineer, HQ DGBR and the Ministry.
- Union Defence Minister – Arun Jaitley
- Constituency – Gujarat, Rajya Sabha
US and South Korea began a 10-day-long annual military exercise called – The Ulchi Freedom Guardian drill
- The Ulchi Freedom Guardian drill is a computer-simulated defensive exercise designed to enhance readiness and maintain stability on the Korean peninsula.
- Country – South Korea
- Capital – Seoul
- Currency – South Korean won
Myanmar’s Air Force commander-in-chief calls on – Arun Jaitley
- Commander-in-Chief of Myanmar Air Force Gen. Khin Aung Myint called on Defence Minister Arun Jaitley and deliberated on ways to deepen security ties between the two countries.
- Country: Myanmar
- Capital: Naypyidaw
- Currency: Burmese kyat
- President: Htin Kyaw
Union Government launches Digital Police under – CCTNS project
- Rajnath Singh, the Union Home Minister, launched the Digital Police Portal under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS).
Google launches Android 8.0 named – ‘Oreo’
- Google announced ‘Oreo’ as the name for the latest version of the Android operating system, continuing the dessert-themed names.
- Organization: Google
- Headquarters: Mountain View, California,
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
The company which drops out of India’s top 10 most valued companies – Infosys
- Three days after Vishal Sikka’s resignation as Infosys CEO and MD, the company has slipped out of the list of top 10 companies by market capitalisation on BSE.
The space organization which plans to extract oxygen from atmosphere on Mars – NASA
- NASA is planning to send microbial life on its Mars 2020 rover mission, which would use Mars’ atmospheric carbon dioxide to produce oxygen.
Uber India appoints this person as New Chief People’s Officer – Vishpala Reddy
- Uber India has appointed former American Express executive Vishpala Reddy as the Chief People’s Officer (CPO) for its India and South Asia operations.
The Indian Player who wins bronze at Junior Shotgun World Cup – Shapath Bharadwaj
- Teenager Shapath Bharadwaj today won a bronze medal in the double trap event while Lakshay Sheoran and Manisha Keer combined to win a bronze in the mixed team trap competition at the ISSF Junior Shotgun World Cup in Porpetto, Italy.
The state government which is planning to provide pension to the transgender – Andhra Pradesh
- The Andhra Pradesh government is planning to provide pension to the transgender community in a bid to establish equality and a better standard of living for every citizen in the state, Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu.
- State: Andhra Pradesh
- Capital: Amaravati, Hyderabad
- CM: Chandrababu Naidu
- Governor: E. S. L. Narasimhan
City In which Air India Museum to be opened in February – Mumbai
- Apart from paintings by famous artists such as MF Hussain and VS Gaitonde, the airline has a large collection of Indian crafts, wall hangings, stone carvings, antique rugs, and textiles.
- State: Maharashtra
- Capital: Mumbai
- CM: Devendra Fadnavis
- Governor: C. Vidyasagar Rao
The state which has launched Rescue wagon for mass casualties – Karnataka
- Karnataka Transport Minister Ramalinga Reddy launched a mass casualty rescue wagon that is capable of transporting 20 patients in one go.
- State: Karnataka
- Capital: Bangalore
- CM: Siddaramaiah
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
City In which ‘Food ATM’ installed for poor and needy – Kolkata
- A restaurant chain owner in Kolkata has installed a ‘Food ATM’ in front of one of his outlet to feed the poor and curb food wastage.
- The ATM is a 320-litre refrigerator laden with leftovers, with owner urging customers to pack the leftover food and donate it.
- State: West Bengal
- Capital: Kolkata
- CM: Mamata Banerjee
- Governor: Keshari Nath Tripathi
Renaming of central sector scheme SAMPADA as PM Kisan Sampada Yojana approved by – CCEA
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA has approved the renaming of the new Central Sector Scheme – SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) as Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) for the period of 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle.
The person who is about to attend Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) meet in Kyrgyz Republic – Rajnath Singh
- The meeting will focus on prevention and elimination of emergency situations.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh is leading the Indian delegation which includes senior officers from Home and External Affairs Ministries and National Disaster Management Authority.
- Country: Kyrgyz Republic
- Capital: Bishkek
- Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
- President: Almazbek Atambayev
The country which launches Climate-Smart Snow Leopard Plan – Nepal
- Nepal launched its climate-smart snow leopard landscape management plan.
- The plan is the first climate-smart landscape management plan for snow leopard conservation in the world.
- Country: Nepal
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- PM: Sher Bahadur Deuba
World’s least visited country in 2016 – Island of Tuvalu
- Country – Tuvalu
- Capital – Funafuti
- Currency – Australian dollar, Tuvaluan dollar
Raghuram Rajan, on his RBI stint pens a book named – ‘I Do What I Do’
- Former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan has penned a book titled ‘I Do What I Do: On Reform, Rhetoric & Resolve’.
India Post has sent notice to digital payments startup to stop using the term ‘postcard’ – Paytm
- India Post has sent notice to digital payments startupPaytm to stop using the term ‘postcard’ for its recently launched product Paytm Postcards.
- Organisation: Paytm
- Headquarters: Noida
- CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Organisation: Indian post
- Headquarters: New Delhi
The state which has launched a web portal with online question banks to help students prepare for competitive exams on their own – Maharashtra
- The Maharashtra education board has launched a web portal with online question banks to help students prepare for competitive exams on their own.
- State: Maharashtra
- Capital: Mumbai
- CM: DevendraFadnavis
- Governor: C. VidyasagarRao
To which State Microsoft India agreed to develop ‘farm price forecasting model’ – Karnataka
- The Agriculture Department of Karnataka has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with software giant Microsoft India to develop a unique ‘farm price forecasting model’.
- The project is being supervised by the Karnataka Agriculture Prices Commission (KAPC).
- State: Karnataka
- Capital: Bangalore
- CM: Siddaramaiah
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
- Organisation: Microsoft India
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- Chairman: Bhaskar Pramanik
State which has launched E-waste disposal in state schools – Kerala
- Kerala government has begun e-waste disposal in its state schools with about 12500 kg being disposed state wide on a single day under a programme aimed at clearing the accumulated junk.
- State: Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapu ram
- CM: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: P. Sathasivam
The country which has allowed Gender-neutral passports to promote equality – Canada
- The Canadian government announced that citizens, who do not identify with a particular gender, whether male or female, would soon be able to obtain gender neutral passports.
- Country: Canada
- Capital: Ottawa
- Currency: Canadian Dollar
- Prime Minister: Justin Trudeau
Barcelona sign this player to make him 2nd most expensive football player – Ousmane Dembélé’s
- Barcelona announced Ousmane Dembélé’s signing from Borussia Dortmund for a fee of €105 million (Rs.800 crore), along with potential €42m in add-ons, making him the second most expensive player ever behind Neymar.
External Affairs Minister SushmaSwaraj inaugurated the country’s first ‘VideshBhavan’ in – Mumbai
- The Bhavan integrates all offices of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in Maharashtra It is located in the BandraKurla Complex (BKC), Mumbai.
- State – Maharashtra
- Capital – Mumbai
- CM – DevendraFadnavis
- Governor – VidyasagarRao
- Union minister for External Affairs – SushmaSwaraj
- Constituency – Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh
The person who has launches National Sports Talent Search Portal in New Delhi – Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu
- Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu launched the Sports Ministry’s much-awaited National Sports Talent Search Portal at a function in the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi.
- 1st Vice President – Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Present & 13th Vice President – Venkaiah Naidu
Sushma Swaraj participate in the two-day Indian Ocean Conference to be held in – Colombo
- The theme of the conference is peace, progress, and prosperity. It will see participation from around 35 countries and have speakers from 25 countries.
- Country – Sri Lanka
- Capital – Colombo (Commercial Capital), Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte (legislative Capital)
- Currency – Sri Lankan Rupee
- PM – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- President – Maithripala Sirisena
The person who announced that the first edition of Rural Games or Grameen Khel Mahotsav will start from Delhi – Vijay Goel
- The Rural Games will aim at popularising the indigenous games like wrestling, athletics etc. and will also have fun games like Matka Race, Tug of War for senior citizens to add the fun element in the games.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) Youth Affairs and Sports – Vijay Goel
- Constituency – Rajya Sabha, Rajasthan
National Sports Day: 29th August
- The National Sports day is celebrated on 29th August every year to mark the birthday of legendary hockey player Major Dhyan Chand.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicates to nation 11 completed highway projects in – Rajasthan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation 11 completed highway projects in Rajasthan, covering a total length of about 873 kilometres.
- State – Rajasthan
- Capital – Jaipur
- CM – Vasundhara Raje
- Governor – Kalyan Singh
Finance Ministry has imposed a five-year anti-dumping duty on Sodium Nitrite imports from – China
- Deepak Nitrite Ltd had filed the petition, which was also supported by Punjab Chemicals & Crop Protection Ltd, seeking sunset review investigations on Sodium Nitrite imports from China.
- There are two more producers of Sodium Nitrite in the country – National Fertilisers Ltd and Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilisers Limited.
World’s Toughest Law against Plastic Bags has been imposed in – Kenya
- In Kenya, selling or even using plastic bags will risk imprisonment of up to four years or fines of $40,000.
Assam forest dept deploys excavators to evict illegal encroachers from – Amchang Wildlife Sanctuary
- Assam forest department deployed around 10000 security and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) personnel, 20 elephants and 20 excavators to evict 1400 families that have been encroaching upon Amchang Wildlife Sanctuary.
- State – Assam
- Capital – Dispur
- CM – Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor – Banwarilal Purohit
- Amchang Wildlife Sanctuary – Guwahati city in the state of Assam
Fourth Session of the India-Tanzania Joint Trade Committee (JTC) meeting was held in – New Delhi
- The Indian delegation was led by Minister for State for Commerce and Industry Nirmala Sitharaman and Tanzanian delegation was led by the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment Mr. Charles John Mwijage.
- Minister for State (Independent Charge) for Commerce and Industry – Nirmala Sitharaman
- Constituency – Karnataka, Rajya Sabha
- Country – Tanzania
- Capital – Dodoma
- Currency – Tanzanian Shilling
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (22nd to 31st Aug 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (15th to 21st Aug 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (8th to 14th Aug 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (1st to 7th Aug 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (22nd July to 31st July)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (15th July to 21st July)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (8th July to 14th July)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (1st July to 7th July)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (22nd to 30th June 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (15th to 21st June 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (8th to 14th June 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (1st to 7th June 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (22nd to 31st May 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (15th to 21st May 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (8th to 14th May 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (1st to 7th May 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision Tit-Bits (April 2017)||Click Here to Download|