World Blood Donor Day 2021 Theme: World Blood Donor Day is observed every year on 14th June to spread general awareness about the requirement of blood donation to save the lives of people. On World Blood Donor Day 2021 Theme, the blood donors donate blood to save the lives of people who require blood transfusion for surgery purposes or are suffering from blood loss due to an accident. The functions of the human body work smoothly due to the presence of blood. Blood contains red blood cells and white blood cells in the body. Red Blood contains oxygen in the tissue whereas white blood cells mainly fight serious infections and prevent blood clots in the body. Hence, the role of blood is very crucial in the functioning of the human body, therefore it is important to preserve the blood. With this in mind, World Blood Donor Day 2021 Theme is celebrated to spread general awareness of the importance of blood for transfusion and increase blood collection through voluntary and unpaid blood donors towards the National Health System.
World Blood Donor Day 2021 Theme
The World Blood Donor Day 2021 Theme is “Give Blood and Keep the World Beating”. The theme mainly focuses on the contribution made by blood donors to save and improve the lives of people across the world. It spread public awareness worldwide for people to donate safe blood and blood products regularly and contribute to the health sector. World Blood Donor Day 2021 will be hosted in Italy in the National Blood Centre and will be conducted in Rome on 14th June 2021.
- The World Blood Donor Day Theme 2020 was ‘Safe Blood Saves Lives’.
- The World Blood Donor Day Theme 2019 was ‘Safe Blood for All’.
- The World Blood Donor Day Theme 2018 was ‘Be there for someone else. Give blood, share life’.
- The World Blood Donor Day Theme 2017 was ‘Give blood. Give Now. Give Often’.
- The World Blood Donor Day Theme 2016 was ‘Blood connects us all’.
World Blood Donor Day 2021 – History
World Blood Donor Day is observed every year on the birth anniversary of the Kari Landsteiner on 14th June 1968. The World Health Organization initiated and celebrated World Blood Donor Day for the first time on 14th June 2004 with the motive to spread awareness of the importance of blood and blood products, safe blood donation which is unpaid and done voluntarily by a healthy individual.
World Blood Donor Day 2021 Theme – Objective
The major objective of the World Blood Donor Day 2021 Theme is discussed below:
- To establish a platform to thank and celebrate the action of the individual who voluntarily donates the safe blood for free regularly.
- Another objective is to help blood banks with a sufficient supply of blood.
- Provide education to the individuals about the important role of safe blood transfusions and the ways the blood product can be life-saving.
- To motivate youth worldwide to donate safe blood and blood products regularly and inspire others to do the same.
- To prevent the promotion of the paid blood donation mainly when there is blood shortage in the emergency or when immediately required.
- To encourage the national blood donor campaigns and reduce the dependence for blood on family, relatives, and friends.
World Blood Donor Day 2021 Famous Quotes
“We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men.” – Herman Melville.
“Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
“The best blood will at some time get into a fool or a mosquito.” – Austin O’Malley.
Donating is the ultimate sign of solidarity. Actions speak louder than words.” – Ibrahim Hooper.
“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people.” – John Holmes.
“I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.” – Winston Churchill.
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill.
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank.
“You are not important because of how long you live, you are important because of how effective you live.” – Myles Munroe.