World Food Safety Day 2021: World Food Safety Day is celebrated on 7 June every year. The main motive of this day is to draw attention and inspire individuals to identify, prevent, manage food-related risks. This day is celebrated to minimize the burden of food-borne diseases all over the world. Food and Shelter are the basic requirements of every living being. We, humans, work hard to meet the basic needs of daily life. Our existence on earth is purely dependent on food, air, water, and clothes for a basic standard of living. Therefore, World Food Safety Day is celebrated to provide education to the individuals and masses about the importance of food. This day contributes to human health, agriculture, food security, and economic prosperity all over the world. Scroll down the article to know the detailed and important information about World Food Safety Day 2021.
World Food Safety Day 2021: History
The United Nations General Assembly recognizes the burden of food-borne diseases has affected people of all ages globally. Addressing the issue, The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed in 2018 that every year 7th June would be celebrated as World Food Safety Day. The World Health Organization and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations collaborated together to observe 7th June as World Food Safety Day. The theme of World Food Safety Day 2019 was Food Safety, Everyone’s business.
World Food Safety Day 2021 Theme
The World Food Safety Day 2021 theme is “Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow”. The main focus of the theme is to produce and consume safe food which is beneficial for humans, the planet, and the economy. Every human being should be familiar with the fact that living beings, plants, animals, the economy, and the environment are interconnected to fulfill the requirements of the future.
Why is Food Safety important?
Food Safety plays an important role as it is essential that the food stays safe at every stage from production to harvesting, processing, storing, distribution to the consumption stage. Every year a large number of people fall ill and many die due to the consumption of food that is contaminated from bacteria, viruses, and other chemical components. Therefore, World Food Safety Day is celebrated to strengthen the action that ensures the safety of the food and minimize the burden of food-borne diseases all over the world.
World Food Safety Day 2021- Quotes
Some of the important quotes related to the World Food Safety Day 2021 discussed below:
- “There are people in the world so hungry that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” – Mahatma Gandhi.
- “Food safety involves everybody in the food chain”-Mike, Johanns.
- “We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine-gun.”-George Orwell.
- “Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food”-Hippocrates.
- “The food that enters the mind must be watched as closely as the food that enters the body”-Pat Buchanan.
- “Get people back into the kitchen and combat the trend toward processed food and fast food”.-Andrew Orwell.
- “We are going to do everything possible to make sure that food safety is always paramount, and that we work with the industry as aggressively as we can to make sure that we are paying attention to food safety issues”-Mike Johanns.
- “We provide food that customers love, day after day after day. People just want more of it.”-Ray Kroc.
- “Eighty percent of the people in the world have no food safety net. When disaster strikes — the economy gets blown, people lose a job, floods, war, conflict, bad governance, all of those things — there is nothing to fall back on.” – Josette Sheeran.
- “Many countries have food safety systems from farm to table. Everybody involved in the food supply is required to follow standard food safety procedures. You would think that everyone involved with food would not want people to get sick from it”-Marion Nestle.
- “One of the trends we’re seeing in food and agriculture is more and more consumers wanting to know things about their food and where and how it’s grown, and what’s in it.” – Dan Glickman.
- “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” – Winston Churchill.
- Our minds are like our stomachs; they are whetted by the change of their food and variety supplies both with a fresh appetite.”-Quintilian.