World Milk Day 2021 Theme: Every year on June 1st the World Milk Day is celebrated by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations. India is one of the largest producers of milk in the world. World Milk Day 2021 Theme is celebrated to let us know the importance of milk in our diet and the significance of milk products in food. The dairy sector supports the livelihoods of millions of people in India. India’s success story in milk production was scripted by Dr.Verghese Kurien, known as the “Father of the White Revolution” in India. Here we are talking about the History, Significance, and interesting facts about milk on this World Milk Day 2021 Theme.
World Milk Day 2021 Theme
- The theme of World Milk Day 2021 will focus on “Sustainability in the dairy sector with messages around the environment, nutrition, and socio-economics”.
- It specifies the importance of adding milk and milk products to our daily diet.
- The organization also aims at re-introducing dairy farming by helping to create a low carbon future for the dairy sector.
World Milk Day 2021 Theme: History
- World Milk Day for the first time was celebrated in 2001 across the globe and several countries participated in the event.
- The Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) selected June 1st in 2001 as World Milk Day, which celebrates the dairy sector’s contributions to sustainability, economic development, livelihoods, and nutrition.
- In fact, the number of countries for participation is increasing year by year.
- Several activities related to this day have been organized on a national and international level.
Milk Day in India:
- The White Revolution in India was the brainchild of Dr. Verghese Kurein.
- He is known for his tremendous efforts in turning India from a milk deficient country to the largest producer of milk in the world today.
- Under him, many important institutions were established like the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd and the National Dairy Development Board.
- Both these bodies played a significant role in shaping the Dairy Cooperative movement across the country.
- The Anand model of cooperative dairy became famous and was practiced all over the country.
World Milk Day 2021 Theme: Significance
- It is the first food that child consumes after birth and is perhaps the food consumed throughout life.
- In fact, it is the first food for any living creature that took birth in the world and is fed.
- So, it is very important. Most of the nutrient that a human body required is present in the milk.
- It’s packed with important nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, B vitamins, potassium, and vitamin D.
- Plus, it’s an excellent source of protein. Drinking milk and dairy products may prevent osteoporosis and bone fractures and even help you maintain a healthy weight.
Q.On which day the World Milk Day 2021 Theme is celebrated?
The World Milk Day 2021 Theme is celebrated on 1st June 2021.
- Calcium: Builds healthy bones and teeth; maintains bone mass
- Protein: Serves as a source of energy; builds/repairs muscle tissue
- Potassium: Helps maintain a healthy blood pressure
- Phosphorus: Helps strengthen bones and generate energy
- Vitamin D: Helps maintain bones
- Vitamin B12: Maintains healthy red blood cells and nerve tissue.